“Don't ever book a group event here!”

Scandinave Spa Mont-Tremblant
More attraction details
Owner description: This spa is known for its unique Scandinavian-style treatments.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
“Don't ever book a group event here!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We booked our company retreat to the Spa. As we showed up, we were told the spa was at capacity and we would have to wait to enter. They knew we were coming because we have booked tickets, and some people had scheduled massages.
We were told, unapologetically, at the counter when trying to check in, that we could be waiting for hours. Don't know whether to keep waiting here, or to take a taxi back to our hotel.
Such a waste of a day, we booked and planned this so well. We feel like a nuisance and unwelcome.
I would strongly suggest NOT coming here as a group or business. They will not do ANYTHING to help accommodate you.

Scandinave, General Manager at Scandinave Spa Mont-Tremblant, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello Sarah,

Thank you for your comments, they allow us to stay above and beyond our guests expectations.

Please do contact us directly to provide more detail about your dissatisfaction.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the following address: deana@scandinave.com

Kind regards,

Deana Prud'homme, Spa Director

Ottawa, Canada
“Very excited, very disappointed”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had a large party prebooked. Only had about 3 hours to spend at the spa. Large portion of group was turned away at the door because they were at capacity. Staff didn't seem apologetic, seemed like it was our fault for coming.

Instead if spending time in the spa, we got to sit and wait for people to leave.

Here's a tip, don't accept reservations for a large party if you can't accommodate them.

Just awful experience.

Visited February 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your message and we would like to apologize for the disappointment that you experienced during your recent visit.
May I request that you contact us directly to further elaborate on this issue.
I can be reached directly at deana@scandinave.com
Sincerely
Deana Prud’homme
Spa Director
Montreal, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice experience... read this to avoid extra fees!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Very nice place. We went there during the mild winter. Weather was around 0 or -1 so it was not that cold to go around in swimsuit. We had a great time. We tried the recommended cycles (hot, cold and rest) and slept really good afterwards. Only thing is that you have to pay for everything. Only advice, bring your robe; renting one is 10$ per person and they don't even exchange it when it's wet. Also, some parts of the floor are not heated, so it's always better to have slippers (after going to the water, I froze my feet while going to the lobby). All in all, a good experience.

Knowing it`s a spa, it's pretty weird, but the most relaxing thing is that we got to get a deer at max 30 cm from us. The cute beast was expecting food probably. It was very cute. If you go around 4h30 or 5h00pm, you get a chance to see one of these. We got to know that the feed the deer every morning and night.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank MtlTraveler01
Scandinave, General Manager at Scandinave Spa Mont-Tremblant, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you kindly for your comments - they allow us to stay above and beyond our guests expectations.

Please contact us to elaborate on the dissatisfaction that you experienced during your last visit.

Many thanks,
Deana Prud`homme, Director Spa
Miami, FL
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience! First time”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I spent my birthday at the Spa. What a great experience. I was hesitant since I'm from Miami and i have never done anything like this in such cold weather -26C that day. I can't believe I was in a bikini....

The place is very beautiful, full of snow and the nice smell. I really enjoyed the hot tub and relaxation room. I tried but couldn't dip in the cold water. The scenery was magnificent and beautiful.

There is small restaurant, i enjoyed a nice soup, panini and a glass of wine to celebrate my birthday.

Definitely #1 unforgettable experience in Canada

Dear Guest,

Happy belated birthday to you!
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit.
Thank you for your comments.
Rest assured that I will share your great comments regarding our service with the entire team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you again.

Sincerely, Deana Prudhomme - General Manager
Toronto, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great facility - over crowded”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

loved the pools, steam and saunas - also had a good massage. It would be fantastic at a slower time as the massive crowds took away from the relaxation.

Visited December 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your remarks and will certainly share them with our team.
We look forward to seeing you again.

kind regards,