“Le Plateau 218-1”

Tremblant Sunstar Condominiums
“Le Plateau 218-1”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked very last minute and got this 2 bedroom plus pullout couch for @$200/night. For a family of 4, with 2 teenaged boys we were very happy as it was spacious, clean & well equipped. Check in at Chateau Beauvallon was simple & easy.

However, the place is pretty worn & dated - uncomfortable sofabed couch to sit on, broken tiles in the ensuite bathroom & a showerhead that sprayed water all over the place - its very much in need of a reno.

Located at the far end of Le Domain de la Foret, its about a 20 minute walk to the village but shuttle service runs every 30 mins. Loved being able to ski to lift in the morning from our back door! On the whole, would rent a Sunstar condo again but look for a newer one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a superb four days at L'Equinoxe. From the moment we checked in the service was excellent. We were given our welcome envelope with everything we needed, including our lift tickets - one stop. The facilities are excellent from the underground parking, ski locker, ski in, ski out and spotless unit. Highly recommend this to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy their friends and family with minimal effort!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Wellesley, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was a lovely property offering what seems the best ski-in, ski-out situation that I could see. The condo was clean, well appointed and had a lovely view. Though away from the village, it was a short walk down the hill into town and a simple taxi ride ($10 with tip) back after a few drinks with dinner.

Some of the equipment could use some updating - the tv (which we did not use) is an only one, the dishwasher was a wrestling match everytime it was opened - but these are small problems.

I will book again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Les Eaux condos are located on a opposite slope of the valey, so they have a beautiful overview of the Mt Tremblant. The accomodation is very good and is in range of one- to multiple bedrooms. The location is serviced by shuttle busse for convenient access to ski slopes. Even in the brutal low temperatures in low -30 Celsius, the condos and spas are very nice even for the most spoiled customers. Welcomed are also the internet access, washing/drying machines, equipment storage room and a general timely access to any houskeeping requests. For sure looking forward to the next year again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Helena F
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We booked 6 nights in a condo unit in feb. Upon arival at the resort we spent the better part of an hour looking for the check in location for the condo units, so at that point we were allready on edge. We finally checked quickly which we thought was great, we were given a code number for our door entrance and told that was all we needed to enter our condo. After the 5 min drive to the condo and much searching we came to the conclusion that we actually did need a key to enter the building. So we called reception and they had a person bring the key, due to the fact it was late and I needed to get my kids to bed I asked the person to wait while I tried the key. Yes the entrance key worked, I then tried the key for out outside ski locker and it did not work, Now this is where I lose it, the person sugests I call the front desk and get that sorted out, WHAT did you say I asked! I very stongly sugested that he may want to take care of that issue for me, he left and now I'm in full on upset mood, welcome to my vacation, but wait it gets better, so the desk calls the room and tells my wife we can't find your locker keys but the ones we gave you work for another units locker so use that one, ok that fine. Thanks.. But then after I get settled I think hang on how are we going to deal we this tommorow. My kids wife and I all need to be able to access our room and ski locker. I need more keys! So I call back and they tell me they have no keys available at all and that a manager will contact me tommorow, I asked when? They said they didn't know, like its the cable guy.. Hang on here people I have paid what too me is a huge amount of money to ski this week, you expect me to wait around for you to come by and fix this mess,

So there it is at this point. What can I do?? Write this review I guess is my only option.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank KiteTripper

Travelers are raving about these Mont Tremblant hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Disappointing for the price -$518 taxes in for Friday and Saturday night. Pros - ski-in, ski-out. Cons- old unit with stinky carpet (and the couch didn't smell too good either). Antique TV with equally antique VHS player . Please, condo owners, spend $100 on a DVD player for heaven's sake! Kitchen was behind a broken folding door and consisted of a microwave, a toaster, a coffee machine, and a fridge in which our ice cream melted( in the "freezer" compartment). Oh, and after a long day of skiing, we got back to the condo and the entry code for the lock had been changed so we were locked out until we could find the phone # for the resort and use the last remaining juice in our cell phone to get it reset.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dominique7339
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at Le Plateau Mont Tremblant during the X'mas and we had wonderful experience. The resort is spacious. We had a 3-bdrm suite and the place is well-equipped. However, my friends' staying at same resort but different unit, theirs condition is a little worse. Due to the snow storm the first 2 days' shuttle was not on time or either cancelled. The ski-in and ski-out never really opened during our stay until Dec-26th. But overall, it's an excellent place for ski.

Room Tip: Look at each unit's lay-out some are good some are so-so.