“A very reasonable place at a reasonable price, good value, not fancy.”

Tremblant Sunstar Condominiums
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Stayed at Les Manoirs, 116-06. All the apartments are owned and furnished independently, and ours was a little dated, but completely adequate for a family of with 3 teenagers. Very clean, plenty of heat and hot water, adequately equipped kitchen, etc.
I've stayed in places with granite countertops and heated floors, but for 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms 5 mins from the slopes, in prime President's Week, it was a STEAL. Could easily have spent $200 a night more for something fancier, but if I owned a holiday house, it would look like this. Nice and Quiet!
Cons... Would replace the mattresses. Could use a few pictures on the walls. No wifi. (would have been useful for finding restaurant reviews etc)
The shuttle to the slopes was a iffy timing wise. Luckily it was mild . The last day we drove our minivan to the (free) main lot to do the "First Tracks" (hit the Gondola 0745, beat the crowd, best skiing all week!) and it was actually more convenient than waiting for the free shuttle, with about a hundred yard walk. Bring snow-tires!

• Stayed: February 2012
chateaubeauvallon, General Manager at Tremblant Sunstar Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having stayed at Les Manoirs via Tremblant Sunstar for your recent trip. We have great specials on our website, for example book early promo or last minute offers. I have taken note to your comments on the condo and I informed the house manager who will discuss with the owner (as all our homes are privately owned).
Sincerely, Françoise Reynier, General Manager

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed at La Clairiere #301 earlier this month and had a great family ski week-end. The location is perfect for ski-in ski-out which allowed us to go back to the condo for lunch. We have stayed at the La Clairiere Units a number of times and have always been pleased. We were with another family and there was ample space for 4 adults and 5 kids.

1  Thank Ian H

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your continued confidence in our Clairiere Tremblant Sunstar condos. I am pleased that your stay was once again a success.
Sincerely, Françosie Reynier, General Manager.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I've been staying at ski condos across North America for over 25 years now, and this is the first time I've ever been really disappointed with customer service from a company managing a property. Some people were nice, and some weren't... but the upshot is that none of them seemed to own the responsinbility of solving the simple problems that arose.

We were at La Clairiere. The front desk people were great when we checked in--very helpful--but any issues that arose subsequently were handled poorly and basically ignored. The first problem was that we could not park at either of our two designated parking spots right outside our unit. This was because the tenants of the condo across from ours selfishly parked FIVE cars near their unit, three more than were allowed. So we called the office. The basic response we got from three different people was "It's not our problem." Because the unit that was abusing the parking was not a Sunstar unit, the Sunstar people said that there was nothing we could do. When I told them this was unacceptable, I was told that I could "park at P2" (a parking lot a HALF-MILE away)... or that I could "knock on doors" to try to figure out who was in the way and to get them to move.... or that I could try to figure out who to call to get cars towed. When I suggested that I was the guest and that THEY should handle the problem, one of the staff--Monsieur Rousseau (sp.?) got huffy about it. I finally called back, and someone else finally agreed to have the cars towed.... but that never happened. I finally had to confront the unit owners myself and ask them--twice--to move their cars.

The previous tenants had left garbage in our ski lockers--so much so that they were not usable. Again, we called the front desk. M. Rousseau was puzzled but said he would notify housekeeping to remove the garbage. He didn't. I finally bumped into the head of housekeeping much later the next day, and she said that no one had told her. She was also apologetic about the unit's lack of cleanliness--there were dirty dishes in the cupboards--but lamented the fact that any guest concerns were supposed to go through the front office instead of directly to her.

Strike three came on our last day. It had snowed significantly, and naturally no one had shoveled our stairs.... or even left a shovel for us to do it ourselves. So I slipped while lugging suitcases and strained a back muscle.

