“Interesting”

Scandinave Spa Mont-Tremblant
More attraction details
Owner description: This spa is known for its unique Scandinavian-style treatments.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Potsdam, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I had a massage each. In both cases they messed up the schedule and had to shift us from one person to another. They kept trying to place my wife in rooms already occupied. The day we went it was very cold so not as relaxing as it could have been. The massage was nice but not very relaxing from the room ambiance.

Some downsides, you have to rent a bath robe; you have to bring or buy your own shower shoes; you pay for the massage in advance so can't easily tip the masseuse. Also I forgot my glasses in the locker since you have to carry the bathrobe rental and towels back to the check in desk and they disappeared. Also very expensive compared to US based spa visits at high end resorts.

Visited January 2013
Spa-scandinave, General Manager at Scandinave Spa Mont-Tremblant, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your comments, they allow us to stay above and beyond our guests expectations.
Please contact us to elaborate on the dissatisfactions that you experienced during your last visit.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at the following address: deana@scandinave.com
Many thanks,
Deana Prudhomme, Director Spa

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Elegant relaxing”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A beautiful getaway, a must try at least once. Lots of different ways to relax, baths, 0-gravity chairs, sauna, steam room massage. Be careful on timing though, gets very busy after skiing

Visited February 2012
Spa-scandinave, General Manager at Scandinave Spa Mont-Tremblant, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. Rest assured that I will share your great comments regarding our service with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Sincerely, Deana Prudhomme - General Manager
Montreal, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Relaxing and breath-taking”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our group of 4 visited the Spa on December 30th. My husband had a massage at 6:30PM (reserve well in advance if you have a strong time preference!) so we showed up around 4PM to enjoy the baths until closing at 9PM. There was a waiting list for the baths and we waited approximately one hour before receiving our lockers and padlocks, towels (2 per guest) and bathrobes (10$ additional charge). Don't forget your flip-flops! The chalet-type reception area is beautiful, with many windows, various sitting areas and a fireplace. We watched a few deer eating apples in the snow. It is such a serene place, especially after sundown, when all the baths are gently illuminated. There are many areas to enjoy: steam baths, saunas, hot tubs, cold pools, and relaxation areas. Instead of the cold pools (kept around 13C, if I remember correctly), you can opt to cool off in the Diable River, which was around 2C when we visited! It was quite a cold night so we moved very quickly between areas and I'm afraid we missed out on a few areas that I would have liked to see (Zero Gravity room). I guess that means we'll have to go back, perhaps in summer or fall for a different experience. There are water fountains everywhere, as well as an outdoor hot tea dispenser to stay hydrated.

We took a mid-evening break and went back at reception, where you can get snacks and drinks: soup, wraps, fruit and cheese, cupcakes, fruit juices, coffee, tea, etc. It is a bit pricey but delicious.

The locker rooms are very well appointed and well thought out: the showers have bodywash, shampoo and conditioner dispensers, and there is a separate area with mirrors and hair dryers.

We loved every minute of our spa adventure and will definitely be visiting again :)

Visited December 2012
Dear Guest,
Rest assured that I will share your positive feedback with regard to the quality of our service with the entire team. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“so relaxing!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a super relaxing massage to start and then enjoyed the outdoor hot tubs. It was -8 C today and snowing, so it was really amazing sitting in one of the hot tubs. There were two main hot tubs, one of them had a waterfall. I didn't go into the cold pools. It was fairly busy as it's the holidays, but I never felt over crowded or stressed. The atmosphere was unlike anything I had ever experienced! There were many relaxation rooms, and I sat in a couple of them. I especially liked the Zero Gravity room. I enjoyed everything about the place. I ended my visit with some soup and a coffee, which was tasty though a tad pricey (not that I'd expect a cheap meal at a place like this). The premises really is beautiful, trees everywhere and today was especially pretty as they were covered in fresh white fluffy snow. I especially liked seeing wild deer outside, I thought that was really sweet. I can't wait to go back!!

Visited December 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your kind review! We'll hopefully welcome you again for your next Baths and massage Experience!

Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Lovely spa in the middle of nature”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to this lovely spa on the Saturday between Christmas and New Year. It is a well designed spa with a number of hot and cold pools. We particularly enjoyed the large hot pool with the heavy waterfall, great massage for the back and neck! The steam room and relaxation rooms are great too. One room in particular has a great view of the deer feeding area. We also had Swedish massages, which were great. I had Verginie and she gave me a lovely massage focusing on the areas I asked for. We were worried the spa would be too busy considering the time of year but we never struggled for space. Overall a wonderful spa experience I can recommend.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your review ! Our mission is to offer you an amazing and relaxing environment and we are glad that you have enjoyed your massage and baths experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next visit at Scandinave Spa Mont-Tremblant.