“Lunch at rockie mountain”

Rocky Mountain House
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Renfrew
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
renfrew, ontario
“Lunch at rockie mountain”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Went for lunch on a Saturday. Service wa very good and attentive. Food however was so so.
Lots of fried food on the menu. A healthier selection would be needed.

• Visited May 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Rocky Mountain House - Best Schnitzel!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had to attend a funeral in Renfrew ON on May 20th.
We asked our hotel to suggest a good restaurant - they actually gave us the names of three to choose from.
We decided to try the Rocky Mountain House and are ever so glad we did!
They served one of the best, if not the best schnitzels (their specialty) we have ever eaten.
Not a fancy place but nice, clean, friendly servers and as I say, served the best schnitzel.
We even asked if the owner was German. The answer was no but they bought the restaurant and recipe from the former owner who was naturally, German .
I would almost head back there from Toronto just for their schnitzel!
Well done Rocky Mountain House.

• Visited May 2014
Renfrew, Canada
“I love the breakfast menu!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've had a few selections off the breakfast menu but my favourite is definitely the ham and cheese omelet on a wrap, Delicious home fries included and good coffee here too!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Eva D
Ottawa, Canada
“terrible food, shabby atmosphere”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Renfrew does not seem to have a restaurant with decent food, and the "Rocky Horror House" is one of the worst of a bad lot! Absolutely terrible food.

Food is pretty much industrial grade, pre-packaged food of dubious quality, and most is deep fried to death. Given the emphasis these days on fresh and local food, what on earth are they thinking?

Atmosphere is dire need of updating! We have no intention of returning.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank ottawatraveler_11
Ontario
“What happened?”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Always loved going here, as I knew the original owners before they bought the place. The food has taken a nosedive as my husband and I discovered when we went there on January 10th 2014. My husband ordered Bruschetta and it was a joke. He is a chef and called the waitress over and told her, this is not bruschetta, it was garlic bread with tomatoes and cheese. All she said very annoyed I might add was "that's the way it's done here". No offer to take it back, to tell the cook, anything? Then when my husband's steak came which was supposed to be new York AAA steak. What came was the thinnest piece of sirloin AA either one of us have ever seen. My husband's Dad was a butcher so ya. When he told the waitress, she said "ya well, again, that's the way it is here. My schnitzel was very good, but the veggies tasted like BOILED canned mixed veggies. Even the gravy seemed thin downed. More than likely will order the schnitzel as take out cause I do like it. But my husband will never order there again.

• Visited January 2014