“Good food but to disorganized” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but to disorganized”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

So I've been here a few times the owner is great and hilarious but she had no idea what she's doing half the time! And half the time you don't get what you ordered and the good is very slow coming, it's good sushi when it's not busy, but there Chinese food is not good at all, and everytime I eat here I get sick unfortunately

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Renfrew, Canada
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was extremely satisfied with the quality of the food and especially the quality of the Tuna (white especially), used for making sushi. It is exceptional to find oriental food like this in a small town like Renfrew. I noticed in one of the reviews that someone commented on the fact that the restaurant was advertised as 'all you can eat' but came with a 'large side of guilt'. May I point out that many buffet-style restaurants elsewhere now have a similar policy regarding wasting their food. Top quality sushi grade fish and the other ingredients needed are quite expensive and I don't mind being asked if I am sure that I have not ordered too much. It is a good way to control the restaurant's costs and keep the prices reasonable at the same time. And 7 Star is reasonably priced by comparison to other restaurants of the same type in bigger Canadian cities.

Visited August 2013
Petawawa, Canada
“Too much good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very good sushi and Chinese food! I had a hard time choosing because of all the options but I guess that's good thing.
Polite service, flavorful food at a affordable cost. A unique treat for a small town.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone passing by, or to anyone that would like to try something different.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Tim J
Ottawa, Canada
“Don't let the pics fool u like they did me.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was quite disappointed because the other reviews made this place seam really good.I suppose it could be if you have nothing to compare it to. They advertise "all you can eat" but it comes with a large side of guilt. The owner was rude in her coments but then laughs it off as if to make what she said ok.The owner tries to be friendly but I find her to be overtly loud. She got visibly upset when we placed a second order, so much so that the other patrons were looking at us and each other in disbelief. This is unaceptable to me as we were respectful not to wast food and ate moderate- minimal amounts. I came with my fiancé and we both felt she hovered not allowing us to enjoy our meal. They "forgot" multiple items checked off on the menu card ( I suppose on purpose). And we did not receive some items at all! She was pushy trying to up-sale us bubble tea, and a la cart options $$. Her sushi menu looks extensive, but in reality unless you order white tuna or salmon....good luck getting your fish because they don't have it. Instead of owning up to it they just bring you what they think you should have, as if you won't notice? Also the food is inconsistent, portions, thickness shape and size. 3 times I've given 7Star a try and 3 times its been very different but never worth the price $$. The owner is Chinese not Japanese, and that's ok! But perhaps her Chinese dishes are a better value then the sushi & rolls? I suggest save your money or go the extra distance to Kanata. This place is just" ok", if you can't settle a craving.But don't expect to be blown away by the service, food or price. Bummer!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank OttValleyEatsRiview
Ontario
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We travel from Pembroke/Petawawa fairly often just to get our sushi fix. The sushi is delicious and Annie (the owner) is a hoot! If you are a first-timer, don't be afraid to go - Annie will talk you through the whole process. Depending on how busy the restaurant is, you may have a bit of a wait for your food, but it is worth the wait! And unlike some AYCE sushi restaurants, we have never not received everything we've ordered. If you love sushi, GO!! You will not be disappointed!!

• Visited July 2013