“Gone downhill”

Restaurant Papa Luigi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This restaurant used to be our absolute favorite and we loved that everything was home made and fresh. Lately, there is a flavor that is not homemade....however it's the service that's really changed things for us. For example, one evening I asked for a Grand Marnier after dinner.... I got the dregs and it was not even 1/2 an ounce that got poured out of the end of the bottle. When I politely commented on it, my inquiry was not received very well. A new bottle with a new serving was not given. Rather, I was told "it's an ounce"..... (period.....). I thought given that our bill was almost $200, this was a bit of a negative attitude. And again, the sauces etc. on the salads and pasta now taste like they are out of a container and not home made. Very disappointing.

1  Thank PeterCarolynn

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Being allergic to certain food, we had made a special demand about it and were entirely satisfied with our demands. The service was over the top and the server very attentionate and hepfull. The food was wonderfully prepared, very tasty and cooked has required. I wish every restaurant could supply such a good servive.

1  Thank JPDR1942
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Hum... We were having high expectations but we were really disapointed... Service is too 'loud', not enough discrete ot even respectful... Nothing out of the ordinary with the food and the presentation. The 'steak petillant' is good for the 'show' but we give a 1 on a scale of 10 for taste... Sorry, there are a lot of better choices in Saint-Sauveur !

1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My hubby and I had been to Papa Luigi a few years ago and were not impressed by the food and the prices. We won coupons to eat there so we returned and even with a 50$ coupon had to pay around 60$ extra for a meal that was not so good. For Italiann cuisine in St-Sauveur, Gio's or Le Vieux Four are cheaper and the food tastes better

1  Thank natrick12
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I had the filet mignon and my friend the "steack petillant" it was really good. Tender and perfectly cooked.
Second time here and we will go back for sure.