“What a magical place !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sainte Agathe des Monts
Domaine Ste-Agathe Resort
Vancouver
“What a magical place !”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Le Montagnard (#11) for five days in the winter for a snowshoeing holiday and loved the Domaine.

Here, you wake up to sounds of woodpeckers, the owner Bernard is always ready to suggest fantastic places for breakfast. Also, an owner recommendation, was the snowshoe trails at nearby Val David, then you come back to your cabin's private hot tub, go inside to make a fire in the lovely fireplace, and if you are still in the search for further pleasure, go to your outdoor sauna (which is simply adorable looking)for a while followed by taking a bath in the indoor jet tub: you'll sleep like a log. What a relaxing/exciting/sporty holiday you can have here!

The kitchen has everything you need to make a proper meal, and if you ever get bored, there is a huge variety of games you can borrow from reception. I did not touch the TV but it looked modern and it came with a dvd player. If that was not enough, the domaine, lends snowshoes and cross-country skis and boots free of charge.

The bedding is clean and comfortable. The inside of the chalet feels like your friend's chalet with very homey decor.

I have never met such an accomodating and attentive owner as Bernard, what a difference it is compared to staying at a hotel, the details (such as them providing with balaclavas for the Skidoo users for example) really make you feel at home, welcomed, almost among friends.

The only thing is, smoking is allowed in the chalets, so if you are sensitive to cigarrette smoke, be aware or have a glass of wine, because, well, this is Québec, and I smell cigarrettes everywhere anyway.

The Domaine Sainte Agathe is your only choice in the Laurentians if you are looking for a chalet with private hot tub, fireplace, spacious quarters, and sauna. The rest is just a bonus!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alla-Rustica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were extremely pleased with our recent stay. It was important to us that we had a quiet and relaxing stay, and its exactly what we got.
Very friendly reception and the chalet was perfect. We stayed at the Villager #14 and it was very private on a hillside overlooking the mountains and valleys. The hot tub and sauna were secluded and very clean and in excellent condition.
They have a couple of new snowmobiles on site to rent , which we decided to take advantage of . The trails were very well groomed and they even suited us up with the proper clothing so that we would truly enjoy the ride. Getting to the trail was a bit tricky but once there, it was well worth it.
Grocery stores , drug stores etc were very close, within a few miles. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
lasalle, quebec
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I travel a lot and we like our comfort so we know what we want in a stay and we got it here. We spent 2 nights at this place last weekend and it was amazing. The chalet 32 that we reserved was perfect, a warm homey Suisse chalet with a nice fire place with a big flat screen TV and sound system right beside it and nice leather couches. The chalet has a fully equipped kitchen and a dining area with panoramic views, the rooms are nice with comfortable beds. But the best part is that you have your own private heated pool inside the chalet and outside you have your own private hot spa and a sauna rite at your door step. The owners that run the place are super nice people and they give you great service with a friendly smile every time you need something, they even offered us to use their brand new snow mobiles witch we declined because we where there for only 2 nights, we wanted to enjoy the place.
We recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a special romantic place to relax and enjoy the outdoors, my wife and I are coming back for sure, it was a great experience.
Thanks again to M. Bernard and his staff that made us feel like we where part of there family.

The Duncan's,
Beaconsfield

Room Tip: There is a great choice of chalets, the #32 was perfect!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a first time to the chalet and definately not the last. Good location. Close to city, restaurants even grocery stores............A very peaceful
location. Good getaway, away from the noisy city. Private pool and sauna right in your cottage. This is a must. Very clean, fully equipped kitchen, fireplace was great at night on balcony toasting marshmellows.Mr Bernard the owner. A very nice and very helpful man. What ever you need, even a ride to the village or the grocery store if you dont have a vehicle. Someone is there to help. Just ask at the reception house at your arrival. This is a must visit . You wont regret it.

Chameau, Aligator

Room Tip: Chalets with interior pool. FANTASTIC
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dollard des Ormeaux
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was the first time I visited this resort, but definately not the last. If you want to experience total tranquality in a beatiful private chalet, this is the place. The chalet was super clean, fully equipped and beautifully furnished. The kitchen had everything you need including a fondu set. If you want to just relax, lay back this is the place. My wife was totally stressed before we got there and was totally relaxed when we left. The people at the front desk were very welcoming and provided answers to every and any questions we had. It's not far from Montreal and is close to whatever stores you need.

Room Tip: Only saw the one chalet, but I had friends stay at another chalet and they also had nothing but good...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I just love the place! The location is perfect, now that I am a mother if a 1year old, the proximity of the downtown is good, just in case I forgot a little something for my child! But once in the mountain, you totally forget about the city...
I went there when I was pregnant to swim in the pool in the privacy of my chalet, it was a warm water and was wonderful for my back pains!
One week after I gave birth, I've spent a week there with my newborn and the staff offered me a crib! My baby and I could concentrate our first week with no stress or worries, just the two of us!
For his first birthday, we went there again to remember how we've spent our first week together and start the new year on good base!!
I recommend it to all the future mother to be!

• Stayed September 2013
la libertad, ecuador
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed here again with my wife for a quiet weekend in August and enjoyed every minute of it. We told staff to basically leave us be and we were cooped up in the chalet for the weekend, used the pool and the wifi, the tvs and had a serious bout of peace and quiet. Nice and clean, although I noticed that some people may think it is easy to keep these places clean here out in he boonies when there are so many bugs and other insects...always a bit of a challenge when close to nature keeping everything hunky dory ...quite a task at the best of times. Pool was nice and clear and everything seemed to work well. We were not disappointed, certainly will return for another weekend at some point.

Room Tip: Speak to Bernard if he is there. Get a chalet with a pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Val David
Auberge de La Tour du Lac
Auberge de La Tour du Lac
#1 of 8 in Sainte Agathe des Monts

Been to Domaine Ste-Agathe Resort? Share your experiences!