With that context, here is a general overview of our stay:
--Positives: Unit was a good size for the money. It's a not difficult 15-minute walk to the very charming village at the base. There's a shuttle service, but we didn't find it necessary. The beds and pillows were good. Ski-in ski-out is not great but not impossible.
--Negatives: Poor customer service, particularly in response to issues that arose. No daily housekeeping, and unit cleanliness was an issue. Ski in ski out was just so-so: Our unit was a good 80 yards away from the nearest trail, and that trail was a winding, sometimes flat trail that was a bit of a pain to reach. It would not be a good option for beginning skiers.

We definitely would go back to Tremblant--really enjoyed the village, the food, the French culture, and the easy trip up from the Montreal airport. But I would go with another condo management company--one that understands Customer Service 101.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this condo complex, I would suggest getting a unit that is much closer to the tr...
3  Thank tunemeister

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. I am very sorry about the level of service that you received this is really not up to our standards. I have asked our Operations Manager to contact you regarding your trip. I am glad that you enjoyed Tremblant.
Sincerely, Francoise Reynier - General Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We recently stayed in the Tremblant Les Eaux 229.4 condos and we had an absolutely fantastic time! I was booking the trip for 12 people and I assumed we'd have at least a few problems throughout the weekend since we booked everything online. But the trip went extremely well and we didn't have a single problem. The staff were friendly, extremely helpful with everything and the condo was beautiful and very well kept. Everything was exactly as it was shown in the pictures. It was a ton of fun, for an amazing price. We will DEFINITELY be going back next year.

Room Tip: Tremblant Les Eaux 229.4 is HUGE and very cozy and comfy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear guest,
thank you for sharing such a positive review regarding your recent stay at Tremblant Les Eaux (via Tremblant Sunstar). It will be my pleasure to pass on your comments to our staff. I am happy that you were able to get a great rate and that the condo was up to your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the next future.
Sincerely, Françoise Reynier, General Manager.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We vacationed at Mont Tremblant over President's Day weekend and had a memorable stay at the Le Plateau condominiums. Check-in was easy and the condo was ready for us early. As it was our first time to this area, the desk staff were very courteous with helpful tips and directions. The condo was clean and had two bedrooms with a jacuzzi tub off the master bedroom. The ski-in/ski-out feature of the condo was appreciated, but it wasn't so simple. That said, the shuttle to the pedestrian village / gondola was very easy and comfortable. Staying on the property gave us access to free skate rentals so we went skating, and we went tubing one evening - my youngest son enjoyed riding the "GT Racer." We were so busy we never got over to the AquaClub, but it looked fun too. We had a great vacation and plan to return. We will recommend this property to our friends.

Dear Guest,
I am very pleased that your recent stay at our Tremblant Sunstar Plateau Complex was a success. We are very pround to offer the best complementary amenities to our guests (like skating, first tracks, aquaclub...). We hope to great you in the near future.
Sincerely, Françoise Reynier, General Manager.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed for a weekend at Tremblant Lex Eaux.

Fantastic unit. Close to the village. Was nice to have the shuttle to take us to the village and even when we wanted to go early, the shuttle was on call. There was ample sleeping room for everyone. Some of our group skied and made use of the wonderful first track passes. Others who didn't loved the other free activities. Our only complaint is we didn't have enough time to do everything we wanted to! Overall a fantastic weekend and we're already planning a return!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
chateaubeauvallon, General Manager at Tremblant Sunstar Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Tremblant Les Eaux via Tremblant Sunstar for your recent stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your winter experience at our condos. We look forward to greeting you again in the near future.

Sincerely, Françoise Reynier, General Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2012

The condo we stayed in was perfectly nice, however what made this trip was the staff at the Chateau Beauvallon who checked us in. Nothing was too much trouble - they helped us with grocery shopping and with trips to and from the village. I unfortunately can't remember the names of the individuals, but the gentleman on reception on the afternoon of January 19th 2012 was fantastic, as was the valet on the 19th and on Sunday 22nd. I would definitely book with this company again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others regarding your recent stay at our Tremblant Sunstar condos. We take great pride in offering exceptional customer service and I am very pleased with the level of service which you received. I will be sure to pass along your great comments. We look forward to your return.

Françoise Reynier - General Manager