“Best Eating Experience of My Life”
Review of Le Cheval de Jade

Le Cheval de Jade
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fine French cuisine. Fresh regional produce. Gastronomic menu, table d'hote. Gluten free menu. Vegetarian dishes, bouillabaisse, fish, seafood, locally raised meat. The chef, Maitre Canardier, prepares Caneton a la Rouennaise upon reservation. Awarded a Four Diamond rating by the CAA/AAA.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I are fans of tasting menus with paired wines. This was the best eating experience we have ever had. Presentation, taste and pairing - perfection (and I don't use that word very often). In fact, I would say that every detail in the entire restaurant (decor, dinnerware, serving plates, even the Orchid theme in the ladies washroom...) has been selected meticulously. The sommelier who paired the wines is incredible friendly and knowledgeable and I would say (without understating it) that the whole staff is excited to share their incredible love of good food and wine with their visitors. We were even given a cooking lesson by the chef! (Be warned though...if you leave anything on your plate they may ask you why! My daughter is not fond of spaghetti squash with zucchini but you should have seen/tasted it! It was a perfect circle of spaghetti squash topped with thinly sliced overlapping zucchini - it was perfectly seasoned for sopping up every last drop of sauce on your plate but I digress...)
In retrospect, we probably would not have enjoyed the restaurant as much as we did had we not chosen the tasting menu paired with wine and had not chosen to experience the restaurant in French. We were given the royal treatment and it is probably easier for the staff to convey their love/excitement/passion in French!
We visit Tremblant once, twice a year. Going forward, this restaurant will always be part of our visit and we may even come up more often as a consequence!

1  Thank Lori M

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We use to go at "Le Cheval de Jade" for the amazing duck and the best french cuisine in the region.....now we have an additional reason: foie gras AND truffles. This give us a chance to explore new limits in the well established classics of Chef Olivier. Well done again always a class act experience to have diner at Le Cheval de Jade.

Merci beaucoup

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to Cheval de jade for a cozy evening dinner after skiing all day. The owner was wonderfull welcoming us. Food quality is tremendous especially the "confit de canard" and the tartare.
Probably the best place near Tremblant.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We visited in october of this year and again the royal treatement I can simply state that it was a wonderful meal highlighted by the the specialty of the house, the duck. The service was impeccable. It is well worth the trip and the cost.

1  Thank michel b
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had dinner at Cheval de Jade on Oct 6th 2012 during our foliage trip to Temblant. Ever since I had duck breast few times while traveling in France I became big fan of duck dishes, which is why I wanted to try the unique Rouennaise Duckling at Cheval de Jade. Not only the taste itself but also whole process of preparation of the dishes such as our participation of squeezing duck juice was memorable event. The taste of duck breast itself was the best among all duck dishes I had in north America (including many well regarded restaurants in NY) and I wish to go back soon to try another menu there.