The food here is among the best in North Hatley and rivals even some of the best retaurants in Montreal. The Inn is historic, charming and peaceful. Rooms are all decorated with real antiques. My wife and I stayed in a room with a wood-burning fireplace and a large balcony overlooking the lake. An atmosphere you simply can't beat, especially with the arrival of Fall.
I have two comments that might give people additional insight into this Inn. First, my wife and I were frustrated by the lack of internet during our entire two day stay (despite the fact that management assured us it was running). Indeed, management's shrugging of their shoulders put us a little off since an inn of this stature (and cost) ought not to have a problem providing hi-speed internet if not WiFi. And it wasn't just us: other guests experienced the same problem (as we bumped into each other in the hotel's common rooms all holding our laptops searching for a working network). Even for the casual internet user, having internet access is useful when trying to plan antiquing runs or a general tour of the area.
A second comment: the hotel is elegant and justifiably prides itself on delivering a VERY formal experience. My wife and I are in our early thirties and while we can appreciate a dress code as much as the next couple, Hovey Manor attracts an older and stuffier crowd. Indeed, even among the other more or less younger guests, we noticed one family whose 4 or 5 year old child was dressed up in a blazer and tie for ... breakfast.... That's a little much for us.
Otherwise, our stay was wonderful. Nothing but top notch rooms and awesome food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 75 minutes from Montreal, Manoir Hovey is a 5 star Relais & Chateaux property on the shores of Lake Massawippi just outside of North Hatley, one of Quebec's most picturesque villages. Manoir Hovey is truly one of Canada’s most charming and romantic inns. We offer thirty-seven beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites, year-round activities, and host conferences, weddings and special events. Our award-winning four diamond restaurant, Le Hatley, showcases fine regional cuisine complemented by an extensive wine list. Overlooking the lake and surrounded by English gardens, the dining room has a tranquil setting with breathtaking views. An unforgettable experience to enjoy with your partner or your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Manoir Hovey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Hovey North Hatley, Quebec, Canada
- Manoir Hovey Hotel North Hatley