“Local Seafood”

Log Cabin Restaurant
Gallatin, Tennessee
“Local Seafood”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

This is not really for tourists and that's a good thing. Fairly quiet on a Monday night and the service was fine. We had the fish and chips and local clams. My wife gave five stars to the clams and the haddock was very good. The French fries were tasty and abundant. Are Canadian restaurants in some sort of contest for the smallest serving of cole slaw? NOT a condiment. Would like to try breakfast.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank OldOldBob

Toronto, Canada
“Woodstock must eat”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

The service was quick and friendly, the food was indulgent, freshly made and super delicious. We will totally come back here the next time we're in Woodstock. Thanks, Colin!

• Visited August 2014
Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada
“Colin's Log Cabin Diner (LCD)”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The name of this place is actually Colin's Log Cabin Diner and affectionately called LCD by the locals (and in the menu).

Based on good reviews here we stopped for dinner. Luckily we got there before the local throngs arrived and got a seat. As we had dinner the lines got longer. My wife got the fish and chips and upgraded to sweet potato fries, I got the ribs and wing combo. Everything was very good, my wife said the sweet potato fries were the best she's had. My fries were fresh and abundant, I wish I could have finished them but there were so many. I would love to try their breakfast if we come this way again.
Only issue was they messed up my order, I got riblets instead of a full rack of ribs. I had no clue that I was supposed to get more but they said they were making my full rack. But there was no way I could have eaten that much so I was happy with what I was given and told them so. The waitress charged me about half the price of what I ordered so I was very happy with both the lesser ribs and the lower bill. So even their mistake made me happy. I would certainly eat here again.

• Visited August 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great little place, with what was good home cooked meals.”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Really liked the server she was funny and helpful while ordering our meals. Exchange rate was par. The place was clean and only a few miles from the hotel. Parking was not a problem for the two Harley Davidson Motor cycles.

Visited July 2014
Oshawa, Canada
“Colins Log Cabin Dinner - A MUST visit!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you are in the Woodstock NB area and are hungry, Colins Log Cabin Restaurant located at 539 Main Street is a MUST visit.The restaurant is open 8am til 11pm daily.My wife and I visited Woodstock for a 5 day period.We ate at the restaurant TWICE a day EVERY day!! There are many options in town (fast food, pizza, pub style restaurant) but this is THE PLACE to be!The place is unassuming from the road with a gravel parking lot, but don't drive by, drop in and you will be very pleased!This restaurant has been in business for 40 yrs and was recently taken over by Colin, who moved back from Ontario to his roots to continue on the tradition of great home cooked food at reasonable prices.Every staff member is friendly and knowledgeable and will work hard to make your dinning experience a great one!The food, well, it cant be beat! Great home cooked breakfast's with the freshest eggs we have ever eaten! Great lunches and dinners.Classic food with some twist's (try the Club Sandwich with beef - a hamburger- instead of the classic club). Everything is fresh and homemade.You wont go wrong with anything you choose.GUARANTEED! The choices are endless.If you are in the area, drop in, talk to Colin and his staff and fill up on great food!!

Dave and Jennifer, Oshawa Ont.

Visited July 2014