“Pleasantly surprised!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Swansea, Illinois
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The name is Boston PIzza so that's what I expected... pizza. But to my surprise and delight they have a varied menu with many choices. I had wings (good to great,) a French Dip (good,) and a Smore dessert (great.)

All in all a nice place to eat. Good service, good food, and plenty of TVs to keep me entertained.

• Visited July 2013

Vegreville, Alberta, Canada
“Hottest Tropical Chicken Pizza I have ever eaten at BP”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Service was quite good but some dishes need better alerts about spiciness. I have eaten tropical chicken pizza at many different BP locations around Alberta and this location has way too much spice on theirs making it difficult to enjoy.Dinner partners ordered cactus fries. Description on menu did not adequately prepare them for the extreme heat of this dish, unless this is specific only to this location. .

Visited May 2013
Alberta
“Maybe just a bad experience”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I like Boston Pizza. I am a regular at various Boston Pizzas throughout western Canada. I have found the food to be anywhere from excellent to poor and the service varies as much. In this case - it is a question of both bad service and poor food. The server "forgot" about me and I waited forty five minutes for my pizza when she came and said with a laugh I forgot completely about you and the pizza has been up for a while. I asked for it to go and once back at the hotel (next door) it was cold - not totally unexpected but tasted off and not the way it tastes at other locations in the chain. The one thing you expect from a chain is consistency. I was very disappointed by the food and the service.

• Visited May 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Great food, great service, but way too much for pizza and a salad”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stopped in for lunch after a drive from Fort St. John. Having never been to a BP and it was lunch time AND I love pizza, I wanted to give it a try. At the time, it was not busy and my server was right with me as soon as I sat down. She was very attentive and did a fine job. I had a starter Cesar salad which was very good and the right size if you're going to have pizza as the entree. BP sizes range from Individual sized on up. I got the small 10" thin crust pepperoni with feta and scallions. It was great. Along with a diet Coke, however, the bill before tax came to a whopping $26. Keeping in mind the servers don't set the prices, she received the customary tip I give for very good service; 20%. So, out the door, I was out $31 which is simply way too much for what I had for lunch. I have been traveling for business for many years and never have I paid nearly that much. I'll reconsider the next time a Boston Pizza shows up in my windshield.

• Visited April 2013
Peace River, Canada
“Never the same”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Some time the food is very good, and some time the food is poor, maybe they have different cooks, or the cook is not happy on some days. Last time I went I had the penne with extra cajun chicken, and I assure you it was very disappointed way to much cajun spice???

• Visited April 2013