“Lovely Mexican restaurant 5*”
Review of Cafe Guacamole Y Salsas - CLOSED

Cafe Guacamole Y Salsas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Fun authentic Mexican food in a cute little family-run establishment. Located in an open plaza on St-Jovite street.
Laval, Canada
“Lovely Mexican restaurant 5*”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

You have to try this one !! It is not at the Mont Tremblant resorts. It's downtown St-Jovite (Mont-Tremblant), on the main road of St-Jovite.

Behind a Tea store called L'Essence du thé, a small restaurant that is worth a visit 100%

Lovely staff, they explained us all the foods, the best TACO AL PASTOR that I had in many many years, I've lived in Mexico for monthssss, and they were simply delicious. Not to expensive, fresh tacos homemade, the cook is very funny, and love doing what he's doing.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank aeroben61

Montreal, Canada
“Nice people, Very Low Quality Mexican Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Ok, I don't want to be mean here. The folks working at the restaurant are super friendly and the vibe was great overall. I want to talk about the food specifically.

Something needs to be done about the food, so I hope that the owner reads this and makes some changes.

I'm not too difficult, but I must say that I found the food served horrible, hence my rating. The fajitas contained: celery, carrots... and GREEN OLIVES! All mushy and drenched in oil. The black beans were of similar quality. The chicken wasn't grilled, but steamed and covered in more oil. Everything was overcooked.

Please... no celery and carrots or mushy green olives in Mexican cuisine!!

The enchiladas were soggy.

So, because of the number of good reviews the restaurants get, I can assume that either:

1) Most people reviewing have never eaten good Mexican food before.
2) This was an off day or change of chef or something.

However, the restaurant does not have good reputation in town with the locals for food quality.

Owners of this restaurant: Please do something about the quality of the food. You're not allowed to call a stew of overcooked vegetables with chicken "fajitas" and sell it for $14.95.

• Visited June 2014
“Maybe it was just an off day???”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

During a recent visit to Mont-Tremblant, we decided to try out this restaurant which had decent reviews on tripadvisor. Seeing how the hotels were all jammed, I called to make reservations. The gentleman was polite and said no problem for 7pm for 2 people and then we hung up. Then my wife asked me how in the world I can make a reservation without leaving my name. I hadn't realized it at the time but he didn't even bother asking me under which name to make the reservation but instead of calling back, I decided to take my chances. When we got there, I realized why he didn't need my name... We were the only 2 people in the restaurant on a Saturday night!

Even though my wife and I took 2 completely different meals and the descriptions in the menu were totally different, both plates were essentially identical except mine was in a soft shell taco. The rice was so overlooked that it had turned to mush and the salad dressing was so bland that I'm sure it was a store bought one. For two people and 2 cans of soft drinks, the total bill came to $72 which is ridiculous considering the food we got.

When I read the other reviews, the experience people had is the total opposite of what my wife and I went through. It's a shame we spent so much money on such bland and tasteless food.

• Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“simply amazing place Mexican experience ”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

This is the restaurant to go to when in Tremblant sincerely, owner is amazing fully Mexican, deco really great, music and the food, the food is amazing, and glass of house wine is well filled up. A must go.

Montreal, Canada
“Real mexican food”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

A quiet place in Le Petit Hameau. Let them start your meal by their homemade corn chips and their home ade spicy salsa. Don't forget the famous Margarita!

Visited November 2013