“Great food, not service for the price”

Windigo at Fairmont Tremblant
Reserve with OpenTable
Windigo at Fairmont Tremblant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 149 Restaurants in Mont Tremblant
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chefs are early birds at Windigo Restaurant, as every morning breakfast is served from 7 am for hotel guests and local visitors. On Saturdays and Sundays, Windigo serves Tremblant's most generous buffet breakfast until 1 pm. However, it is certainly at night that Windigo is at its best! The most savvy gourmets are always pleased with the creative choice of à la carte dishes, coupled with top notch service from our experienced and courteous servers. The casual and warm ambiance, as well as the generous and savory meals neatly prepared by our kitchen's brigade are appreciated by hotel guests, visitors and locals. Foodies always return to our signature Saturday buffet dinner "Surf and Turf", a tradition for Tremblant locals and visitors (reservations recommended). Last but not least, our new "Stravaganza" Italian buffet dinner on Fridays will surely become a foodie favourite! For non-hotel guests, valet parking is complimentary with meals. A special occasion to highlight? Windigo's windowed section can be privatized for a group. Thematic and special menus are also available on request.
Hamilton, Canada
“Great food, not service for the price”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had at 7pm reservation for a family of 4 at Windigo at the Fairmont and were not seated until 7:45 although the one room was being used. We waited in the bar and my one daughter ordered a Shiley Temple, no other drinks were ordered. Not even offered complimentary for the 45 minute wait, I mean $4.10.

We were very excited about the dinner as I had a Fairmont Experinece meal. (Trout literally in a jar - was very good)

I had to request bread as everyone around us seemed to be getting theirs except for us, my kids were starving by the time that came. I can forgive the fruit fly in my wine which was promptly resolved but I had to remind the server to bring my wife's wine.

Bill was $181 for two adults and two kids and that was with the complimentary Experience entree. We left at 10:45, that is 3hrs 45 min in the restaurant. Others seemed to be served and out of there in a fairly decent time.

I will admit the food was delicious and in adequate portion but the price was not worth the service we experienced considering the restaurant was not that busy. Very disappointing.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Vansyde

Montreal, Quebec
“Sushi & Steak buffet Fri & Sat's :)”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I recommend eating at this resto Fri and Saturday evenings when they usually have their Surf & Turf buffet. It's pricy (call for cost per person) but it's a nice and filling meal.

Service:
The service is above average and very courteous the 2 times we've eaten at this resto in the past 3 months. No odd looks of disapproval even when our 4 y.o. son spills something. That's professional.

Wine:
It's going to be very pricy to drink a nice bottle of red so expect 68$ and up (easily) for a nice wine.

Regular menu:
It's also good but don't expect value. You will be paying for a nice meal. There seems to be a "healthy choice" type menu where the resto appears to be trying out more fusion cuisine. Thai, Indian, Californian, type flavors for your meat and fish dishes... a pleasant surprise for a Fairmont restaurant.

Tip #1:
If you dine at this restaurant on the surf & turf buffet evenings, a reservation is a good idea given how some nights it can be crowded.

Tip #2:
you receive FREE valet parking when you dine at Windigo even if you're not a guest at the hotel. That's a nice touch. Just remember to tip the valet guy who's very professional as well.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank enjoyLIFE40
Quebec City, Canada
“EXPENSIVE”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Went for breakfast and we only had two choices, the cold buffet at $18 or the hot at 28$ Don't understand why the menu a la carte was left at the door? We didn't go back to try out supper for the simple reason that it was too expensive and they expect big tips. Gave the waitress 40$ for a 28$ bill and she asked me if I wanted my change.. EXCUSE ME!

Visited April 2012
Mont Tremblant, Canada
“Quality is there!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

It's a hotel restaurant. Good service, nice view on Tremblant ski runs. Large menu!

1 Thank delanse
Ottawa, Canada
“Reliable”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Expensive meal, very loud restaurant( there was a boisterous but happy gang celebrating something) but great service. Had seafood buffet lots to choose from for seafood eaters and non eaters. Ate all our breakfasts here( in our package) Kindly and professional staff ( seems to be the standard at Fairmont:) thought they would have more exciting food choices at Sunday brunch, like they have at Montebello, but same old offerings. Never the less still lots to choose from. Am gluten intolerant and was told by the waitress that if I had told them they would have provided gluten free choices( I brought my own muffins) good thing to keep in mind for all the gluten intolerant out there. Yes it is $$$ and not always the most exciting but as I said in a previous review you can always count on Fairmont for quality so not a lot to complain about.

Visited February 2012