“Food is very good, but service slow and inattentive” 3 of 5 bubbles

La Quintessence Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 149 Restaurants in Mont Tremblant
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant La Quintessence & Winebar, rated Four Diamond by CAA and AAA, is a must in Tremblant. The Chef and his team pride themselves on delivering an extraordinary culinary experience in a warm ambience. Artfully blending styles and flavours, the regional cuisine is rooted in Nordic influences with French tradition. The menu features the finest ingredients from local producers paired with an award-winning wine list.
Ottawa, Canada
“Food is very good, but service slow and inattentive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

First the hostess tried to set us in the bar instead of the main dining room for some reason. I think they try to keep tables in the main dining room for people staying at the hotel, but the dining room was never more than 50% full for the three hours that we were there (on a Friday night). The service was very slow from beginning to end. It would be OK if you wanted a long slow meal, but most North-Americans will find it a little painful. The salad was excellent - highly recommended. The black cod was very good. the beignets for desert were good too. cappuccino also very good. the wine recommended by the waiter was an excellent recommendation (just a regional red burgundy for $85 - but very very good). Overall though, I would say I didn't feel like I got my money's worth here. Strangely though, we will probably go back. we have been here a few times before, and keep going back because there aren't many places in Mt.Tremblant that aspire to the same level of dining experience (even though they fall short).

Montreal
“Disappointing for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is very inviting with a lovely ambiance and the staff were nice. The wine list & the one we decided on was lovely & the waiter was very helpful. What was disappointing was the food. The oysters were plain - no embellishments or options, the salad - one of the few "healthy" options had an odd sweetness in the dressing which took away some of the freshness of the salad. The pork was very good, but the black cod was disappointing - it was cooked well but came with mushrooms on mashed potatoes (needed microscope to find potatoes). There was a heaviness due to huge amounts of oil (apparently truffle oil). The heaviness of the side dish all but destroyed the lightness of the fish. Curiously, there seemed to be a ration on bread. The prices were about 25% more than what you would expect to pay for similar food in Montreal - yet the food was not exceptionally good despite the price. I hope the chef can "lighten up".

Dorset
“Sad but true....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

As probably the most "high end" restaurant in Tremblant, I expected a lot better than I experienced here.
For a Friday evening, the place was very quiet - about 15% occupied at most.
I won't go into details about the dish that spurred me to write this review, but suffice to say it was the most disappointing entree I have had at any restaurant for years. Add to this the fact that it cost more than $50, and you can understand my anger.
I advised the waiting staff of the problem - and was accorded a minor reduction - one free dessert.
Although there were one or two nice components to the meal - some decent foie gras, and nice foie gras ice cream - these were not enough to rescue a dismal experience, made worse by the basic inability of the waiter to safely decant a fairly aged bottle, resulting in sediment in the wine.
So - sad, but true - this is not a place I would recommend.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rjosborne
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Worth a Visit...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Visited with colleagues for an evening...Waiter was very attentive, food was very good...Wine selection is extensive, and we sampled some very enjoyable red wine..

I suspect that most people will enjoy the setting, and selection...

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Craig K
Montreal, Canada
“Such a disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

After we were seated in an alcove where no one could see us, we waited 25 minutes for the waitress to take our drink orders. The white wine was room temperature. The black cod was under-cooked and the prices are very high. We had requested a seat in the main room but were told every seat was booked, although at 7 p..m. when we arrived it was completely empty.
Our dessert arrived and we waited 15 minutes for cutlery.
When we left, we noticed that every table was empty. I asked why was it that we couldn't sit in the main area. Their answer? Why Madame, everyone has come and gone. That's how bad our service was. And no apologies, either. I would not go back. There are so many charming restaurants at Mont-Tremblant.

• Visited January 2014