“a bed and breakfast gem in picturesque North Hatley”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Hatley
B & B Villa Massawippi
Ranked #8 of 12 North Hatley B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“a bed and breakfast gem in picturesque North Hatley”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

All the previous positives reviews were true, and the information provided by the website of the bed and breakfast was honest, so I will just add what the other reviews didn't say:

The guest rooms are nicer than the pictures. Each room has a window AC (although we needed very little of it), a balcony facing the lake with table and chairs, a closet, a futon that can extend as an extra bed, wireless internet, and a small table with 2 chairs guests can eat on. The shower is strong and relaxing.

The living room is on the 1st floor. it is spacious and clean. it is equipped with lots of music and books and table games, a stepper (exercise machine) and various kinds of chairs/sofa.

Our screen door to the balcony malfunctioned and Rene fixed it in no time. He brought out a big nylon cover for our bikes so they didn't have to suffer the rain.

Breakfast was simple yet delicious (bread, croissant, jam, milk, orange juice, butter, tea and coffee). Coffee was the tastiest we've ever had. Rene made fresh crepes for the guests, they are so different from what you'd buy from wholefoods and tasted so much better.

Laila made beds for the guests and refreshed supplies upon requests. She set up the extra bed (futon) for our toddler and made sure all our needs were met.

We were glad we took their advice for restaurants. They really know the good ones on different budget levels.

Everyday, my son asked whether he can come back to the bed and breakfast at the end of the day, and he was thoroughly disappointed when I said no on the day of our departure. I think that really said something about this place.

I would highly recommend Rene and Laila's Villa Massawippi and hope we will return sometime in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank chuyim

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Montréal
Reviewed November 18, 2012

In May 2012, we were heading to North Hatley without a reservation for the night. On our way, we used the Internet to find a place to stay and just found that B&B. We so much loved it, that we came back two more times last summer. René and Laela are wonderful hosts for the guest of their two rooms B&B. The B&B is right on the Massawipi Lake, with a deck from where you can enjoy the spectacular view of the surroundings. You can eat on your private balcony or downstair in a large room if you occupy both rooms with friends as we did. The rooms are very cleans. And the breakfasts of René are memorable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Eastern Townships, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I recently stayed for a few days at The Villa Massawippi with my immediate family (4 adults). I have to say that I accidentally fell across this lovely B & B while doing some research on where to stay as it is not listed in all of the mainstream tourist ads. Am I ever glad I happened to find it.

I was looking for ideally a lakefront place since North Hatley's beautiful Lake Massawippi offers a magnificent view (lovely unspoiled lake with mountains beyond). However, I did not want to commit everyone to a very expensive place so I was looking for a) the lakefront view with perhaps an outdoor terrace b) comfortable accomodation with a private bathroom c) a good breakfast and d) a very good price.

With the Villa Massawippi I got all of this and more ! This lovely little B & B has two fully equipped rooms, each with a full bathroom, sitting area with TV, a small dining area and an outdoor balcony on the lakefront. Guests have the option of either breakfasting in their rooms (inside or on the balcony) or in the large garden level room below. This room features a small kitchen where one can have tea or coffee, a couple of dining tables, couches and sound system. If you walk outside, you can access the property's garden where the owners have placed tables and chairs so that guests can enjoy a cup of tea in the peaceful garden or on the quai on the lake. Since we booked both rooms, we also had the garden room all to ourselves.

The rooms are spotless, tastefully decorated and beautifully kept. Breakfasts were copious (to say the least) and featured croissants, baguettes, fresh orange juice, crèpes and omelettes cooked up by one of the owners, Réné, and fresh coffee. Laila, Réné's wife, saw to it that no need or want went unfulfilled. This couple is obviously passionate about welcoming guests to North Hatley and they are able to provide any and all information on visiting this beautiful region. Their cheerful and welcoming approach brightened our day (despite the rain that we had during this time, unfortunately).

The Villa Massawippi is located very close to the centre of North Hatley so guests can walk to the centre of the village and enjoy an ice-cream from the local café or a coffee and pastry from the local bakery. The village also has all amenities such as a post office, a grocery store, several reasonably priced restaurants, a beach, a visitor's centre and wonderful gift shops. If you are in the mood for something a little special, this B & B is also close to a few gourmet restaurants such as The Hovey Manor and Le Café Massawippi (not to mention Aux Plaisirs Gourmand in nearby Massawippi .. although you will need a car to reach this restaurant).

If you are looking for the wonderful North Hatley experience but you don't want to spend an arm and a leg doing it, I would strongly suggest you give this place a try. You will definitely not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank GrandeGourmande
Boston
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Stayed at the B&B Villal Massawippi on our way to Quebec City. It has only 2 rooms, and I could only find one review, but decided to try it. What a hidden gem! Our room was very large, modern, and immaculate. We had a private balcony that overlooked the lake and access to a room with a kitchen, large refrigerator/freezer, free coffee and tea at all times. A private dock with lounge chairs was the perfect spot to relax, and although we didn't swim, other clients did and reported the water was wonderful! Our hosts could not have been more friendly, gracious, and accomodating.... yet we always felt like we had the place to ourselves. Our hosts served us breakfast on our balcony... delicious... and one of the best experiences of our travels (I felt like royalty!). This is a great place by a very small village.. we had dinner in a pub on a river and food was great! This is a truly relaxing B&B, and the only con that I can come up with is the limited parking space. If you are coming with a very large vehicle, I would discuss this with the owner before booking.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Location : excellent
Welcome: excellent
Breakfast: excellent
Comfort: excellent
I only wish I had stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
#2 of 12 in North Hatley
La Raveaudiere
La Raveaudiere
#6 of 12 in North Hatley

Been to B & B Villa Massawippi? Share your experiences!