“Delicious!”
Review of C'est la Vie

C'est la Vie
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In an ancestral, serene and warm frame, we propose you the GRILL-STONE. This concept, unique in the region, consists of a VOLCANIC STONE warmed at high temperature offering an ideal natural surface for a cooking without added fat. The menu proposes a wide choice of meats and fishes such as filet mignon, ostrich, tuna, bison, seafoods, kangaroo, deer, wapiti, camel etc. We shall welcome you and shall assure an attentive and personalized service. The Chef owner also proposes you some specialities. The cellar presents a wide selection of wines, private imports as well as a good choice of wine by the glass. So, a selection of dish to take out is offered to you. A private room is also available according to certain conditions
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I came up to Tremblant in February and March and both times ate at C'est la vie. Both times were excellent! The food was exceptional and the concept was fun! Cooking your meat on a heated volcanic rock at your table! The sauces were so tasty and the private import wine also excellent.

I had the flank steak (bavette) and my husband had the surf & turf.
The wine we chose from private import was - Friends red - a California wine - highly recommended!

Coffee was SO good, really liked the way they brought it to you - in a small bodem press so that you could gage the brewing time yourself!

Dessert was to die for - I had les profiteroles, and my husband the crème brulé, in February we had the tirimisu (it was the closest I have ever eaten to how I make it at home) - all 3 desserts highly recommended, you can't go wrong!

The service was very attentive and efficient!

We'll be back next time we're up! La vie est belle :)

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank JACVEGAS
Fabien G, Propriétaire at C'est la Vie, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Bonjour madame,

I personally want to thank you, your husband and you, for the trust you place in our restaurant. And of course thank you also for taking the time to share your experience.

Cordialement

Fabien Gilissen
Chef owner

Boston, Massachusetts
“Two steps away from being a great restaurant...”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Food looked better than it tasted. Puny little lamb rack at top dollar. Turnip soups was watery and flavorless. Staff was pleasant, but not always attentive despite there only being a few tables to deal with. Small glasses of mediocre wine for $12... Long waits between courses, which might be okay for some folks but not for us. We won't go back there.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Scottford
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent experience!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Atmosphere is nice and cozy!! Service is very pleasant!! Food was even better!! Well worth the visit…. Priced very reasonable for quality of food!! We had the “hot stone” plates (recommended). Desert with the “table d’hôte” was original and a nice finish to the evening.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Manuel D
Montreal, Canada
“Not Your Run-of-the-Mill Experience”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the first time our group experienced cooking our food on very hot rocks at our table and it was very enjoyable. My husband selected the trio - elk, ostrich and kangaroo. All were very good with the accompanying sauces but the elk really stood out! (I'm definitely a fan.) If you choose to go this route, you may want to move any meat off to a side dish otherwise you will cook it without knowing! Most of these meats should be cooked rare, so be careful! I selected the Chiliean striped bass and it was excellent - the accompanying vegetables were great. I found my starter of cream of vegetable soup with tomato a little boring though. The service was very friendly. The bloody Cesars had just the right kick to them. We would go back.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Lori M
Niles, Illinois
“Incredible meal”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stumbled onto this little gem of a place on cold night after the New Year. We did not have reservations, but they were nice enough to accommodate us. The atmosphere and decor are delightful and the servers were very knowledgeable and sweet.
The food was very good, starting with the soup, served in nice soup plates. We both had the hot stone three course dinner, I had bison and my husband had chicken. The vegetables and sauces were a great pairing, especially when put on the hot stone as well. My desert was light and delicious. This place is incredible and I would not hesitate to go there again in a heartbeat! Thank you for a great experience!

• Visited January 2013