“great place, disappointing check in”

La Place St-Bernard - Les Suites Tremblant
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Toronto, Canada
“great place, disappointing check in”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a good place to stay if you like to have close access to lifts, and cook your own meals. Very comfortable for a family. Unfortunately, the check in process was TERRIBLE!! We arrived early, and were permitted to park and ride for the day, which was nice. The last lift runs at 3:30. The rooms are said to be ready at 4pm. Apparently, the room had to be checked by a supervisor. A very slow moving supervisor, I guess. By 5 pm, we finally had our room, but that being told "it will be ready any minute now" several times. Had we known it would be an hour, we could have gone and done something else, but there we waited in the lobby with many other families. Neither of the staff would call you when a room came up. You had to keep going up and asking if it was ready now. Again and again. They don't give you an hour's grace on checking out, so why is this acceptable?

Included in our package was access to after hours sliding, and a pool facility. The sliding was closed two of our four days and the pool closed early those same days. They were charging peak rates per night, I think they should have extended some gesture of courtesy for not-peak-performance.

The keys would demagnetize over and over again. Apparently, you can't keep the key near your cell phone. Or your car fob. Or your credit cards. Or anything else marginally magnetic. The man at the desk said "you can keep coming back as often as you need!" Or here's an idea -they should figure out a less fragile system.

We enjoyed our time at Tremblant, but these hiccups made it less great.

Room Tip: Johansson building 3rd floor rooms have walk out, which is very convenient if one of you goes in ear...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank J S
Nathalie J, Responsable relations clients at La Place St-Bernard - Les Suites Tremblant, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear JS

Thank you for your feed back!we apologize that the front desk was unable to provide the service that you expected. It is true that the location is amazing and I will make sure to share your comment with the management.
NathalieJuster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

This was our second trip to mont Tremblant. We stayed at Homewoods the first time. The price of St-Bernard was unbeatable (I think we got very lucky), but here are the highlights: great location, right at the base by the lift, easy access to everything, no breakfast as was provided by Homewoods, the ski lockers were all taken so we ended up bringing our skis to the unit which wasn't ideal, the Homewoods had a much better facility for storing equipment and also provided ski locks that we used on the mountain plus it gave us an option to leave our skis outside but locked. St-Bernard did not have these options, but non the less it was still very good and the location and the price could not be beat. Mont Tremblant is my favorite ski destination on the east coast. We'll be back!!

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Dudetka
Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Arrived on boxing day , for a 5 night stay. Check in went smooth and quickly. We choose the under ground parking option for $14 /day , which was nice as the temperatures were in the -15C range. We got a one bedroom loft for five of us and it worked well. Parents got the main floor bedroom, adult son and girlfriend took the loft, and teenage son got pull out couch. There was plenty of room for everyone. It is really a condo. Full kitchen, stocked with cutlery, pots, dishes, glasses, microwave, fridge ,stove, dishwasher. The living room had a wood burning fireplace, couch and 2 arm chairs. The living room also has a small balcony you can walk out onto. Since this was a loft suite , the living room was open to the 2nd floor. The suite also has 2 full bathrooms, one on the main floor and one on the second. Maid service is hit or miss, when they did stop in, all they really did was give new towels, and make the beds, It really made no difference to me. The room was quiet, and we never really heard other people. Ski lockers were right outside the lobby exit and very close to the chairlifts. It was expensive to stay here at Christmas, probably triple what you would pay at any other time of the year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank brenp23
Nathalie J, Responsable relations clients at La Place St-Bernard - Les Suites Tremblant, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Brenp23

Im sincerely thankful for your review and good word and I hope you will due us the pleasure
being back in a very near future.Happy New year!
Nathalie Juster
Blue Point, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 5 days away including Christmas in the heart of the pedestrian village of Mont Tremblant. We couldn't have been closer to skiing or the village than staying in the St. Bernard. The condo included everything needed for our stay including a small decorated Christmas tree. Wood burning fireplace, beautiful baths, large dinning room table and large comfortable couches made us all feel like we were home for the holiday.
The gondola is 200 feet from your front door and rentals are even closer. Our whole family had a great vacation.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hiho34
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We arrive to check in... they want to charge me more than twice the price I reserve for. I show her my bills on my cell, so she call the ''tower'' (the place who manege the reservation I guess) and they told her the rigth price... but it wasn't the right price again... so she call again... so our trip start bad. We arrive to our room... we have the wi-fi include... but they didn't give me the wi-fi code to acces it... so I call back... they give it to me... but it's doesnt work... they experiencing issue with it (that I can understand). We found the acces card of the last guest on the floor rigth at the botom of the bed... (so we aren't sure how well the room was clean... ok it's juste a card she was a little under the tv... so mayby they didn't saw it...) we were on the second floor of the Johanson North... first we pass by the johanson North door... the in the evening when we want to go back to a room for pick something up... we can't pass by there the door is lock... so we call the reception... they open the door for us (both of our card didn't work... just at that door) so we try all the time to come in by the door of the Johanson South... and avoid the door of the johanson north... For the room... We were surprise... we open the door to find to other door... yes we share a space with the next room... not plesant at all... we hear them come in and out... the didnt close the commune door... so when we open our door we dosent have place to move and close our door... it's was kind weird at first... As an interior designer I don't understand it... in the room... we had one foot of space between the bed and the tv... so not really funny to move around the room. but we had fun... we just are in the room for sleep no??... when we check out... the receptionist said that I still have money to give her... are you kidding me... we fix that when I check in... so she remember... oh sorry i forgot to make a note in you folder... but she cannot change the systeme... our superior will be there just in an hour to make the change... when our superior will have fixe it... she will send me my receipt by e-mail and give me back my 100$ deposit... so we go with a receipt we said I have a balance... it's 3 days... know... I didn't received the receipt and the 100$ is still missing from my account... I try to call... but the reception of the saint-bernard is close on the week... and the tower transfer me to an unvalid number... so I don't know how long it will takes to me to have my money back... how many phone call i will make... but I'm really disapointed.... all that have bring a black cloud on my second wedding anniversary...and it was really hot in the loby... in the room to it was kind of over heat... and we are unable to make the A/C works. Also in the bathroom the ventillation is really noisy but didn't work proprely..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mcyr2013
Nathalie J, Responsable relations clients at La Place St-Bernard - Les Suites Tremblant, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear mcyr2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I a sorry to hear of your experience and apologize that ther was no follow up on such important matter. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly.PLEASE CONTACT ME IN PERSONNAL MESSAGE.
Rest a sure that i WILL INFORM THE MANAGER ABOUT YOUR SITUATION.
Nathalie Juster
canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked a 1 bedroom suite with a budwar witch i paid more than a suite that has no budwar because i really need. I paid 200$ for this. When i arrived surprise surprise no budwar just a mezzanine. When i complained to the front desk they told me that the budwar was not guarantee but when you book you buy exactley a suite/budwar room. They never did anything for us saying over and over that it was not guarantee. Like if it was a demand, but i paid for this room. And this night there was a big party in the hotel and could'nt sleep until 4 AM. What a nighmare. Just be advise that your room time is not gurantee. I used to go there once a year but this is the end for this hotel anyway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank koala000
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Johannsen hotel in Mont Tremblant. This was a mini "girls" vacation which I took with my friends. We had a great time. The room was located right in the middle of the pedestrian village and overlooked the main square so lots of activity and entertainment and a wonderful view of the mountain. The room was a one bedroom with two queen beds and was spacious with a little kitchenette and large bathroom. We ate out for dinner most of the time (great variety of restaurants to choose from in the pedestrian village), but the well-equipped kitchenette allowed us to eat-in for breakfast and lunch. The room was clean, plenty of towels and linens and the hotel was tastefully decorated. With lots of activities to choose from, we spent our three days at Tremblant visiting the Nordic Spa (Scandinave), hiking and taking the cable car up the side of the mountain. I would recommend the hotel. It is affordable, well located and clean. Definitely worth the visit. We've decided this will be our annual vacation spot. Can't wait to return next year!

Room Tip: If you prefer something quieter, ask for a room that isn't overlooking the main square in the pe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends