“Great weekend getaway”

Auberge Sous l'Edredon
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We were warmly welcomed by Stephane, our host, who took us on a quick tour of the house. Everything was clean and well-maintained (and the decor was pleasant as well). Our room was small, but cozy and not missing anything. After heading out for supper, we returned in the evening and fetched the robes provided in our rooms and went out on the back deck into the jacuzzi (with a view onto ski hills in the distance) as it began to snow lightly. Returning to the room, we slept soundly and headed to the dining room for breakfast the next morning where we were served a tasty and satisfying breakfast. The eggs benedict were great!

To sum it up: no complaints, relaxing and welcoming ambiance, excellent service that goes above and beyond (thanks Stephane), great food, comfortable room, jacuzzi. I'd have no problem recommending Sous l'Edredon to anyone and I would return again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Over the years, I have stayed in many great bed and breakfast. Auberge Sous L'Edredon is a cute bed and breakfast with very clean and nicely decorated rooms. It serves great breakfast with homemade biscotti and Eggs Benedict. However, what really makes this place special is the welcoming atmosphere its owner is able to create. Stephane was there when I arrived. When I arrived, I saw him talking to several other guests, who were sitting in the living enjoying a glass of wine. After we checked in, Stephane stayed in the living room and continued to chat with various guests. It was one of the only B&Bs where I felt 100% comfortable sitting in the living room and socializing with other guests. Often times, owners of other b&b would check us in and slowly disappear. Even though there are usually common areas, you rarely see guests sitting leisurely at the common areas with a glass of win. We also brought our new born baby and Stephane continued to be extremely helpful and accommodating.
As for the room, we stayed in room "Diamond". It has a rustic and beautiful fireplace. However, the shower is quite small. Stephane did mention that he is in the process of renovating the bathroom in room "Diamond". I also visited other rooms and the bathrooms have obviously been recently renovated.
If you are looking for a relaxing and welcoming stay. I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Room Diamond has an amazing fireplace. But, the bathroom is quite small when I stayed there, especia...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Terrific service, very comfortable room, best breakfast (much better than Cora's), and relaxed surroundings make this THE place for a get-away. And, it's a bargin to boot. I predict that a few years from now, you'll need to make reservations months in advance.

Room Tip: Fire place is nice on cool evenings.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

6 rooms are available; nice outdoor pool; great breakfast; Stephane is available to help you out. Just keep in mind that you are not in downtown St-Sauveur, so you are a 5 minutes by car out of the main strip...but its nice and quiet...so worth it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This is the real deal. This was my second stay at a bed & breakfast. My first was in Cape Code last summer at twice the price. This place is nicer. The rooms are small but are decorated as nice as any hotel I've been in. The bathroom is wow! The bed is very comfortable(very). The entire place is so clean. Stefano is amazing. I would like to hire him for my company. He does everything and can't help you enough. Always happy. Breakfast cannot be missed. Best breakfast I have had anywhere. Way too much food and service with a smile. This place was a find. I will come back.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Great place to stay. Stephane the owner is very kind and welcoming. Nice rooms and very good breakfast, will definitely go back.

Max & Katie

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Nous sommes restés 2 nuits à l'auberge et nous n'avons pas regretté notre choix. Nous étions dans la chambre 'Diamant' avec un foyer et la vue sur la montagne. La chambre était spacieuse, les draps et oreillers de qualité et le petit feu de foyer était le bienvenue! Nous nous sommes délectés des oeufs bénédictines servis lors du samedi matin. Définitivement un 4 soleils fort si nous comparons aux autres auberges que nous avons visitées dans les Laurentides!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Morin Heights
Le Petit Clocher
Le Petit Clocher
#2 of 7 in Saint Sauveur des Monts

Been to Auberge Sous l'Edredon? Share your experiences!