“GREAT DAY!”

Mont Saint-Sauveur Parc Aquatique
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The biggest Water Park in a mountain setting. Activity for the whole family ! Parc F.U.N. with his 4 rides for the 3 to 12 years old. The Parc F.U.N. access is included when you buy a Water park ticket. Glide from the tree tops aboard the double zip line the Dragon, enjoying the magnificent view of the Saint-Sauveur Valley as adrenaline rushes through you. For those who like adrenaline, try The Viking, a single car slides freely in a series of step descents and circular curves on a track cut through rugged mountain terrain. The passenger can control the speed of the ride. Meaning, he can choose not to brake or go as fast as he wants or go slower and take more of a scenic-type ride. Cabanas: The Water Park transforms itself into the perfect oasis. Treat yourself to some comfort by booking your own private cabanas! Upgrade your outing on the biggest Water Park in a mountain setting by booking your own dream getaway.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great day! Record heat day but lots of shade and picnic tables and lawn chairs and not too crowded on a Monday with minimal line-ups. Three kids loved better than Calypso and all wore water shoes but most paths had asphalt walkways covered in green indoor/outdoor carpeting as I was bare feet no problem. Lots of lifeguard staff but they seem young. Lots of lockers and bathrooms and food was fine - hotdogs and fries and pop and chips. Love that we are allowed to bring in cooler and water unlike Toronto's Wonderland. Calypso has one main kiddie area and therefore one adult stuck there away from rest of family but here at parc aquatique: there are several areas for young kids mixed in with older kid rides such as teacups and planes while older kids on dragon and viking and many rides they can ride together. Unfortunately not all rides opened at park opening so if you planned to go in a certain order to gradually work up to the thrill rides - you may be disappointed. We started with lazy river and then had to wait for the manic river to open (signs confusing as park site calls it Manic and map and online call it Manicouagan). kids loved Manic and we rode manic 4 times and then twice again later as I felt seasick - feels like whitewater tubing in a circle! NO lines for viking or dragon maybe because extra $6 per person per ride. LOVED that we could do viking and dragon in bathing suits and didn't need to change. Viking is like Ridge Runner alpine coaster at Blue Mountain with almost the same size track length up (460m viking and 475m for ridge runner) and both 1085m track length down but viking is slightly slower at 35kph instead of 42kph. My 6yr old loved the Tandem and rode it endlessly then she was ready for the torrents over and over again. Next we did the Riviere Rouge and Riviere du Nord and the Niagara with no problem for age 6, 11 & 12 - pitch black tunnel. They all loved the super wave pool and barrel which was nice and cool but the pool spa was too warm on such a hot day. My 6 yr old was not interested in the mini splash, train, bumper boat, nor children's island but really enjoyed the twisters - the only tubeless rides. Almost all rides are tandem which is great for families. My husband and my 11 & 12 yr old took ski lift up to Riviere Grands Remous and Riviere Grandes Cascades and walked back down without doing ride as it didn't look safe to them. I did the Colorade with my 11 yr old and would never again - too rough, too scary, lifted off boat continuously, would fly off if didn't hold on tight! Slammed into wall of water over and over again - felt like drowning as waves hit us over and over. Very scary.

1  Thank misled m
"bare feet"
"unique experience"
"free parking"

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our familly visited this water park in July 2013. The enterance fees are too expensive. Also some of the water rides are mot safe at all and very danderous ... I visited hundreds of "wild" waterfalls, did rafting and so on, but never had any problems... in this park , on The « Grands Remous » River and The « Grandes Cascades » River you don't have control at all and those tube are very unstable, I flipped over and hit my back and chest very hard... couldn't move for some time...
Never going to this park anymore.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a great day here with my two kids and some of their friends, last Sunday in +30 degrees weather. The park is very well appointed, with many tables and green areas to set camp for the day. Most rides are not too hard core (for my taste), except the "Colorado", where my 15 year old son and his friend got a few scratches and bruises.
Also note that, in spite of having carpets in some walkways, most of them are asphalt. So on hot sunny days they become too hot for comfort. At noon, everyone was running for the grass not to get burned feet. It's best to bring beach shoes or a pair of cheap sandals you leave at the end of the ride. The park should do something for this.

3  Thank Ruessavel
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were visiting family in St. Sauveur and were looking forward to a day at the water park. It happened to be a "construction" holiday (apparently all construction workers get the same day off?) and there were huge crowds. On the Manicougan (sp?) River there were dozens of adults holding onto each other's tubes and creating a giant raft. When the wave machine picked them up, they came down en masse and smashed into my tube and the tube my daughter was on. I hit my head on the wall hard enough to almost black out and my ten-year-old daughter was thrown off her tube and submerged under the aforementioned huge raft of people. I don't know how she did it but my sister-in-law plunged her arm in and managed to snag my daughter by the hair. I pulled her onto my lap and she was of course terrified. I was absolutely livid that the "lifeguards" did nothing to stop this group of adults from forming their huge raft but were quite quick to blow their whistles and yell at me in French that only one person was allowed per tube. Well her tube was nowhere to be seen, presumably still trapped under the giant group. I firmly believe that had my sister-in-law not grabbed my daughter there would very likely have been a drowning that day. I still feel physically sick when I remember. I do not believe that the staff on duty realize the responsibility they hold and the potential consequences of not enforcing safety.

5  Thank jkacbe