“Great rooms, Excellent Customer Service”

Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Halifax, Canada
“Great rooms, Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went to This Best Western just off Highway 2 in Woodstock, very conveniently located and the rooms was great. Although I though that for being off the big tourist season (January 2, 2013), the rate was a bit steep, but still very good.
I was unlucky enough to have my room on the same floor as a hockey team (15-16-17 year old players) and they were a very noisy bunch, with no respect to others. After having told a few of them to quiet down, I complained to the front des, the person (Heather) was very nice and gave me another room, and what a room... the big suite with separate living room with gaz fire place, Jaccuzi type bath tub (made my wife very happy), hue TV in living room and one in room. I have been to more expansive hotels with a reputation to be good (Queen Elizabeth in Montreal) and I can easily say this Best Western was the best hotel I had ever been to.
Again, the front desk manager (Heather) was great helping me with this experience.
And to complete this on an even better note, the breakfast was very good... they have a waffle machine, scambled eggs, sausage, cereals, muffins, toasts, juice, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, all that was all included. So maybe after all wasn't so expansive after all.

Room Tip: If you want the big suite, room 116 (most likely more expansive, but if you want to spoil yourself o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for all your kind words about our staff. I am sorry to hear about the issue with the teams, but I am glad to hear that Heather was able to change your room to allow you to have a wonderful stay. I hope you will come and stay with us again in the future!

Gina McHatten

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We recently traveled into the area on business. The hotel room was extremely nice and updated. It was an excellent place to stay.

Highly recommend it - the staff made some excellent recommendations for a restaurant in the area and it was fantastic. We went out for breakfast so cannot comment on the hotel bkfst which was included. I travel a lot and like to get some variety and see some other spots other than just the hotel restaurant - glad we did.

Really recommend this place if in the area! We'll stay again when back on business.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments about our hotel. I am glad our staff was able to recommend a wonderful place to eat. We look foward to you coming and staying with us again in the future.

Saint Andrews, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel for a few days. Could not ask for a nicer spot. The rooms are great, decor is very nice. Had a great time hanging at the bar and lounge area. Everything you need is there and it is so handy to grocery stores, shopping and fast food. We would most definetly return to this hotel. Far exceeded our expectations. Staff very pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the lounge. Is it definetely an assit for us to be so close to the downtown area. We look forward to having you come and stay with us again in the future!

Shediac, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel was very clean. The entry was very welcoming. The rooms were very clean. Very good service. The breakfast had minimal choices. The only negative I have is that you couldn't run the fan in the room at night. With a child with allergies, it's important to have the air circulated in the room at night that has carpet. All in all, we had good service and the hotel is very clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I am very sorry about the fan in your room. I can see how that would have been a problem for you. I will pass this information on to our maintenance man and get it looked into. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Hockey weekends are definetly a busy time at the hotel. Please come and stay again!

Dixon, IL
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here twice - on our way to and from Cape Breton. The facility is great. The staff was welcoming, warm, friendly and very accomodating.. Our rooms were beautiful. The beds were comfortable. When our 4 year old granddaughter first saw our room, she exclaimed, "I wish this was MY bedroom!" We arrived tired from a long day's drive, but left refreshed after a good night's sleep and a teriffic full breakfast. Our granddaughters enjoyed swimming in the pool, although it was a bit cool. They especially liked riding on the luggage cart while loading & unloading our van. The only suggestion I could make for an improvement would be to put some sound baffles in the breakfast area, which can get quite noisy when it's full. Still, this is an awesome place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bearded_bard
I am pleased to hear that you had such a great time at our hotel. It sounds like your granddaughters had a blast. Those trollys are a fun way to get around. We hope you will be able to come and stay with us again in the future.

maritimes
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great hotel. Super clean, nice size room, good breakfast, very friendly staff..perfect stay.
Recently stayed here for two nights, one on the way down to New Hampshire and again on the way home. Very impressed with this property. When returning to the States, we will definetly stay here again..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunlover86
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travel to Hartland on business often and make a point of staying at thos hotel. the people are nice and the small bar is very cozy. if every Best Western was like this one I would stay at more of their hotels. Rooms are what you would expect and the gym is small but still the best option in the area by far.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB
#1 of 3 in Houlton
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!