“What a wonderful experience!!! Beautiful Hotel, World Class Service”

Le Sommet des Neiges
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Ottawa, Canada
“What a wonderful experience!!! Beautiful Hotel, World Class Service”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sommet Des Neiges the night of Sunday May 19th in a 2 bedroom unit with kitchen (#407). I have stayed at your hotel before, and every time have enjoyed my stay very much. Excellent value given the quality of the hotel and the price. Also so well located in the heart of the action, view of the mountain, close to all the best restaurants and shops.

This particular visit merits particular attention, because of the exceptional service from the hotel staff:

Upon leaving the hotel to return home on Monday May 20th, I accidentally drove off with my baby’s bassinet on the roof of my car. Obviously it fell to the ground and a passerby was kind enough to bring it to the hotel lobby. Patricia who works at the front desk remembered seeing my family leave (with our two young children) and took a chance and initiative to call my cell phone in the event the bassinet was ours. Unfortunately I only heard her message once we were back in Ottawa. I called her to confirm that the bassinet was indeed ours, and she took the time on the phone to assure me it was there and safe (it has enormous sentimental value) and that arrangements would be made the following day with housekeeping to have it sent back to Ottawa. A huge thanks to Patricia for the initiative she took to contact us about the bassinet.

The following day, I spoke to Nancy from housekeeping. Nancy and I discussed the most efficient way to ship the bassinet to Ottawa. She was terrifically helpful. One thing I have not mentioned is I had also forgotten my VISA card at the Petro Canada at Montée Ryan that same Monday while driving back to Ottawa (with 2 children I guess I was lacking sleep!). Nancy offered and arranged to have the VISA card picked up from the gas station and sent back with the bassinet. I could not believe this wonderful service!

The story does not end there. Mid last week my wife realized she had also forgotten a very beautiful necklace that she had received for the birth of our first child (also enormous sentimental value). She called the hotel and spoke to Patricia who had our room searched for the necklace. Well, as a testament to the quality and integrity of the Hotel staff, the necklace was found! I made arrangements (again) with Nancy from housekeeping to have the necklace safely returned to Ottawa, and it was promptly.

My wife and I both work in the service industry. The service that the Hotel staff provided us over the last week has been simply world class. We have a client base of over 400 people, and we will always make a point of recommending le Sommet des Neiges whenever the topic of Tremblant comes up. My family and I are booking another 4 night stay this summer.

Again, our deepest appreciation for the wonderful service the hotel and staff have provided us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear PAUL D
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review!We strive to offer the highest level of service,and it is greatly rewarding to read that you had such a good experienceat our property.We look forward to your next visit this summer , if you need any special request upon your arrival please feel free to contact me it will be by pleasure to assist you.
Nathalie Juster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Hello from Mont Tremblant in the off-season. We are enjoying the peace and quiet of late April early May here in unit 337 Sommet Des Neiges. Just finished a 2 hour bike ride to St. Jovite and back. 1 hour biking and 1 hour enjoying café au lait at Grain de Café. That's my kind of ride! Along the way we stopped at the Art Station to admire the local artists' works. They were outside painting in the sun. Charming! Giorgio is now sacked out on the couch. No phones. No noise of any kind. Peace and quiet. What a concept!! Last night we walked down Main Street in the resort and all we saw were 3 deer and 2 ducks. Love the ski resort in the off season. This unit has all the comforts of home plus great view and easy access to the slopes - exit from the master bedroom with your skis on :)

Room Tip: 337 is a corner unit with 3 bedrooms, 3 baths. View of the Flying Mile and bunny hill. Better than r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzie N
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Suzie

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your wonderful experience .Comment such as yours are very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Nathalie Juster
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Sommet Des Neiges was quite a surprise. We were completely satisfied with our stay.

Room amenities:
The room was pretty much an apartment, featuring a full kitchen, laundry, living area, and bedroom. There was even a balcony to look out at the village if we wanted. In-room wireless internet worked well but certain sites are restricted (e.g. Netflix). Soundproofing was excellent; there was absolutely no outside noise that could be heard.

Kitchen amenities:
All the basic necessities were supplied. All that was needed was for us to supply the food to cook with.

Bathroom amenities:
The bathroom was very spacious, with two points of access (bedroom and living area). What surprised me was that there was both a tub and shower combo as well as an individual shower stall.

