“Not too Shaby” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not too Shaby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2004

I have stayed at this hotel twice. Staff are pleasant and try to please. Rooms are clean but too warm for sleeping and the air is very dry. In comparison to other hotels in the same price range I would say it does not distinguish itself. Proximity to village and lifts is excellent.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2004

My friend and I recently stayed at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Prior to our stay, but after having booked, we read the reviews titled "Not very impressive" and "Give it a miss" and were concerned that we'd booked at a poor establishment. As planned, we stayed in a 'Studio with Den,' and we were pleased to find that it was just as depicted by the website photos. The room was prepared with exceptional attention to detail, nicely decorated, modern and well equipped. We were dependant on the kitchen and its supplies and thought that they were of good quality and well thought out. The decor was certainly above average with many unique attributes relative to standard hotels. After a day of skiing, the outdoor hot tub was delightful. We had one minor discrepancy with the front desk, but were satisfied with the professional approach to resolving the issue. Our only disappointment was with the amount of noise that passed through the doors, both the entrance from the hallway, and the adjoining room doors. We had the misfortune of noisy neighbours and could hear them clearly while they were in their room or the hallway.

Our expectations of the Lodge de la Montagne hotel were met and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2004

In short the Lodge is an over priced shotty hotel that is charging a high price for location rather than nice accomodations or even decent service. The wall paper was peeling of the wall, the drain for the tub was missing, it took us 2 days, 2 phone calls and one visit to the front desk to get soap and shampoo. It makes me wonder if they even cleaned our room before we checked in. The thing that made me the most upset was the clerk who didn't stop her personal conversation when I went to check out. The only break she took from chatting was to let me know that my balncing was $0. She didn't even ask me how my stay was. I highly recommend choosing another hotel because other than a great location, I've had a better stay in a small town, 3rd rate motor inn. I will never stay over night at Tremblant again. I'd rather get up early and drive there and back in one day.

2 Thank Cbm6010
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2004

While the hotel is ideally situated at the bottom of the mountain, I am left to wonder whether location is everything. The hotel room was adequate, but not what I would consider a four star. Perhaps Intrawest has a different rating system. The room was sparse, and when we returned from skiing at 4:30, the maid had not yet cleaned the room.
When I called to inquire about this, I was told that they had until 5pm to clean the rooms. By 5pm, however, the maid had still not arrived.
The front desk staff were surly and haughty and not at all accomodating. The outdoor hot tub was broken and the games room is small and full of pre-teens. This hotel offers nothing extra, no coffee downstairs, no breakfast, nothing. I would never stay here again, and would recommend that others find another hotel. It seemed obvious that intrawest is out to make as much money as it can, while proving as little service as possible. When guests are treated suspiciously and as an inconvenience, something is definately wrong.

9 Thank Collectivity
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2002

Stayed In January , 2002. We got a basic room, but it was still fantastic w/kitchenette and fireplace. The resort was clean, right next to the express gondola to the base of the ski area and friendly. I would highly recommend it again (especially for the price).

27 Thank hal h