“Gio's is a great restaurant in St-Sauveur” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gio's Vino & Pasta

Gio's Vino & Pasta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
“Gio's is a great restaurant in St-Sauveur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great place to dine in St-Sauveur. Inviting terrace to savour your favorite wine or preferred drink before ordering from their extensive menu. Best tapas, italian dishes, and other house specialties always prepared with love and served by a well trained personnel. Owners often take time to come and talk to their customers.

Loved the place and will be back!

• Visited June 2014

“Really Good Pasta!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I ate pasta della casa, and it was really really delicious!! The espresso wasn't an italian espresso!

Montreal, Canada
“Nice Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

After a nice day at the Polar Bear Spa my daughter and I decided to stop in for some Pasta! I ordered the Fettuccini Carbonara and my daughter the house special pizza. It was delicious. The service was excellent!

“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

News owner bought the restaurant recently as it shows. I must had the best veal parmagiana ever and great beef carpaccio
Nice cozy place

1 Thank Macdar
mille-isles
“A little slow on a busy night, but friendly and good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went this past Saturday, August 25th. Sunny, busy and the music festival was going on. It was 8:00 and everywhere was busy. We were happy to get a nice table on the front (non-smoking) terrace. It seemed to take a long time (20 minutes) for our drink and food order to be taken and although it was busy, it was not like we saw the wait staff unduly busy with our section. They seemed to really disappear. The waitress was pleasant though and although we are bilingual we began the discussion in English and she was pleasant and friendly and did her best to provide service in English. A dirty fork was dealt with wonderfully and respectfully.

My friend ordered the garlic bread au gratin and I had the cheese/tomato plate as appetizers. I felt extremely uncomfortable with the size of my appetizer compared to my friend's (2 pieces of bread) and I shared. Mine was delicious! I ordered seafood pasta and my friend ordered the chicken and salad and both meals were delicious (nice selection of clams on mine!). When it was time for dessert, we were not hungry for it (due to good sized portions, but also slow service beforehand).

Overall, a very nice night out. An added server might have made the service just that much quicker (2 full hours for a very simple dinner). But the food was much better than it has been in the past.

• Visited August 2012