“Good Value for the Money”

Days Inn & Conference Centre Renfrew
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Renfrew
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The room was clean, the place was quiet, the buffet breakfast the first morning was passable, but on the second morning, it was cooked to order and delicious. They also had great lunch specials at great prices. The food was very good. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank caplanjoel

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were passing through Renfrew on our way to Montreal, and found this to be a comfortable and affordable place to stay. We stayed in the hotel for dinner which was very good Indian food, and enjoyed a good game of virtual golf afterward. Sean even lent us his clubs and gave us some pro tips to get us out of the rough!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tom K
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel itself was adequate. The resataraunt on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. What they called a breakfast buffet was a complete joke. Scrambled eggs that were only luke warm, sausage that was greasy, and close to burned home fries. They did have cereal and a bit of fruit. Some bacon and possibly croissants or danish would have been a help.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
3  Thank CAMERON O
Nishan D, Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre Renfrew, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at our property. The comments we receive from our guests allow us to continuously improve.
Although it appears that we may not have exceeded your expectations, I do hope that you were able to enjoy your stay as we do pride ourselves as being a leader in quality service.
Our goal is to deliver an inspired experience to all of our guests with our service and product, and I am very sorry that this was not the case for you. Your feedback on some of the items has been forwarded to the appropriate departments to identify and solve the issues.
I am surprised to read your comments about our breakfast. Our breakfast is more than just a continental offering as we strive to ensure that there is something for everyone and is rated amongst the highest within the Best Western brand. I hope you might contact me personally so we may discuss your stay and so I may get further details from you to follow up with our team on these items.
You may reach me by calling the hotel at 613-432-8109 or by emailing me at nishan@bestwesternrenfrewinn.com
Again, please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations and I look forward to hearing from you to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I realize this isn't a Hilton but I just stayed there and the rooms were very clean, the bar was good and they have a virtual golf game that's really fun. The unexpected surprise was how good the Indian food is if you order what the chef says is "the special".
I was slightly hesitant to stay here based on the previous reviews but I travel a lot and the comments people had were addressed. I will stay here again when I come back.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Dougwestfl

Dear Guest

would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Best Western Renfrew Inn. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the great Indian food, Our staff enjoy very much reading the reviews that guests such as yourself post so we will be sure to share your positive experience with them.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Best Regards

Reviewed November 26, 2012

It's really the only place to stay..unless you like grandma's bed & breakfast. A little too pricey for what you get. But I guess that's the deal when you're the only game in town. The room was clean, the service, friendly. Beware your top sheet! It tends to slip off in the middle of the night, and the pillows are incredibly over-stuffed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jellyfruits
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After looking at the on line reviews we were unsure if we wanted to stay at this hotel. Since there are not many choices in Renfrew we decided to give it a try, after all it was only one night. Finally we were not disappointed. We were on the 5th floor. The room although not huge, was very comfortable and very clean. We had a nice queen size bed, large T.V. a table and 2 comfortable chairs with a coffee machine. The hotel was very quiet. People at the front desk were polite and friendly. If you want to do some shopping, it is 2 minutes to Wal Mart, Staples and other stores. We would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were in room 510, the ice machine is very close to the room. It was very quiet. We only had 1 ro...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MitsyBlue
Nishan D, General Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre Renfrew, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Best Western Renfrew Inn.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for posting this experience on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future

Have the BEST day.

Nishan De Silva & staff

Reviewed October 28, 2012

While on a summer vacations we decided to go white water rafting but not wanting to drive a long distance from Ottawa so we decided to stay here because it was the closest to the location. The location was decent (near wal-mart) but that was basically the only pro to this stay. When checking in we noticed that the whole location was out dated. After a long day of driving we decided not to get back in the car and decided to eat there. There was only one server and not a lot of people sitting at tables so we assumed that it would be quick we were wrong. We ordered 2 sandwichs, chicken fingers and a burger. After waiting over an hour for what we thought was quick food we were dissapointed with our food. The burger that was ordered was hard as a puck, the chinchen fingers were full of grease (more than should be there) and the sanwichs were soo dry that after you had taken a large drink just to make it go down. We were not the only ones complaining. A gentleman who just wanted a drink had to waited 45min and then left. With only 5 tables max it the server was never busy. When walking into our room there was a musty like odor (we noticed it throughout our whole floor) and the beds we as hard as a rock. Next time we would rather make the drive then say here!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KStraz26
Nishan D, General Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre Renfrew, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest

I was sorry to hear of the problems you experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on the standard of our service and I have carried out an investigation to find out how we fell short this time.

On behalf of all my staff, I would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that these problems have caused you. In order that you can experience the new accommodation first hand, I would like to offer you free nights in our newly renovated rooms at the basic room rate of $50 per night..

We hope that you will take advantage of our offer and stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Nishan De Silva

Also consider these accommodations in or near Renfrew
Quality Inn Arnprior
Pine Lodge
Pine Lodge
#1 of 1 in Bristol
Calabogie Highlands Golf Resort

Been to Days Inn & Conference Centre Renfrew? Share your experiences!