“Come hungry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Savoie

La Savoie
Ranked #14 of 149 Restaurants in Mont Tremblant
Cuisines: French, Swiss, European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“Come hungry!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had the pleasure of eating here with my wife for her birthday. We spent the weekend at Mont Tremblant and were looking for reservations on Saturday. La Savoie has two seatings on Saturdays, and we opted for the later one (at 8:00).

My only complaint is that I did not see the racelette options on the menu, however this may very well have been my oversight. These were our options:

- Raclette cheese - a slice off of a wheel, angled at 45 degrees, with a heating element placed above the cheese so that it slowly melts off onto a plate place below
- A variety of fondue - cheese, oil, boiled broth, boiled red wine
- Real raclette - with the small raclette grill and all the accompaniments (while I didn't find this on my menu, the couple beside us ordered it after we had been served)

We chose the cheese fondue, served with meats, vegetables, and of course the cubed bread. Having eaten a significant amount of fondue in my life, I found the meal strange at first. The fondue itself seemed to consist of thick cheese on the bottom, with a top layer that seemed very thin and liquid-like.The taste was phenomenal, but it was difficult to get cheese to stick to anything dipped in.

Fast forward 20 - 30 minutes, and it had cooked down into a giant bowl of cheesy goodness. While we couldn't manage to finish the cheese, we left quite satisfied.

Great wine selection, fantastic atmosphere, but remember, this place sells lots of cheese - you may wind up smelling like cheese on your way out!

• Visited October 2012

Montreal, Canada
“Good meal”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nice restaurant for fondue or raclette. small but cozy - friendly staff. we had the cheese fondue as an appetizer and red wine fondue for main dish. the red meat was excellent.

Visited September 2012
Granby, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you like cheese!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

...Because you might smell cheese when u get out of there! It smells!

We went there for dinner on thursday and it was our first time, the Raclette is like the one I got served in Switzerland, the athmosphere is very nice, It's in Old Tremblant,

You must reserve, because they do 2 settings I beleive!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Maria L
Montreal, Quebec
“Good european dining”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great choices for Raclette and Cheese fondue. Food is plentyfull and tasty and service is good.
Don't expect plush surroundings: 'rustic' wooden chairs and 'group' tables.

Visited September 2012
“Typical Tremblant”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This restaurant is typical of restaurants at Mont Tremblant...average food for overly high prices. We ordered the cheese fondue for 2 with vegetables and meat. The meat portion consisted of only 3 small slices of salami, 2 slices of grison, and maybe 3 thin slices of prosciutto. There were plenty of vegetables, potatoes and dried bread. However for $40 per person it is way overpriced. A 750 ml bottle of San Pellegrino is $8.50! The service was just ok since she never offered us drinks after our first ones were gone and we had to use the same plates for our main course that we used for our salads. However there are no restaurants with good service on the mountain and everything is way too expensive for the quality you get, so I guess this place fits right in.