“Vive la difference”

Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This restaurant located in the East sector of Rue Principale is a notch above most others on the street. Great for breakfast and lunch; we've never been there for supper. Food is always very tasty and service is excellent. While not billed as a "health food" place, one nonetheless feels they make a healthy choice in food selection and preparation. Creative menu would also well describe this place. Nice crowd as well; people who seem to enjoy better food from their restaurant. My wife says it's her favourite restaurant in St-Sauveur.

1  Thank Guy T

Reviewed July 30, 2014

There are so many restos in Saint Sauveur, it is easy to pick the wrong one! For me it can be hard to find the right one as I prefer to eat vegetarian and Quebec restos tend to feature meat and seafood. When there is a veg. dish it usually is mushroom based, not my fave. I Chose O et P based on the many veggie friendly menu options for me and the meat/fish options available for the rest of our party. There were also a number of rice pasta dishes that seemed to be gluten-free.

Our table ordered a variety of dishes. Some chose to stick to the $25.00 Table d'Hote menu that offered 3/4 courses from monday thru Friday. For me that was too much food! I had a lovely salad and a pasta dish. Everyone loved their food, no one could finish the very generous portions! The only dish that was a bit of a let-down for me was there special chocolate cake, which was more of a mousse, and to me, was not worth the calories. The Food presentation was very pretty - above average for the local. Service was great and bilingual!!

Very reasonable prices! This place seems to be better known for their breakfasts, but I will be returning for dinner! Loved eating on the deck, but the inside looked very nice - modern, not cottage kitshy.

1  Thank exmontrealgirl
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our family loves the excellent quality, flavourful yet natural, lovely presentation. Healthy , creative breakfasts, great for lunch as well.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The location is very nice - it is on the main street, yet on the part that is not too noisy, so one can sit on the elevated, covered terrace and enjoy a meal with a view. The service is personable and efficient too. I was having my coffee and watched those large dishes being served to the other tables and was impressed with the choice available and the ample quantities of food on the plates. Mine was a French Toast covered with slices of apples and pears topped with a strawberry and fresh mint and of course syrup. It was tasty - the coffee cup was just the right size so when they came to top it I was ready for a refill. This restaurant also serves lunch and dinner. Will have to try it again.

1  Thank Ilania
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I just happened to go here for a breakfast with a friend one day and then my lunch date the next day suggested this place so I went again. It is not my normal routine to eat out everyday be rest assured.
Lovely plate presentation and some different menu items, which tickled our fancy and would make me say try this for any type of occasion. Large meal portions, one person at our table felt that their beer measure was very short but did not complain, and we all took different menu items and it was all excellently fresh - well done. The decor is clean and the toilets presentable with good attention to detail, there is plenty of outdoor seating, good service, not fast but that is to be expected with the care that is being taken in the kitchen. Not much parking behind the property so it might be best to go on the street.
Now all that remains is for me to try it for my supper date:)

1  Thank Catherine D