“very disappointed”

Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Laval, Canada
“very disappointed”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My family and just recently booked a room in this hotel, upon our arrival I noticed that the Lobby looked a little shabby, but thought nothing of it. When we opened the door to our condo, our jaws literally dropped from disgust! Patched holes in the walls, burnt carpet, wall stains, broken and chipped furniture old bedding, terribly uncomfortable mattress and much much more! I was devastated that Tremblant/Intrawest rented out such horrid rooms! After asking the front desk for a room switch, when we opened the door to the second condo.... Even Worse!! The smell of dirty carpet mixed with sewage and mildew, etc! You wouldn't even want to remove your shoes thats how bad it was! So unclean it was literally shocking! We left and were completely located elsewhere. I would NEVER recommend anyone to stay here! POINT BLANK.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank j c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Markham, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We visited this hotel during a last minute decision to visit Mont Tremblant in January 2014. The hotel location is great, right by the slopes and the village. Price was very reasonable and the hotel is very clean, friendly staff. The room was a good size, has an older decoration but it adds charm. We didn't have a chance to check hotel amenities i.e. whirpool, etc as we spend most of our time outside. What I enjoyed the most is that I was able to sleep as the room doesn't have those bulky heaters/ac units that can be very noisy! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathia13
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here from December 29-31, 2013 with a couple of friends. On first impression, the hotel didn't look too shabby but it was quite evident that the lobby was aging. While waiting to check in, I saw two guys asking the front desk for a plunger because the bathroom was clogged. I didn't think too much of it, and just assumed that they may have just been messing around. Check in was a smooth process; the front desk agent was nice. Our room (164) overlooked the ice skating rink, and was far away from the elevators and staircase so it was not noisy at all. The heat worked well, and room was cozy. The bathroom amenities were subpar and the towels were thin. Please also note that housekeeping service is an addition 5cad per day, if you choose to request it.

On our first night at the hotel, our bathroom clogged from toilet paper. The bathroom flush pressure is extremely low so every time we flushed it, we were afraid that it would clog. Upon seeing that it was clogged, we contacted the front desk at around 9:30pm and asked if housekeeping could come remedy it. They said housekeeping was not available at that time, and for us to pick up a plunger at the front desk if we'd like. I found it odd that they were so nonchalant as if this happened all the time. Apparently it does, considering we saw other guests asking for a plunger when we checked in.

The location is perfect as the ski rentals and lifts to the ski area is just outside the hotel. As great as the location is, I do not think this hotel is worth the price as everything else is lacking.

• Stayed December 2013
Nathalie J, Responsable relations clients at Tour des Voyageurs, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Jennifer

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at La Tour des Voyageur.We
apologize for what you encountered with the maintenance departement and I will certainly
review the overall perfomance .
Sincerly
NathalieJuster

Travelers are raving about these Mont Tremblant hotels

Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The only thing good about the hotel was the location. It was very expensive. You paid for the location. The room was fine, nothing great.. We came for a family holiday, but on December 29, a group of 10+ teenagers/young 20 somethings moved in next door, with the clear intent to party for the next few days. The only saving grace was Nicholas, the hotel manager who agreed to refund our remaining two days and we left. As we left, van loads of teenagers were arriving and wheeling cases of alcohol into the hotel. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a drink and understand the idea that New Year's is a celebration time, but this had the atmosphere of a frat house. Not sure what the hotel can do to screen its guests, but somewhere in the cyber world, this hotel was noted as the place for kids to party. If you want a more refined mountain experience, this is not it.

1 Thank CRTraveler2014
st. louis
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at this "hotel" in Tremblant from Dec 29 to Jan 2. I took my family here hoping to celebrate New Years in Tremblant and do some skiing.
Before I begin my review, let me just say that I use Trip Advisor extensively - especially to research hotels. I believe one of the most useful tools in Advisor are not the good reviews of the different hotels but the criticisms and issues that different travelers like me might have with a facility. Certainly some harsh words may sometimes be a singular experience or an isolated event for a hotel. But I find that by reading Trip Advisor you can really get a feel for trends for the hotel you are looking at.
Having said that, when I booked at Tour des Voyageurs, I did see that there were more than a fair amount of poor reviews. This was worrisome but I knew the location was excellent and the hotel did offer the proper amount of nights available (other resorts at Tremblant required longer stays to secure a reservation).
So onto the review.....yes, the location of the hotel was excellent. It is located at the base of the village with easy access to the Cabriolet which is the mini lift that takes one to the base of the mountain. This lift literally is right outside the doors of the hotel - very handy if you have small children with lots of skiing gear.
Unfortunately, the location is about all that is good about this hotel. I have stayed at a variety of hotels from the W in Chicago to the Four Seasons in SF, to The Lodge at Yosemite Valley - the Tour des Voyageurs is by FAR one of the worst establishments I have ever stayed. Many of the reviews state that the hotel is old. It is definitely that - very beat up looking lobby and furniture and baths in the units are worn. The unit we stayed in wasn't dirty as many other reviews stated. The unit was very dark - dim - lighting was terrible. It was one of the darkest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. To me, when it's very dark, it just seems dirty and unkept.
The major problem we had was the noise. Yes, we stayed during New Years. Yes, I understand how it is a time for revelry and good times. But I will say it seemed like the entire hotel was filled with 20 year olds. It was like a convention of delinquents. When I asked the front desk about the noise level, the clerk stated that they were surprised by the hordes of "young people". Many of these patrons appeared to rent rooms and then tried to cram as many people as they could into the units. The noise level in hallways and public areas was terrible. Worst I have ever seen.
If the reader takes anything away from this review, you should absolutely avoid at all costs staying in room 131. This was our room, right next door to a stairwell which led to the outside of the hotel. The noise in the stairwell was awful - not uncommon for noise to be high until 3 am. Apparently many of the other guests were smoking outside and used the stairs to access the outside. There was screaming, yelling, stomping down the stairs literally at all hours.
I recognize that the hotel has limited control over who books rooms and the fact that the stairwell transmits all that noise into the room. Obviously the price point of this hotel was too low to keep juvenile delinquents from staying. Also, if anyone from the hotel reads this, room 131 should absolutely be a discounted room (like a discounted seat at a concert due to obstructed view). I did not sleep well a single night I was there. If management is not aware of the noise problem in 131, then they have a serious problem.
I will never return to this hotel and I strongly caution anyone considering booking here. If the rates stay the same, I would definitely spend more to stay either at Homewood Suites or the Residence Inn. This hotel is loud, overpriced and caters to the wrong crowd. It's a shame given the great location.
Many of the negative reviews of this facility are spot on. Exercise caution when considering this hotel. Not good for families, not good for couples, not good for anyone.

Room Tip: DO NOT book any room near a stairwell. Do not stay in room 131. Likely one of the worst rooms on e...
3 Thank StLouisStork
Nathalie J, Responsable relations clients at Tour des Voyageurs, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear St louis st
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Its regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.Please feel free to contact me in the private message box so I can investigate this further .
Sincerely
Nathalie Juster
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This property offers the convenience of being located directly next to the cabriolet which will take you directly to the gondola at the base of Mont Tremblant's ski slopes. The rooms are okay but not nearly as nice as other properties in the village. The value is good. The studio room I was in had a fireplace that was not working. The bathroom was very tight. It was very difficult to open the door and exit the room without backing almost into the bathtub. The towels were old and worn. During my stay one had a fairly large visible hole and another was stained badly. The bed mattress was comfortable but they do not use fitted sheets so it could become a little uncomfortable if you move around while you sleep. The TV in the room had a decent mix of stations and plenty of music options but interestingly they did not offer ESPN. They property offers an outdoor hot tub and an indoor changing area adjacent to it. They have indoor heated parking below the property which is a good benefit. The room does not offer breakfast as some other properties do. My room also had a couch, table and chairs and a kitchen with a full refrigerator and dishwasher. All in all my stay here was pleasant and I would recommend this property for those looking for a low price option to stay in the village.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2013

When we went to check in it was noted that they made a mistake and did not have a room for the first night of our three night stay. The staff went out of their way to find a beautiful condo on the slopes at no cost to us, for the ENTIRE 3 days.

Staff were kind, courteous, went out of their way to accommodate us.

Was a wonderful experience. Thank you

1 Thank Janet W
Dear Janet

Thank you very much for your positive words.I hope that we will have the chance
to see you again very soon!!
Sincerely