“A late-dinner to remember”
Review of Le Cheval de Jade

Le Cheval de Jade
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fine French cuisine. Fresh regional produce. Gastronomic menu, table d'hote. Gluten free menu. Vegetarian dishes, bouillabaisse, fish, seafood, locally raised meat. The chef, Maitre Canardier, prepares Caneton a la Rouennaise upon reservation. Awarded a Four Diamond rating by the CAA/AAA.
Reviewed August 15, 2011

When I was young, my grandparents used to have a little chalet in the city of St-Jovite (which is now called Tremblant), and I've been coming here for more than 20 years now.

So, we -my family and I- decided to go to the chalet for the weekend and when we arrived yesterday, we were hungry. We went all the way to the village and choose to try Le Cheval de Jade, that exists since 1999, but which we had never stopped by before... And honestly, I can't tell why we didn't, because I still don't understand it!

The food was delicious, the presentation of the plates was beautiful, the waiters were very welcoming, plus they gave us great explanations of the menu and wine card and, finally, the service was personalized; even the chef (Olivier Tali) came to the table to greet us all.

At the end of the evening, the chef offered a little visit around the kitchen, to fulfill my "chef-to-become's" curiosity.
The experience was awesome; I'll definitely recommend it and will surely go back!

1  Thank MaryKateMtl

Reviewed August 15, 2011

wow...everytime we go at Le cheval de Jade...either with familly or friends we are just looking in our calender to fix the date of the next one!! Menu découverte is something to consider,service is cool and relax espacially on the balcony....food as usual perfect...A REAL UNIQUE EXPERIENCE...that you want to do over and over

1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Some friends have refered this restaurant and we tried it. I don't remember the last time that we eat so well.
Amazing food, great service, superb set up.
Wow from begening to the end.
Laurent, St Eustache, Quebec

1  Thank Laurent B
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We strongly recommend this restaurant. We were well received without a reservation but with only 34 places in this very quaint restaurant we strongly recommend reserving ahead. This restaurant is run by husband and wife team who take time to come and talk with guests and make you feel very welcome. This is a gastronomical discovery for us in the Mont-Tremblant area and is well worth the trip out from the Mont-Tremblant resort since you will not find this at the mountain. Very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the cuisine which was very tasty and presentation was impressive. We had the best magret de canard ever, which is their speciality. The price is reasonable for this level of cuisine (160$ for a couple). The wines are private importation and reasonable priced.

1  Thank Anouk L
Reviewed August 12, 2011

A little GEM in the middle of a small town. The Chef creates dishes that are so tasty and satisfying yet you don't have that loaded down feeling when finished. If you get a chance and like duck, this is one of the best and the sauce is fabulous. I would highly recommend not passing this one up if you are in the area. The decor is quaint and the service is excellent and very friendly. We will be back many more times to try out more menu items!

1  Thank Doug D