“Wonderful Service”

Braxton's On Talbot
Ranked #33 of 81 Restaurants in Saint Thomas
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant and it was warm and friendly and had an awesome menu. Our waitress was amazing and the food was excellent. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank april c

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I gave this local restaurant a try because they offered a groupon which I use to afford and try new places. They cooked my steak as I ordered although it did have quite a bit of sinew. The beans were very well cooked but slightly over salted. I was advised to try the baked potato option and am glad I did. My wife had the cashew chicken over rice which was good and plentiful. She couldn't finish it so we have leftovers, Next time I return, I'll ask them to halve the salt for me.

1  Thank MikeDown
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The best part of our experience was the waitress. She was very nice, attentive and helpful.
The food was average at best. We tried the potato skins and they were on the bland side and dripping with grease. Why not let the grease run off for a few seconds before putting them on a plate? We were surprised how bland they were; with bacon bits and Cheddar they should have been tasty. Beef sandwich was average, rather dry. Fries looked home made but didn't taste it. Fettucine Alfredo also lacked flavour and the alfredo sauce had separated into an oily substance by the time it got to the table. Overall a rather disappointing experience.

1  Thank Christine A
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have NEVER wrote a review for a restaurant in my life...that being said I felt I needed to tell people about this one. This is our second trip to Braxton's (first was a group-on which was average at best, everything was very plain tasting. I could make better at home). Came back tonight to try the burger special for $5.99 which again was average at best. But the icing on the cake was my sons kids meal. He got the chicken strips and fries. My husband started to cut the chicken into pieces (thank god he did!) when the inside of the chicken was not only pink but fresh from the freezer RAW. NOT EVEN REMOTELY COOKED!! I couldn't believe it when I saw it, I didn't even know what I was looking at. The waitress was very nice and she was also disgusted by it when we showed her. They took the kids meal off our bill but it still doesn't make up for the raw chicken I almost fed my child!! NEVER AGAIN

1  Thank Heather H
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We used a groupon to try this restaurant ~ otherwise, wouldn't have even known it existed. Very low profile from the street & enter off the back parking lot. Very much a grill, casual atmosphere..is this the same place as Braxtons on Wellington st under roadhouse (#17)? Regardless, the potato skins were great as a shared app,as were the deep fried pickles. The chicken fajitias were tasty & plentiful. Salmon as well done as the main as well & an huge baked potato. The only disappointment was the 'special' - fish & chip - huge piece of OILY greasy fish. Yuck. Too bad, because, I'm sure a lot of people would order it. Wasn't cheap either. Waitress was friendly, but no idea what her name was.

1  Thank Susan M