“Good Choice in the Village”

Residence Inn Mont Tremblant Manoir Labelle
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Kitchener, Canada
“Good Choice in the Village”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is recommended for ideal location at Mont Tremblant. Rooms were spacious and well equipped. Large breakfast is included (very busy). Staff were friendly and courteous. Shuttle to casino picks you up right at hotel. Nice pool area. Caseys restaurant attached (but lots of restaurants to choose from in village). I would stay here again! Lots of fun!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nick D, General Manager at Residence Inn Mont Tremblant Manoir Labelle, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Yoru feedback regarding your stay with us is very much apprecaited. We were happy to here that your stay with us met your expecations. Hope we get to see you again in Beautiful Mont-Tremblant and at the Residence Inn by Marriott.

Nick D'Amico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Woodbridge
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We just returned home from a 3 night stay July 21-24. I can't believe this is ranked a Category 7 Marriott. Absolutely no way!! We booked a 2 bedroom bi-level suite and we asked for a corner unit. The first room they gave us was 333 but there was garbage in the closet. It was disgusting!! Daphne at front desk was wonderful. She immediately gave us a new room which was clean and considered renovated, but in desperate need of a face life. She also eliminated the parking charges. The air conditioning units looked about 30 years old and didn't even work, so the loft bedroom felt like a sauna and so uncomfortable to sleep in. Beware they charge 18% tax on the room. We are loyal Marriott members and ALWAYS choose Marriott, but I would not come back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nick D, General Manager at Residence Inn Mont Tremblant Manoir Labelle, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments reagarding your stay with us in July. We are sorry that you expereinced a cleanliness issue with the first room which was assigned to you at arrival.
This was clearly an oversight on our part and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. The inicident has been addressed and shared with our houskeeping team. I was gald to hear that our fornt desk associate Daphne took the time to resolve the issue with you and that a different room was assigned.

In response to your comments regarding the Hotels Marriott Reward category, we are in fact a category 6 property and not a 7. The Guest suites were completed renovated 4 years ago and our new bedding package which consits of NEW feathered duvets, New queen size feathered pillows, thick mattress toppers and New white decoartive top sheets places the hotel as having the most updated rooms on the Resort.

Regarding the AC unit is your room I do apologise that you expereinced some issues with the unit located in the loft area of your room. The unit was verifiyed by our maintenance team and was in fact working. Unfortuantley these units do need to be re-set if left on cool for a long period of time. We did install detailed colored instructions on the unit advising guest on how to re-set the units as we noticed this was an issue last year.

Once again I do apologise that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We apprecaite you taking the time to express your comments , and will do everything we can to ensure our guest receive the service and product that Marirott brand is known to provide

ottawa,ontario
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Greeted by Nick the hotel manager who acknowledged our gold member status and upgraded us to a one bedroom suite. Be aware that these are two double beds not queens. Parking was also complementary due to our Marriott loyalty. The rooms have everything you need, clean a bit rustic as is the case in many Tremblant rooms. Don't expect the Hyatt Regency. We were there during the recent heat wave, the noisy air conditioners did their job. Best location in Tremblant at the foot of the pedestrian village, the car did not move for three days. Complimentary breakfast is the best I have seen in a Marriott.
Well here goes some candid comments, you are in Quebec so I felt there were some minor annoyances to those visiting from other parts of Canada or the USA. An English newspaper is almost impossible to find at the breakfast table, Plenty of La Presse's but I spotted only two Globe and Mails, being horded by the few Anglos that were there. I have never seen a Microwave Oven with French labels bit there it was. I pity those who have no knowledge of French. And oh yes a Francophone elevator, RC means the lobby in French but no English translations. C'mon it's North America!
The pool area and patio is wonderful and was very busy considering the weather.

All in all it's still my 'go to' place in Tremblant, a well run hotel and always great service. I hope that the these Quebec idiosyncrasies are attended to.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a one bedroom
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank norman18
Nick D, General Manager at Residence Inn Mont Tremblant Manoir Labelle, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments regarding your stay at the Residence Inn Mont-Temblant.

As a Loyal Marriott Reward elite member I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We appreciate the feedback in regarding to the service you received and the limited english newspaper which was provided at Breakfast. The hotel noramlly has a good quantity of Glob & Mail as well as French local paper avaialble to guest daily. We will review and observe this more closely. Regarding some of the French signage, we are obligated by the french lanaguage laws in Quebec to display signage in French. Our elevators cabins are scheduled for a complete cosmetic re-do this september and we hope to have a contol panel which will better communicate to guest the amenites and services avaialble on each floor.

Once again I thank you for your continuing loyalty with Marriott and hope to see you back at the Residence Inn if ever you return to Tremblant.