Parking:
Parking can be found under the hotel. It doesn't look big from the outside but there were many spots available on this two-level parking area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We go to Tremblant every second year and always stay at the Sommet des neiges for it's location. But the best thing about the place is Suzanne the concierge, she is very helpful and went out of her way to please a few of my requests. Thank you Suzanne. Julie who lives in Australia now who used to work at the ski school...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear SNOWFALL-13

I am happy to read that you enjoy so much Le Sommet des Neiges and thank you for taking the time to share it. Rest a sure that your comments will be shared,see you soon !!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I rented the condo #335 for a weekend and we simply loved it. First of all, the location of the complex is great (right on the slopes) and it is very easy to have access to the restaurants and shops. The condo itself had amazing views of the mountain and was spacious, yet with a cozy feeling to it. The kitchen was well equiped and the bedrooms were very confortable, without mentionning the cleanliness of the unit, which was impeccable. I would also like to mention that the service from the staff very professionnal and friendly, which made our stay even more pleasant. I definetly recommend this unit at the Sommets des Neiges to anyone who wants to have a great time whether it is for a romantic getaway or a family trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AudreeC

Thank you very much for your positive words on the Sommet des Neiges and unit 335. It’s true that condo is well located and spacious for a one bedroom unit on two floors with a mountain view and a small terrace .I hope that you will choose Le Sommet des Neiges for your next visit to Tremblant.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We arrived on April 2nd and this would be our 2nd time to Tremblant this season. Our first was great and we stayed at elysium les eaux which we loved very much. So this time around I decided to try something different and booked a stay at Le Sommet for 3 bedroom suite to accomodate 10 people. Room was a little less modern than we expect but it was cozy, spacious, location was absolutely amazing and service was the best part (outstanding). I rarely give reviews but because we enjoyed our trip this time around so much that I felt obligated to express a few words. Even those who didnt ski loved this hotel and was able to watch all the action on the slopes right from the comfort of our room. Tremblant is definitely top notch for a ski resort and le sommet des neiges will be our choice of stay when we plan for next year. Oh btw if you choose to eat at one of the bar/restaurant in the village, choose bullseye, great food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Le Sommet des Neiges, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear ohbabybtk

I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Sommet des Neiges. Our team always does the most they can to make guests experiences happen. Thank you to had for your time and we hope to see you soon.
NATHALIE
Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I took my family skiing to Mt. Tremblant for the first time over Christmas. Since I never been there before, I came to Trip Advisor, and did my research. Le Sommet des Neiges came highly recommended, so we decided to stay here.

Le Sommet des Neiges is located at the top of the pedestrian village, and when you exit the hotel through the ski lockers, you are on the slopes. There is no need to walk up the hill through the village, or carry your skis, you are right there, on the snow. The location is amazing! If you are renting skis, you are also in luck, because ski rental is in the same building as the hotel. You could not ask for a better location on the mountain.

However, that is where my positive review of this hotel ends. The only thing the hotel has going for it is the location, and nothing else.

When we arrived at the hotel, we discovered that there was no bell staff. After checking in, we were instructed to park our car in the underground garage ($15/day parking fee), and use the carts in the garage to bring our luggage to the room. When we parked the car, I was unable to find a cart, and had to go back to the lobby to get one. The receptionist told me that I must bring the cart back to the lobby, because they needed it.

When we finally made it up to the room, another disappointment. Although the room was large (we booked a 1 bedroom suite) it was run down, with dirty carpets, peeling paint, and dust everywhere. I wonder if housekeeping ever wipes the surfaces in the room.

The room had a large king (maybe queen?) bed in the bedroom, and a convertible sofa in the living room. Since I have 2 teenage kids, a boy and a girl, it is not an option for me to put them in the same bed, so we opted for the optional cot ($50/night), that fit reasonably well next to the convertible sofa in the living room. With both beds open, there was not much room left in the living room, but we were still able to use the kitchen table, and the kitchen rather freely.

Although I requested the cot when I made the reservation, and told the receptionist that we need the cot, it was not in the room when we got there. When I tried calling the front desk, I did not get an answer, so I had to go down and request the cot again. When it finally made it up to the room, there was no bedding on it, and no extra bedding in the room. Back to the reception desk, where I was told that the bedding would make it up to our room eventually, which it did.

The rest of the stay was pleasant, except for occasional housekeeping issues. By the time our weeklong stay ended, we forgot all the hustles, and learned to ignore the dust, and the run-down room, and just focused on how incredible the location of this hotel was.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rivilis
Dear RIVILIS
I’m truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced upon your arrival. Please rest assured that I will review your comments regarding the housekeeping with our manager to ensure we take advantage of this improvement opportunity. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail please feel free to call me directly at the hotel.
SINCERELY