My wife and I stayed at Manoir Hovey in the fall of 2003 for 3 nights and we loved it. The setting is pristine- right above the lake- and so peaceful. Watching the early morning fog burn off the lake or watching the moon rise above the lake were beautiful moments. The rooms are very nice, but the least of the highlights. The tub for two was very luxurious as was the canopy bed. I would reccomend the rooms with a balcony overlooking the lake. There is the perfect mix of activity and relaxation at the Manoir.
Each day we took a canoe or kayak out on the lake, relaxed in the adirondeck chairs, took naps, and went for scenic drives. (The town of N. Hatley which is down the road is a cute artist colony with shops, galleries, and cafes)
The most luxurious part of the stay was the food- breakfast and dinner are included and they are excellent- high end French cuisine. The restaurant is a big draw for wealthy Canadiens. The dining room has a very upscale air, a well dressed and older crowd, but my wife and I were well treated and made to feel just as special as the blue bloods across the room.
The Manoir has a hidden gem- the pub! In a seperate building lies this perfect drinking spot. The bar, which resembles a ski lodge tavern, is filled with games, a fireplace, and great beers- the perfect place to spend a few hours tasting some local beer.
The Manoir is a perfect long weekend get away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 75 minutes from Montreal, Manoir Hovey is a 5 star Relais & Chateaux property on the shores of Lake Massawippi just outside of North Hatley, one of Quebec's most picturesque villages. Manoir Hovey is truly one of Canada’s most charming and romantic inns. We offer thirty-seven beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites, year-round activities, and host conferences, weddings and special events. Our award-winning four diamond restaurant, Le Hatley, showcases fine regional cuisine complemented by an extensive wine list. Overlooking the lake and surrounded by English gardens, the dining room has a tranquil setting with breathtaking views. An unforgettable experience to enjoy with your partner or your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Manoir Hovey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Hovey North Hatley, Quebec, Canada
- Manoir Hovey Hotel North Hatley