Manoir Hovey
$70
  • Restaurant
Motel Le Sabre(Sherbrooke)(Great Value!)
$62
$58
$139
Hotels.com
Motel Le Refuge(Lennoxville)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,254 results
All reviewsmain buildingdining roomeastern townshipsbeautiful settingdining experiencelake massawippifine diningwine listthe pubimpeccable serviceluxury roomget awayduckthe wait staffpaddle boardsout of this worldlouise penny
FilterAll languages
Tortola, BVI
Reviewed March 15, 2006

I would just like to take a moment to say that our experience at Manoir Hovey was like no other we have experienced in our travels. The accomodations were just lovely with beautiful and carefully appointed rooms and the most comfortable bed I have had the pleasure of sleeping in for 3 nights. Right from the very beginning when we were greeted by a charming young woman at the reception desk who checked us in quickly and efficiently asking if we needed anything extra...help with bags etc. The staff were all gracious and helpful.

And then the dining experience. Absolutely divine. The food, wine, desserts, cheeses ..... all superb and the staff were entirely knowlegeable about any of the questions we had especially regarding their local fare. My husband and I have already told our friends and family that Manoir Hovey is one of the most romantic, beautiful and stimulating inns ever. There is plenty to do if you like to cross country ski, downhill ski, hiking, sleeping, sitting by a cozy fire and read...The town is so charming I could not resist buying a few "needed" items to take home.
This ws sheer heaven. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Quebec City, Quebec
Reviewed January 5, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the inn recently and were very impressed with the food, which is French-inspired but incorporates lots of local products. The sommelier is extremely friendly and the wood-panelled dining room is cozy and romantic. Our room was beautifully decorated and faced the lake, which was not yet frozen. Winter wonderland, with lots of trails for snowshoeing. There's a pub, too, filled with antiques, where we had Brazilian coffees after a day of skiing. We'll definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 4, 2005

We have been coming here for 5 years.
Unfortunately I don't think we'll return. We used to rave about the food, but they have changed tremedously. It is now extremely nouveau, with tiny portions . All very "artsy " looking, but not filling at all, and not all that tasty. Also they used to require jackets so that the ambience was elegant. Now shirt sleeves are allowed, which spoils the experience.
We use to overlook the fact that the rooms, except for the most expensive, are quite small, with NO drawer space. But now that the food and the ambience is gone, theres no excuse.
Sadly we'll have to hunt around for a different venue.
Any suggestuins anyone ?

• Stayed: August 2005
8  Thank Monterey554123
Reviewed August 14, 2005

My husband and I were recent guests at this inn.It is one of the nicest spots we have stayed in.Let me also add that we are very experienced travellers and make a point of staying in the best resorts etc. in north,central and South America,and as well in The Caribbean.The only complaint I have is that the rooms are a bit smaller than I imagined.They are however,very tastefully decorated.We stayed in room 16 and it had a pretty deck with a very pretty view to match.The food is spectacular and the service is very good.In my opinion it is definetly a spot for couples though or some one looking for quiet time.There is really not much night life going on here but there is a small bar area that probably at times can be hopping. The grounds are very nice with some magnificent flowers,shrubs,trees etc.happening.You must try this place at least once .The area is also beautiful and the town of North Hatley looks great although we did not have the time to stop and visit .It reminded me a little of Niagara on The Lake but again we just drove through it and had a quick look. Try Manoir Hovey,we would definetly go back there again!! We live in Mississauga,Ontario and the actual drive from our house to the Inn's front door was roughly six and a half hours and it ended up being a very pleasant drive through south eastern Ontario and southern Quebec.

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 28, 2005

I stayed here with my fiance in September 2003 hoping for a nice romantic retreat out in the country. The Hovey Manor is ranked as one of the best inns in North America and it was very nice and lived up to its reputation in many ways. However, I am in my 20's and I was bored here and felt out of place. We stayed for 2 nights and the weather was very gloomy the whole time so we could not go on the lake and there was really nothing to do but sit around and read. In order to afford to stay here, we got the cheapest room and it was very small. It was so small that it was not comfortable to go relex in our room. If you stay here, it is probably best to at least pay for a middle-priced room and hope for some decent weather. The restaurant was great. The Hovey Manor is probably best for older and/or sophisticated couples who like to stay at inns. Don't waste your money if you like action.

8  Thank aculjat