“Great family restaurant”

Braxton's On Talbot
Ranked #30 of 79 Restaurants in Saint Thomas
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Another fine restaurant that has a very cozy atmosphere with a huge fireplace in the middle of the dining room. Food was good and service was okay but saying that we were with a large group. Prices are a bit high.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our party of five have eaten at Braxton's many times. Every time the food is hot and tasty. The wait staff are well trained and very pleasant, always willing when asked for extra this or that. Our latest visit was excellent. Everyone got exactly what they ordered and we all enjoyed our varied meals. My burger was really good. Another ordered a chicken cashew stir fry and raved about it. The chicken wings were big and delicious. We will be back, soon I hope.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have visited about twice a year and the food has always been average (but with little restaurant choices in St Thomas we find ourselves coming back). We just visited a few weeks ago and I have to say the food was terrible - to the point that I felt I had to make a review. My husband and our 2 kids all had meals that were terrible. We ordered a spinach dip to start - when it came it was white with maybe had a teaspoon size of spinach leaves thrown in. It tasted like warm sour cream - you could not even remotely taste spinach or any seasoning of any kind. I ordered Fajitas - which came to the table on one of those normally sizzling pans - well it was not hot, sizzling or even warm - it was lukewarm chicken that was uncooked and 2 or the only 3 fajita shells were ripped. Hubby ordered a caesar salad (which came looking very bland and as if it sat out for hours) and a burger he could barely stomach. My daughter had nachos which I would not easily pick apart for her (like it sat under a heat lamp for 12 hours) and my son had pizza that was cold and dried out looking. Our meal was $80 and we literally went home and ate sandwiches after as we are starving. I still tipped well as our waitress was great and I told her at the end that she did a great job but that our food was poor. To be honest we never complain etc about food and we did not ask for a reduction in price or anything but I REALLY felt the need to tell our server that she was great but that we will not be coming back. Very disappointing!!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

My wife and I have been to this restaurant a few times and our experiences are usually the same. The food is usually pretty good. Nothing too special but not garbage either. The food is usually puctual as well. I don't find were waiting forever to eat. The service on the other hand is bellow average. The servers gosip at the bar in front of everyone. When I had a problem with the food I didn't get much of an apology and they gave me a dollar off my $34 bill. Not the greatest place to eat in town.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Nothing special, just average. Lots of booths, nice fireplace in winter.