“A great place to stay in the heart of all the action!”

Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Dayton, Ohio
“A great place to stay in the heart of all the action!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

Wonderful place in the midst of a beautiful ski village! Downhill skiing is a minute walk to the lifts. Cross country skiing in Domaine Ste. Bernard is a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel in the most beautiful location around! Great restaurants as you walk through the village, you can take a gondola ride up the mountain to the casino and see a beautiful vista. About 2 hours away from the Montreal airport. Stay at least 3-4 nights for 2 full days of skiing, shopping, and checking out the beautiful natural surroundings!

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank adisabatino53

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
ONTARIO CANADA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Our family of four spent 2 nights at this location , always book Hilton when possible but probably not again at this location. Room was fine except fireplaces do not work and we booked two queens and then found two very small double beds . Usually I can sleep with one of my kids and my wife with our other , but not in these beds! The location is great , just don't bring to many bags because of the layout and steps you might encounter . We had arrived around 1:30 which is usually ok with Hilton's but were told no rooms until 4 so we went to eat and they took my cell # and said they would phone us after 4 hrs I returned to hotel and they said " oh I guess we forgot to phone you " the gentleman who was working never had a name tag on and did not explain anything about the hotel amenities . My first bad experience as a Hilton honors member! I would recommend hotel for location and size of suite , still had a great time in Mont Tremblant but look elsewhere for service.

Room Tip: Book village view and close to elevator to eliminate steps
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We are a family of four who went to Tremblant for a downhill and cross-country ski vacation Jan 2-6. We chose the hotel for several reasons: location (close to the downhill), the kitchenettes (with food allergies, we need to make some of our own), the name (for almost $400 per night before taxes and parking, we expected amazing service), the hot-tub. We booked a "1QN/1DBL FIRPLC STE NOSMOK" several months in advance.

On the plus-side: the kitchen was well-equipped, good-sized fridge; location was perfect for the downhill skiers; hot tub was AMAZING.

The rest: We had a lot of luggage, ski gear, groceries, etc. We thought we were lucky when we found a luggage cart, but then because of the bizarre design of the hotel, its usefulness was limited (stairs everywhere). When we got to our room, first we noticed some kind of air freshener/ozonator gizmo plugged in, whirring away in our kitchen. Then when I looked in the bedroom, there were two double beds, not one queen. So after all the hassle of getting everything to our room, I had to go back to the reception. They sent someone about an hour later to get rid of the gizmo. However, when I mentioned we had two doubles instead of a queen, I was appalled at the reaction. "Oh yes, that's an exception, you get three beds instead of two (as in, you get a bonus!). There's nothing else available." No "we're sorry", no advance notice, they just sent us to our room to deal with it. Very poor for a Hilton. She did say that maybe the next day we could switch rooms, but we were there to ski, not to spend our time packing & unpacking our stuff.

Anyway, that was a disappointment, I probably would've overlooked it. But with everything else, I got ticked off, considering this was a Hilton, and the price we were paying. For example: on our first full day, I was returning to my room around 3 p.m. and the room had not been cleaned yet. I saw a housekeeper in the lobby and asked when it would be done. She said something about being busy, but then I mentioned that the rest of us would be back within an hour (lifts close at 3:30, it doesn't take a genius to figure out people need their rooms by 4:00). So our room was done by 4, except the garbage wasn't emptied, and the coffee & dishwasher powder weren't refilled.

The next day, they didn't come until almost 3:30, when my son was there alone. He was caught off-guard, uncomfortable & said it was ok if they didn't make the room. We got there a few minutes later, called down & said, yes, we'd like the room cleaned and they said they'd be there before 5. So at 4:50, I called down & got the front desk. Asked if we would get service & she said all they had on record was that we refused service. After insisting that we at least needed towels and the garbage emptied (since it wasn't done the previous day), they sent a porter (who did a great job).

The big window in our living room did not close properly & there was a bad draft coming in (I had to stuff paper in it, and reported it to the front desk). At the hot tub, the towels ran out one afternoon. I went back later that evening and the towels had never been replenished. The breakfasts are pretty low quality - scrambled eggs, some sodium/nitrite-loaded meat, and the usual cereal, juices, etc. I only took advantage of the coffee. But on our last morning, I wanted to get some orange juice & milk for the four of us, so I brought up two pitchers that were in our room. One of the servers there VERY LOUDLY, embarrassingly, told me it wasn't allowed. I told her I wasn't filling them, I just needed a bit, and she said the only way was to use eight disposable cups. So much for the environment! And so much for class.

We were not allowed to bring our skis to our room and were given locks. Unfortunately, they are useless for cross-country skis (the XC skis slide out of the rack). We tried using them anyway, worried someone would steal our skis. On the last day, one of the locks went missing (stolen - I think maybe we didn't leave it locked). When I mentioned this at the desk, it was almost as if she was proud that we would pay an extra $30 for the "lost" lock. No sympathy whatsoever.

All in all, I just felt like we were imposing, I was not impressed, it did not feel like a Hilton. I will look for other suites next time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BibiOntario
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I've stayed at this property twice over the last year and a half. The rooms are HUGE. The location is AMAZING. You get up in the morning and look out the window to see the mountain and the slopes right at your feet. It is in the center of Mt. Tremblant. The gigantic outdoor hottub is AMAZING and we had tons of good times in there. The staff is ok. Not overly friendly or helpful, just ok, but the rest of the hotel and the location is unbeatable for Mt. Tremblant.

Room Tip: As for a room looking at the mountain- those are usually bigger. Ours had one of those beds you pull...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

Travelled with 4 kids (9,7,5,2)

Location: excellent, close to ski school and shops, food, etc
Space: tight, but still good
Service: pretty good

Overall: Breakfast had good variety (cereal, scrambled eggs, toast, bagel, yogurt, juice, coffee, muffins, etc). Managers special from 4-6pm featured chili, Mac n cheese, carrot soup, meat pies, and juice or coffee.

We flew on Porter and it was worth it. Very convenient shuttle takes you direct to the hotel from airport. They even load your things onto the shuttle from the airplane.

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank HoangCheng
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Great suites; hot tub outdoor; close to all skiing, shopping, skating, tubing! Friendly service!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank sjgervais
Algiers, Algeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

Stayed preseason (week before Xmas) and it was wonderful. Found a good rate (149CA) on Hilton's website, decent breakfeast and light supper (soup, mac and cheese, chips and salsa). Onsite dry sauna and hot tub (outside). Didn't see another hotel with these amenities for this price.Free Wifi. Parking $10 in garage or free in village. Firm bed, nice sheets. 2 minute walk to slopes. Stayed in studio w/kitchen -- big, deep bathtub (water right below my shoulders and I'm 5'6!) Housekeeper even did our dishes! Be sure to ask for a room of the lake view, we are overlooking a parking lot which is kinda lame. Super friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for lakeside room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple