“Location Location Location”
Review of Place St-Bernard

Place St-Bernard
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom plus loft for six nights. Great location. Well appointed unit with everything you would expect in a 4 star suite hotel. Parking is bit of an issue if you have an an SUV with a roof box, but that's the case with most hotels. Getting your luggage to your room is a challenge if you can't get in the parking garage as there is no drive up to the font lobby. Having said this, we will definitely stay here again.

Others have complained of noise from party goers in the streets below. The s problem if you leave your windows or balcony doors open. The windows are very soundproof. Close your windows and balcony door and you will not hear a sound.

Very nice clean suite and the location is second to none in the village.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Place St-Bernard, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

DearCapeislander63
Thank you for taking the time to write on line your experience to our hotel.We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the location lived up to your expectations. We looked forward to your next visit!!
Nathalie Juster

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was our second trip to Mont-Tremblant and we stayed for 3 nights with 2 couples. From the time we got there until the time we left the staff was excellent, very friendly and patient. They explained everything to us, gave us maps and wrote all the start and end times of each activity. We stayed on the "Deslauriers" side which is the South side, a little further to the hill and closer to the bars.

The location was perfect for us, we could drive to the "check in" area and then easily park our vehicle to the parking garage with no issues. To our surprise there was plenty of luggage carry carts available and it went smoothly. Its right in the heart of the pedestrian village so a two minute walk to the bottom of the hill and seconds away from all the shops/restaurants and bars.

Our room was very clean and looked very modern. Had a cozy feel to it. The patio faced the south side of the village so when we stepped out we could see all the bars. (We could also hear them at night). We had the two bedroom Suite and they each had an attached bathroom which was very nice. The website didn’t advertise that so it was a bonus!

If your it’s your first time to a “Tremblant” resort you probably don’t know that you are not allowed to bring ski’s/snowboard up to the room and need to store them in the lobby.(we had no idea) The storage room is secure(Needs a hotel key to get in) and has plenty of lockers. They will give you a padlock with a 25$ deposit. Next time I will bring my own.

The only negative we had about this hotel was that at night since our room faced the South side with all the bars we could hear the music like it was being played in our room. The bass was way too loud and we had to turn on the bathroom fan to block the sound... I’m sure we could have complained and they would have moved us rooms, but we sucked it up.

Overall I would reccoment this to anyone looking fo an affordable trip to Tremblant. The location is perfect and the room is top notch for what you pay for. I will be going again.

Room Tip: Deslauriers side is the "South" side of the hotel so its closer to the bars. If you want a...
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to Place Saint-Bernard for 1st family vacation (12 of us). 2 grandparents, great uncle and aunt, 4 parents, 4 kids (ages 1-4). Place Saint Bernard was situated right in the village (perfect location, walking distance to everything) near the base of the hill where the Gondola is to take you up the mountain to ski. The hotel was quite clean, rooms were spacious (we had a 1 bedroom suite, my brother had a 1 bedroom suite with loft, grandparents and great uncle and aunt had 1 bedroom suite). All had full kitchens, full bathroom, living area, some rooms had balconies. It was comfortable, had all we needed for all ages. We requested a high chair and pack and play for the youngest one. The only complaint I had about this place was the size of the pack and play wasn't very big (not a big deal) and the high chair was a disgusting mess. It seemed it hadn't been cleaned at all, however we wiped it down and it got it's use. Otherwise, the place was great. The check-in was quick, info provided to us for things to do while we were there and coupons for shops and services. Parking is free in the main lot which is a little hike (going back up to the hotel) or $12 per night underground parking. Obviously, this is Tremblant so there was lots to do and see (skiing, skating, tubing, restaurants, shops, enterainment in the main square at the base of the mountain near the gondola).

Room Tip: Depends on your needs but a room with a loft is very spacious. Otherwise, we had room 342 and were t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel is in a great location but be warned there is no one to help you with your luggage and the actual room may be quite a walk up the hill. The room was fine. We bought the room in a prepaid package and my friend had already paid for it. After I got back home I noticed the credit card that I had given them for incidentals had been charged again for the room for $400. The staff was crazy busy while we were there and mistakes can happen but more care should be taken to prevent these mistakes. I didn't even get receipt since we had no incidentals and I would have never known if I hadn't looked at my statement!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank thecla923
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Place St-Bernard, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear thecla
Thank you for your feedback I m truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced .Please don’t hesitated to call the hotel and speak with the manager. This level of detail is important for us so we can exactly know how we can improve for the future .
Nathalie

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed in Place Saint Bernard over Presidents Day week. The location can't be beat, right at the foot of the mountain and great views, well that depends of course which way your room is facing.
Our was a corner 1 br unit in Johansen building, and it was partially facing the street and partially main plaza, very nice if you don't care about it being bit loud. We did not care about that at all so it was perfect,
we had a terrace and on Saturday nights they have disco on the plaza and we were able to dance right on our terrace.
Check in was fine, we arrived from New York at 10 am and we were able to get the room right away so that was convenient. Hotel has ski lockers free of charge they will provide a lock or just bring your own. Kitchen had all the plates, cups and what ever you might need to cook a full meal.
Now to the ugly part, this hotel is dirty. I am sorry but they need to do something about it, when we checked in the dishwasher was plain gross inside and toiled had poop all over it. The sink was backing up of course we only realized it after my husband started shaving so we asked for someone to come and check it out, we were out all day on the slopes and they did not do anything about it and maid just left the sink full of hair, toilet was still dirty and so is dishwasher.
Also they took all the dirty dishes neatly piled them into dishwasher but did not actually started it. So when I get back to my room around 4 pm and call the front desk to complain they inform me that they do not wash dishes (then why put them in dishwasher??!!) and they do not change sheets and only will make the bed if there is nothing on it. They did not even vacuum clean, the carpet was so dirty that white socks would turn into black sock in 5 minutes. I took some pictures of the bathroom to share as I find it totally gross. I am not sure if they clean this place at all, everything is dusty. I saw candy wrappers in hallways for days at a time and no one would pick them up, I wonder if they pay maid so little that they just don't care and I did tip the maid.
Another thing that was bothering me the room was bit cold, and it was not even that cold outside, we did use fireplace everyday, hotel sells logs for $3 a pop and we used the indoor garage for $12 a day. Garage is fine, spots are good size to fit an SUV.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pupsik
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Place St-Bernard, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear PUPSIK

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear of your experience and apologize that there was no follow up on such an important matter . Rest a sure that I will share your comments with the management team. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you . Please contact me in the private message so we may discuss this further.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were at Mt Tremblant for 3 nights and stayed at this hotel. We had 2 bedrooms and 1 loft which surprisingly had bathrooms for all the rooms. What a convenience as we had 3 couples in our group. The furnishings were a bit dated but they were well appointed, clean and served its purpose. We had everything we needed in the kitchen to cook and prepare breakfast/snacks/dinner. The location was very ideal as it was only a 5 minute walk to the Activity Center and right smack in the middle of everything. I read some reviews that say it was noisy. We didnt find it noisy at all even if our balcony was overlooking the main streets because I guess when we retired for bed we were too tired after a whole day of activities to even notice what was going on outside! The staff were efficient and service was, although not outstanding, we didnt have any complaints.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Place St-Bernard, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Jadhel174

Thank you for your feedback and it is nice to see that your overall stay was good , it’s true that the location his very convenient. Some part of the hotel is facing all the action, but you can always request a quieter room. We hope that you will reconsider our hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked the studio double murphy with sofa bed, which sleeps 4.
The room ended up being great, it was a regular double bed with a dinning table for 4, and big enough kitchen with all appliances and plates, etc and a living room with the sofa and a couple of chairs...and a fireplace! You can buy logs for the fireplace that burn for 2hrs for $3.
Our room was facing the courtyard where there wasn't much foot traffic so noise was minimal.
They provide storage lockers for your equipment, and you get free first tracks (7:45 lift), skate rental and tubing...also access to aqua club la source for 3hrs/day.
We booked early so we had 30% off, so our avg nightly price was around $160