“L'Equinoxe is for Relaxation”

Tremblant Sunstar Condominiums
Rockland Cnty, New York
“L'Equinoxe is for Relaxation”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Went to Mont Tremblant for a week on the family summer vacation and rented a unit from Sunstar in the L'Equinoxe section of this mountain resort.
Check-in was slightly delayed, but the staff was very warm and informative and the staff spoke English.
With a volume of outdoor activities in close proximity to this condo's location, the stay was fantastic. The condo was three floors and comfortably appointed.
No problems with any of the amenities, and the view from the infinity pool was fabulous - overlooks the valley.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
chateaubeauvallon, General Manager at Tremblant Sunstar Condominiums, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at L’Equinoxe via Tremblant Sunstar and for posting such a great review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that your experience was so positive and that you truly had a chance to take advantage of some of the wonderful activities available in Tremblant. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Paget Parish, Bermuda
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We just came back from two weeks in Equinoxe 164-3. The condo was lovely, with a fabulous view and spacious for the 6 of us.
Sunstar on the other hand was a pretty awful rental agency. When we checked in it was not at all made clear to us what was included in our price i.e. trapeze or beach access and, when we did find out these things were available, we were given tickets by Sunstar that expired before our holiday ended. Perhaps Sunstar would be out of pocket for the tickets we used so it was in their best interests not for us to have them.... just a guess.
There were several things wrong with our (otherwise lovely) accommodation and on the four occasions when we called Sunstar we were promised a return call within 10 mins. No-one ever called us back or apologised when we called later to follow up. (Sunstar said that the water running out of the fridge and all over the kitchen floor was just "what fridges do". Hmmmm.)
We would return to Tremblant in a heart beat but will be sure to rent through a different agency next time.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BermudaBunny
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share on Trip Advisor your experience regarding one of our Equinoxe condos. Your feedback is very important to us. I have forwarded your comments to my department heads and they have been acted upon. I am very sorry that you were not able to fully enjoy the complementary activities. I can assure you that it is in our best interest to issue the guests the tickets they are entitled too as it is one of the advantages of booking with Sunstar. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you in the future so that you may see the friendly yet professional service we offer.

Travelers are raving about these Mont Tremblant hotels

Detroit
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I recently had a wonderful long weekend in Mont Tremblant, staying at Le Plateau 210-1, part of the Tremblant Sunstar Condominiums. The village is enchanting, the resturants are superb including Coco Pazzo, La Petite Cachee and especially Ristorante e Cafe-Ital-Deli, and scenery is amazing. The condo location is wonderful and was very clean and well-maintained. Great spot to keep busy all day or do absolutely nothing!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having stayed in a Plateau condo via Tremblant Sunstar and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that your stay was a success and that you had the opportunity to experience some of the wonderful restaurants which Tremblant has to offer. I would like to thank you for the great comments on the quality of the accommodation and the cleanliness of the condo, we take great pride in offering our guest quality accommodation. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2010

If you plan to book a condo with Sunstar at Tremblant make sure you double check that the accomodations that you requested are the ones that you will be getting!! The management of this company is poorly organized and not well run. The accomodations were great but not for ski in / ski out!
There are plenty of issues at this resort that have to be resolved.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hunnybunny1
Ontario
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I just got back from a 3 night stay at Les Manoirs - Tremblant Sunstar condos in Mont Tremblant. I travelled with 5 other guys for a snowboard trip. First off, we loved the mountain and everything around it, secondly, the condo was way better than the pictures and reviews on this website and the official website! The Les Manoirs condo complex is actually comprised up of more than 10 separate condo buildings in alternating exterior colors (from the website, it looks like there is only 1 condo building.) We stayed in building 124, room 9 which was an end unit, which means our condo had a large 6 sided living room. Our condo had 2 bedrooms; a master with ensuite & jacuzzi, and another bedroom. In total we had 2 full bathrooms, which was perfect for 6 guys. A nice surprise was the programmable heated floors in the bathrooms. We had 2 tv's, one LCD in the living room, and one regular tube tv in the master bedroom. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the necessary cookware and tableware for the duration of the stay, as well as a dishwasher. The views were great from all sides. We saw deer almost every day and could watch the mountain from our bedrooms.

We only had 3 issues during our stay. The first being the lock on the storage room beside our condo for our snowboards did not lock. We contacted the front desk and they notified the owners/managers. We were immediately contacted by them and told that a locksmith would be coming the next day to fix it. We just avoided the problem and kept our snowboards in the foyer. The second issue was the free shuttle. The schedule provided by the front desk was not followed by the shuttles. The shuttle serves all the Sunstar properties so some deviation from the schedule was expected. We ended up walking to the gondola the first day (15 minutes). Waiting 30 minutes in the morning for the 7:15am shuttle in -20 degree weather is not fun. Overall, the free shuttle was handy and a great addition to the Les Manoirs experience. It definitely beat walking up hill from the village after a long day of snowboarding. Lastly, the pull out bed was necessary for our 6 person sleeping requirement. The pull out bed frame was in very poor shape and the mattress wasn't much better. We ended up pulling the matress off and having someone sleep on the mattress on the floor, and the other person sleep on the couch. This worked ok, but was somewhat disappointing.

In the end, staying 2 minutes from the village is totally worth it. The bang for your buck is incredible. I would most certainly recommend Les Manoirs to anyone who is looking to stay at Mont Tremblant. A large condo with full kitchen, lots of room, free shuttle and incredible views.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank JKing2010
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Stayed at "Le Plateau" for 4 days over New Years. There were 5 of us (Senior + 2 teenagers), sharing a 2 BR condo.

The good:
1) Perfect location for ski-in, ski-out. Trail is literally at the back of the building.
2) In addition to the 2BR, there is a large living LR, DR, etc. Very comfortable for 5 of us. Everything one expects in a fully equiped condo was there.
3) 10 minute walk, or easy and convenient shuttle bus ride to the village. Looks far from the action on a map, but is really easy to get around once you figure out the systems.
4) Great outdoor skating rink 30 seconds away where there always seemed to be a hockey game for the kids to join.

The bad:
1) Upon arrival our parking spot was not available. Other units parked hap-hazardly, and there was no room to squish into our already tiny spot. Repeatedly called reception and knocked on doors until we finally got a neighbour to move. This exercise took about an hour, and certainly not a good first impression upon arrival.
2) Mattress on pull-out couch was is desparate need of replacement.
3) With a senior in our group, the outdoor stair climb to our 2nd floor unit was a real hazard in the ice/snow. Our repeated calls to reception for salt / shovel / anything brought zero action. We ended up purchasing our own salt and were seriously looking at buying our own shovel, but thoses stores were closed due to New Years holidays.

When paying close to $500/night (ultra prime season), I would really expect not to have to deal with these service issues. Other than that, clean, comfortable and well located!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
montreal, quebec, canada
Reviewed December 12, 2009

My husband & I have travelled extensively and try to be fair in our evaluations of our lodgings. At the end of July 2009 we booked 3 nights at Les Manoirs for a 3-bedroom condominium with 2 other couples. This was our annual hiking and get together weekend. We arrived in the evening in the darkness and had a heck of a time finding the path leading to the condominium. There were no signs or lighting indicating where the path was hidden up the street in the trees. The unit itself was clean and comfortable. The wifi did not work at it took several calls to reception before someone finally came to fix it late the next day. One of the pools was also closed, at the height of summer, with no indication of when it would reopen. The pièce de resistance came on our second day. It was raining and we decided to spend the day at the condo but needed to get some supplies. While trying to negotiate the narrow (rock and grass) pathway to get to our car I slipped and broke my ankle. I was rushed to the hospital by my husband and friends. I was hospitalized for a week before having surgery to repair the injuries I had sustained. I called Les Manoirs from the hospital to tell them about the accident and asked them to have someone assess the lighting and entranceway to this unit. We did not hear any more and the next day I called back to be told that someone had passed by but had found nothing wrong. They had made no attempt to contact anyone at our condo to advise us of the rationale for these finding.

I have incurred many expenses due to this injury including physiotherapy, medical equipment, and transport costs to and from work during the time I could not walk. To this day 4 months later I am still in pain and will probably have a permanent limp. I wrote a letter to the admnistration of Les Manoirs explaining my experience. I heard from a representative about 3 weeks later. I asked that the signage and lighting be improved for this unit to avoid future problems and that the administration be more proactive, responsive and representative of a 4-star resort. He offered me a weekend (2 nights) in a similar unit and said he would bring up my points at the next owners meeting. I asked that they give us 3 nights free since we had lost our weekend and I had suffered so much. This conversation was in September and despite e-mails and telephone messages I have not heard back from them. I am not an unreasonable person but I do expect a certain level of responsiveness and professionalism especially from an establishment that prides itself on being a 4-star hotel. All I can say is it would probably be better if people stayed away from this establishment unless they are willing to do so at their own risk.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends