“Spacious room, but uncomfortable sleeper”

Ermitage Du Lac Tremblant
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Miami, Florida
“Spacious room, but uncomfortable sleeper”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recently stayed with my husband and two kids for a few days of late season snowboarding. The hotel is in the pedestrian village, just a few steps from the gondola and the public parking. They ungraded our room from a studio to a one bedroom king suite. The room was spacious with a full kitchen and fireplace. The room was lovely. However, the sleeper sofa was so uncomfortable that my kids couldn't sleep in it. My daughter had to sleep on the sofa without open it and my son slept with us in the room. If I would stay there again, but I would ask for a two double-bed suite.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with a sleeper sofa.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dominique1197, Concierge at Ermitage Du Lac Tremblant, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Miamian5,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the size and look of the accommodations at l’Ermitage du Lac. It does however sound like a one bedroom suite with two queen beds or a two bedroom suite would indeed have better suited your needs. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly before your next visit and we will make sure that you receive the best possible option for your family. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Johanne, the assistant concierge was terrific. She was working all weekend with a very nice disposition (you can't fake that) and ready to help in any way we asked. Merci Johanne.

The condo we stayed in (a ground level 3 bdr) is getting warn; the carpets, patches on the walls, beat up kitchen presqu'ile, under stocked kitchen (for ex. no baking sheet), brutal t.v.

We have stayed here before and will again mostly because of the location and now the service is matching it's best attribute. Now it's time for a facelift.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Urbanskier,

Thank you for this wonderful review! We are delighted that the service you received lived up to your expectations. Johanne truly is a gem and I will make sure to share your positive feedback with her. Thank you for continuing to choose l’Ermitage du Lac.
Best regards,
New Amsterdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently returned from our ski vacation in Mont Tremblant and very much enjoyed this hotel. Some of the nicer features included friendly staff, a nice breakfast and the proximity to the village. The hotel is slightly removed from the pedestrian village so there was little outside noise to worry about.

The pedestrian gondola is a short walk away and the hotel's ski valet offered the convenience of retrieving our skis right at the lifts. We were just a little surprised to learn that our skis would not be returned to the hotel for us. We had to carry our skis back down the hill at the end of our trip. So "valet" may not be the best term for this service.

The room we selected was designated a King Deluxe room and was spacious enough for 2. The very small kitchenette was convenient but there were little means possible to wash the dishes. When I inquired about a dish rack or sponge, the front desk advised there was a wash cloth in our room and they don't offer any form of dish rack. If you plan to dine in, perhaps select the 1 bedroom suite as it has a dishwasher.

I really rely on a good hot tub at the end of a day skiing and was pleased with the location and landscaping of the pool area. My only complaint was that the hot tub could have been better maintained. The water was not hot enough and the level was low (and the water was a bit dirty). The built in seating was hard to use as it does not leave you submersed enough to stay out of the cold wind. Perhaps correcting the water level would resolve that?

Some of the deficiencies I read in other reviews were also noticed. The maid service is minimal, they were cheap with the toiletries (we were given very little), There were stains on the carpet in our room and it was not vacuumed once during our stay. We were not properly informed of the ski valet charges and they charge for parking and WiFi!

Overall I did enjoy my stay but am disappointed in the hotel as the same complaints have been noted many times over several years. The hotel manager writes a response but avoids addressing the real issues and just asks the traveller to come back. Before I consider returning to this hotel, I will need convincing that the hotel is listening to specific concerns and is taking steps to resolve. Until then, I would not classify this property as 4 star.

1 Thank Someone E
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We enjoyed a weekend of skiing on March 16/17 2013, which included a one night's stay at this hotel. We chose this hotel again after staying there in 2012 with no incident. It's true that the amenities are clean and fine for a one night stayover at the Tremblant village. Even this time, the room was clean. However, what shocked us the most was the rudeness of the staff. A couple of examples:
We arrived around 5pm after skiing all day and had to wait for the young receptionist to finish her personal phonecall on her cellphone before being greeted properly. When we challenged her on the extra charge for parking, she said "well all the hotels in the village charge parking so you have to pay"....charming.
After a rest in the room, we decided to use the hot-tub. There was only one bathrobe in the room, so we called down to the front desk, after about 15 rings, someone finally answered the phone to tell us that we could come down and change in the gym if we wanted to use the hottub. I asked her to have someone send a clean bathrobe up to the room and she said "I'm alone, there's nobody to come up, you have to come down". We went down and she said that housekeeping hadn't brought back clean bathrobes so we would have to make do with only one robe between the 2 of us.....no apology. Just told to use the towels in the gym......
The next morning, we went down for breakfast. The buffet was basic and the hot water for tea and oatmeal was not very hot. I asked the server if I could use the microwave in the kitchen to heat up my oatmeal and she said "no you can't, if you want a microwave, there's one in your room"......i guess I was expected to go 3 floors up to heat my oatmeal for 45 seconds?
Our experience this time was less than welcoming to say the least.
Next year, we will chose another hotel in the village. When I pay almost $300 a night, I think a bit of politeness should be expected no?????

1 Thank Lucy E
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is charming, with a great location, just a few steps away from the lifts and above the ice skating area (the Lac Miroir). Comfortable and large rooms with sitting area and kitchenette, cozy lobby, hot tub outside, complimentary breakfast, participating hotel to the winter's added values (first track, skate loans, tubing, etc.), underground parking. Highly recommended for travelling with the family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I recently traveled with my family for a March break ski trip; Location, hot tub, rooms, breakfast, everything was amazing. Unfortunately on the last day I called early in the morning to request a late check out and the person (male) who answered at the front desk was rude; it is not what you say it is how you say it !! It looked like he only knew hot to say No, no, no
This was the only spot of our trip as we had an excellent time and it was shocking to hear a rude person so early in the morning on our last day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dominique1197, Manager at Ermitage Du Lac Tremblant, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Diana G,

We are delighted that you chose to stay at L’Ermitage du Lac for March break. Although I am very glad you enjoyed your overall experience at our hotel, I am very sorry that you received unpleasant service on your last day. We continuously strive to offer our guests the best service, and therefore take your comment very seriously.
I thank you for sharing this review and hope that you will visit us again soon!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I booked for 2 nights in a Deluxe King Room which is supposed to be 550 sq. ft and looked huge in the pictures posted on the website. I initially was going to book the Traditional Queen Room (330sq. ft) which was $30 cheaper per night but I wanted the bigger room so went w/ the Deluxe King. However, when I checked in, I go into the room to find out that it's actually a smaller room that is not what I saw in the pictures. It had a king size bed but the room size and layout was similar to what the traditional queen room would have been...I don't know..might be little bigger, but definitely no the the huge corner room pictures I've seen. I called the front to ask about this as I was confused whether there were numerous Deluxe King and the front staff just kept on saying "IT's spring break, we are all full, yes it's spring break, we are very busy...I think i am full...oh yes i am all full..." I got it lady..just wanted a better explanation to what's going on..if i knew i had a room that's similar to traditional queen, i would have just went w/ the cheaper one. Just make sure you don't only go by what the website tells you..even though they said 550 sq. ft on the website when I booked it, I think you have to request for a corner room to get that I think.

Cons:
1. We didn't have a toilet paper..at all...empty roll...had to go downstairs to grab it..
2. No bathrobes
3. When we went to use the coffee maker...found out it wasn't cleaned from previous guests stay...still had bit of coffee left at bottom
4. weird stains on the ceiling ..and on the bed skirt
5. Shower curtains were too short for the actual tub
6. Old school TV
7. Found a hair pin under the sofa seat..which made me wonder if they clean the sofabed sheet

Pros:
1. Comfy mattress..not sure about sofa bed..didn't want to open it as it didn't look clean
2. Fireplace is a bonus on a cold day
3. Breakfast
4. Location
5. Ski/Board locker/valet service (although they didn't explain this to us)
6. Walking distance free parking (@ P1, P2 overnight)

Would I come back here? Only if the rooms were cheaper..but not worth it for over $200/night..had much better experience/service at Chateau Beauvallon for much cheaper. I think location was the biggest bonus with this one but I would search other options first.

1 Thank Gobstoppers8383
Dear Gobstoppers8383,

I sincerely appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience at L’Ermitage du Lac, though I regret not leaving you with a more positive impression. The housekeeping issues you mentioned are definitely not what we want our guests to experience. I will make a point to share them with our housekeeping supervisors to ensure that we offer all of our guests a better lodging experience. Nonetheless I was glad to read that you enjoyed the location and amenities available at the hotel.
I sincerely hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you better in the future.