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel on Thursday, July 11, 2013 for my birthday during the the Blues Festival at Mont Tremblant. More than a month earlier I had made the reservation for a simple room w/queen bed + mini-fridge/microwave. However, due to an error on the part of the original agent at the Marriott's main reservation centre (involving an extra charge on my credit card & other problems) a quite unpleasant...to say the least...kafuffle ensued. I then decided to cancel our reservation and write a letter to the hotel providing a timeline of the events and my feedback regarding our experience. It was then, very fortunately, that our experience got turned around. In a nutshell, thanks to the professional, attentive and compassionate nature of Sophie Racine who is the director of operations for this property, everything worked out beyond our expectations! Mde Racine encouraged us to reconsider, reassuring us that our business was indeed truly both valued and appreciated. She made it her mission to resolve any and all problems associated with the kafuffle. To our pleasant surprise, she had also arranged
a very generous upgrade of our room to a 2 bedroom, 2-bath+ fully-equipped kitchen!
Needless to say, in the end, we felt quite spoiled.
From check-in to check out, both Dominique and Daisie at the front desk had also received
us with professional, helpful and friendly hospitality.
Despite there being a ($12 + taxes) charge for the indoor parking and having had a bit of difficulty finding the entrance to it, it still turned out to be very convenient and well worth it though. Only moments after we had parked, we were greeted by a Marriott employee with a luggage cart eagerly wanting to help us up to our room which has never happened to us before.
The room itself was clean, the bed was comfy and we had a great view overlooking one of the walking paths in the village as well as the mountain with plenty of trees.
We had an issue with the a/c in our room not working properly but soon after we reported it to the front desk and returned back to our room a few hours later, the issue had improved.
Very efficient service!
There was a small pool and 2 hot tubs outside which looked quite inviting but since we had visited the Mont Tremblant Spa Scandinave we ended up not using either of them.
Since the brunch (which was included in the price of the room) only went to 9:30am and my boyfriend was still asleep, I was able to bring a tray of food up to our room instead, which was very convenient! There were many hot and cold choices to choose from too.
(eggs, bacon, cereal, assorted breads including bagels, muffins, make your own waffles, yogurt, fruit, juices, coffee, tea and more!)
Also included in the price of the room were 2 x (3 day) passes to use the gondola that goes all the way up to the top of the mountain...a value of $30 each for "free", which was appreciated.
Oh, becareful of the additional "tourist tax" too which is added to the check out bill and is also throughout the village. :(
This hotel is certainly a great choice when trying to choose where to stay in Mont Tremblant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rdabeatrix
Dear Guest

I wanted to take an opportunity to thank you for expressing your gratitude for the service you received form our assoaites while staying with us.

I was glad to here that Sophie, was able to convince you to keep your reservation with us depite some of the issues you may have expereinced with Marriott's Central Reservation Sysytem. We will also share you comments to Dominique and Daisy regarding the service you received.

We are glad to hear that you stay with us was a positive one and that the team was able to deliver the Culture and Spirit that Marriott is known for. I do Hope we have the opportunity to see you in the Futur.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here in Feb 2013 for a nice ski trip.

Served as a nice base for our skiing. You can ski right to the hotel. The rooms were very clean. Looking around the town, there are many other places to stay that are much nicer inside. This hotel would have been much nicer if we were given a room with a nice view. Instead we got stuck with a main level room that was actually below the main ground. So essentially we were lower than that bottom of one of the hills. Hard to explain but in a nutshell, the view sucked.

Also, some of the rooms (like ours) had a main door you enter and then 2 doors (one of them being our room) that you enter. So the other people staying in the other room entered through the same main door. Not an issue but really strange setup that I have never seen before. The only thing is when you leave or enter your room at the same time as the other people, you are sort of squashed in that general common area....strange but not a big deal.

The breakfast was included at the hotel but to be honest with you, I saw several people coming into the hotel in the morning and pretending they stayed there and receiving the free breakfast. They need to police that a little more as it's unfair to the paying guests.

There were a lot of teenagers coming in and out of the rooms all night throughout our stay creating a lot of noise, they try to police that and I think they generally do a good job.

The lobby is very cozy, reminds me of a cottage. The location is very nice. Close to all the restaurants.

Note: One word of advise for skiing--make sure you get up early as there is NO NIGHT skiing in Mont Tremblant--something I was used to at home and automatically assumed they had it there as well.

Also-- visit 'le skandinave spa' (I got the spelling wrong). It was definitely worth the relation after a day of skiing. We watched DEER outside the window as we were waiting to be called in for out massage. They also have outdoor pools.

Room Tip: Demand a room with a view! Don't get stuck on the main level near the lobby area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you fo taking the time out of your busy schedule and sharing your comments regarding your stay with us this past winter. It is definately through guests like yourselves that we will be able to better the service and product we provide to our guests.

Since your stay with us we have refreshed our guest rooms with Marriott's new bedding package which truly upgrades the look of our beds as well as our rooms. Our Bedding now includes thick mattress toppers as well as Thick feathered duvets, Queen size feathered pillows and new decorative top sheets. In addition all our sofa sleepers have been upgraded with foam mattresses. We have received positive feedback from our guests and I am confident you will notice the difference if you choose to return to the hotel in the futur.

I also wanted to thank you for sharing your comments regarding the location & view of your room. In fact the hotel does feature rooms on the main level. Many of our guest do request these rooms as it gives them easier access to the breakfast room, pool and jacuzzi's. In the winter they are also in demand as our guest enjoy being able to not take the elavtors and simply grabbing their ski gear and hitting the slops.

Although our room rates are not based on view. I do recomend inquiring about the rooms with a better view so that we may include this as your special request.

Once again I thank you for chosing the Residence Inn by Marriott for your stay in Tremblant and truly hope that we get the privledge and pleasure of being your host in the futur.

I
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel served as an excellent base during our weekend stay while family participated in a triathlon event. Location is excellent as has already been stated. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Staff were very accommodating and attentive to our needs, of note the lifeguard staff around the pool who were very conscientious of young children. The breakfast buffet was outstanding.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Familytraveller021
Guest

I was happy to hear that your stay with us while attending the Triathlon in Tremblant in June added to a great expereince on the Resort. I apprecaite you taking the time to share your comments and hope that we will be your choice if ever you decide to return to Beautiful Tremblant.

BURLINGTON
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Excellent hotel, just brought a group of 60 golfers to this hotel in Mont Tremblant. There were no complaints from any of my group regarding the facilities. The hotel put on a great buffet breakfast each morning as part of the deal, and the folks loved it. Overall, a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn to accomodate your group while golfing in Tremblant. I was very happy to hear that you and the group enjoyed their stay with us and that your experience was a positive one. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you plan on organising any futur group events or for any other return visits to Tremblant.