“Great family hotel”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Saint John, Canada
“Great family hotel”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel is a newer hotel, and it seems to be in the "hot end" of town. Conveniently located just off the highway, it was very easy to find.
There are plenty of resturants near by, and even a small movie theatre so you don't have to travel far for food or entertainment.
We stayed here during a hockey tournament, and even though it was very busy because of the multiple guests the staff were always super friendly and helpful.
The rooms were extremely clean, and every spacious. Pool was great for the kids, but the chlorine was really strong, so we had to limit how long we swam. They also have free movie rentals at the front desk which was a life saver when we got stuck in a snow storm before we left. The breakfast offered was amazing. So many different items to choose from, and all made fresh. It was a great way to end our amazing stay in Woodstock. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful kind words about our hotel and staff. I have glad to hear that my staff went above and beyond to make your stay the best it could be. We pride ourselves in phenomenal customer service, so I am always happy to hear these great reviews. We look forward to you coming and staying again with your child's hockey team this winter.

Gina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good location, friendly staff. Easy to get to from the TransCanada. Only negatives were the breakfast room is too far from the lobby and there is no mini fridge in the rooms. Otherwise a convenient stopover on the way to the MARITIMES.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments in regard to the staff. In regards to the location of the breakfast room, yes it is a good distance away from the lobby, sorry for that inconvenience. Some of our rooms do have mini fridges and microwaves, just not our standard rooms. All of the extended stay rooms and suites have them. Sorry you were not in a room with a fridge. Look forward to having you come and stay again soon!

Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We often stay at this hotel everytime we come to Woodstock. It is a clean, cozy hotel. You can curl up on your bed drinking coffee/tea/hot chocolate from the lobby while watching one of the many free movie choices from the front desk! Everytime we go we always take out a couple free/ new release movies! The staff is friendly. The pool is average. The rooms are clean. Overall this is a great hotel in Woodstock.

• Stayed August 2012
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The movies add just an extra touch to the experience while staying here. We try to update them regularly to make sure we have a wide range to meet people's tastes in films. Thank you for all your kind words about our staff and hotel. I will make sure to pass them along. We try to make sure that everyone feels at home while away from home when staying here.

Goose Bay, Labrador Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is an excellent place to stay. It has maintained the quality and service since our last visit a few years ago. The rooms are huge, hotel is very clean and neat. Pool was great for the kids. There is additional parking in the rear as well. Would stay here again for sure!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in maintaining a beautiful hotel as well as making sure each and every guests has an outstanding experience while staying here. Hope you will come and stay again soon.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I showed up without a reservation, as my stay was a last minute decision. Having stayed with Best Western quite frequently for business purposes, I have come to like the Best Western Hotels quite a bit. I was not disappointed! The staff was very helpful. They initially didn't have any rooms available for that night (I was staying in the area for 4 nights), but after some searching around, they found a room that had just been cleaned and was available due to an early checkout. Prior to finding this room, they were helpful enough to point me towards other hotels in the area that I could stay at. I did have to move from one room to another after my first night, but I got a pretty nice upgrade (I guess being a Diamond member helps!) into one of their very nice suites! The self serve breakfast in the morning was very nice as well, and the staff was right there with fresh food so that it didn't run out!

Excellent service! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I am glad to hear that my staff was able to help you find another hotel at first, but I am even more happy that you were able to stay with us in the end. I am glad that you enjoyed our deluxe continental breakfast as well. I hope you will come and stay again in the future.

Mabou, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This our third time staying at this hotel while travelling to the USA. The hotel is very well located in proximity to the border crossing and is just off the Trans Canada highway. The hotel was clean and well appointed and after arriving very late we were welcomed by a very friendly front desk clerk. Breakfast in the morning was good and all the staff seemed very friendly. I highly recommend this hotel for travellers

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that my staff made you feel very welcomed. we pride ourselves in our customer service and making sure that every customer has a wonderful stay and receives the best customer service possible. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Gina McHatten
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were on our way throught the maritimes and this was a stop on the way at the end of a long day. The hotel was lovely. I think it must be fairly new. The front desk staff were great and told us where we could find supper. The rooms were also very nice and we enjoyed our brief stay.
The nice thing about new hotels is that they are much more sound proof than hotels of old and you get a better night's sleep. Our room was overlooking the parking lot but very quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff does a wonderful job at making sure our hotel is clean and beautiful. we are actually 8 years old. We opened in June of 2005. Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will make sure I let the staff know about your kind words.

Gina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB
#1 of 3 in Houlton
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!