“We're booking our Christmas Party here next year!”

Rocky Mountain House
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Renfrew
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Arnprior, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We're booking our Christmas Party here next year!”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

My staff and I decided to try The Rocky Mountain House for our annual Christmas Dinner this year because of the extremely large space this restaurant provides. All of us were very pleased with the overall experience. We had an absolutely delicious schnitzel/chicken buffet with a variety of sauces, salads and side dishes for a price that you couldn't beat! The waitresses were so friendly, fast and efficient. Before we even left the restaurant we all decided that we were returning next year for our party. I will definitely recommend The Rocky Mountain House to anyone.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank June B

Renfrew, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to go back!!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I'm new to the area and have been trying out new restaurants weekly and The Rocky Mountain House is by far the best one in Renfrew.
Everything from the smiling faces when I walked in, to the friendly service at the table and the amazing food portions was way beyond my expectations.
If yo haven't checked it out yet I would highly recommend you do.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Camille w
Timmins
“It's ok”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Read a lot of bad reviews so was not sure what we woul get. Check in was easy staff very friendly. Location is excellent not far from stores or food.
The restaurant looked clean, but we ate in the pub, food was good and service very good.
We came here to meet up with family and had a tailgate party in the parking lot before moving into the pub.
The rooms have been repainted but are dated. I found the rooms clean but the beds and pillows not the greatest for comfort.
I recommend rocky for a notes staff but would not spend a week here.

calgary
“Gordon Ramsay needs to get into this kitchen and give them hell.”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Pleasant exterior and interior and cleverly written menu. However, once the food arrives, you soon realise the truth. The RCMP (royal canadian mashed potatoes) AREN"T real potatoes! Two blobs of wallpaper paste come on your plate splashed with some brown liquid from goodness knows where. The schnitzel are ok, but overstuffed and overcooked. We are from the Rocky Mountain area of Canada -- don't let the food in this restaurant turn you off the food there. Shame on the owners and shame on this kitchen. Serv

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank evamy
Ottawa, Canada
“Things have changed - not for the better.”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This used to be a favorite stop with a fine collection of imported draft beer, single malts, and tender snitzel in large portions. It's been about a year since my last visit and what a change. No imported draft - that section of the menu was replaced with something purported to be martinis. Food portions were less than 1/2 the previous size of every item, including appetizers, despite about a 30% increase in price. No free refills on a $2.50 glass of pop. Snitzel thin and dry. Overall... disappointing.

It used to be a challenge to find a parking spot - certainly not an issue now. At 6:30PM on a Saturday night, the place was less than 1/2 full. I think some bad management decisions have been made, and I'm not the only one saying it will be a long time before I'm back.

• Visited July 2011