“Great Service”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
British Columbia
“Great Service”
Reviewed May 21, 2007

I've stayed at the Woodstock Howard Johnson many times during the last 2 years. I am pleased to say that the staff at Howard Johnson were excellent because any needs or concerns that I had, they did their best to make my stay welcome. Also the rooms are beautiful, and the pool was just lots of fun.

I will continue going to the Howard Johnson everytime I pass through Woodstock Howard Jonson.

Well Done!

Paul Mekari

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank Paulzz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2006

This is where you go when there are no other choices. Rooms are small and noisy. Dining room was OK for breakfast. Prices are high for the value received.

• Liked — Proximity to highway
  • Disliked — Small rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go unless you have to.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Willy_Pullen

Travelers are raving about these Woodstock hotels

Connecticut, USA
Reviewed August 6, 2006

My wife and three kids recently stayed at the Howard Johnson's in Woodstock because our first choice (the Best Western) was fully booked. We paid $132.23 after tax for a 2 double-bed room. The Howard Johnson is an old, drive-up-to-your-room motel located on the TransCanada.

Cons

1) We booked online and a fake chat window comes up telling you about a discount, but the catch is that they want to sign you up, for $9.99 a month to your credit card, to the Howard Johnson frequent stay plan. You'll get charged if you don't call to cancel. Thanks, but no thanks.

2) We asked for a cot and received an unhelpful "we don't have cots" instead.

3) The motel is fairly old and dingy, with peeling paint, dirty grout in the bathroom, etc.

4) No breakfast included.

5) The double beds seem somehow smaller than normal double beds. Probably my imagination, but it sure seemed real at 3:00 in the morning. And 3:30. And 4:00... My daughter, the one who didn't get the cot and slept on the floor in a sleeping bag, had the best sleep.

6) Not quite as convenient as the Best Western for getting to restaurants, strip mall, Walmart, and gas station. You have to get back on the highway and get off quickly to get there.

Pros

1) No mice (but the con is that I was fully expecting some).

2) Fairly large pool, and deep too. You have to ask for towels at the front desk. The hot tub was not functioning.

3) An empty fridge in the room, which was handy.

4) The motel makes you feel like jumping in your car at the crack of dawn and completing your long driving trip. It is strangely motivational in that way.

Bottom line - Stay at the Best Western instead, which is what we did on our way back a week later. Same price for a fairly new clean hotel, a room with two queen beds, a cot when we asked for it (at no extra charge), breakfast included, free DVDs, etc. Read the reviews for it. If the Howard Johnson was half the price, maybe it would be a consideration.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — Small uncomfortable beds, lack of cleanliness, etc.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank PassThroughCustoms
Reviewed May 1, 2006

During my trip i happened to pass by Woodstock and stayed at the Howard Johnson's for a couple of days, i must admit that i was very impressed by the quality of service that i got from the courteous staff that worked at the hotel. I was most amazed with the service that the front desk clerk by the name of Sandra had given me. I arrived quite late and to be greated with such a wonderul smile was nice.
When it comes to staying away from home i get quite picky on the quality of rooms but their rooms were not only clean but very comfortable. The fact that they had a restaurant on the premises meant i did not have to go far for a good breakfast or lunch.
I came back home and definately recommended this Motel to all my friends and co-workers.
They should keep up the excellent work and best service.
I would like to say a great big thank you to all the staff at the Howard Johnson in Woodstock New Brunswick for making my stay a memorable one.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2006

I am shocked to read any negative reviews of this fine establishment!!! While passing through Woodstock last August, with a friend and two childern,we recieved nothing but first class service . Under new family ownership.We found VERY clean rooms, plenty of clean towels,linens etc. We received an excellent dinner in the restaurant .Impecable service. I have nothing but praise for the management,and staff. I WOULD RETURN WITHOUT HESITATION !!!!! In fact we did on the way back only to receive same!!!

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 14, 2005

I stayed at this hotel over the past weekend and I would not stay again. There was a problem with the card key to enter the room. The staff worked to rectify the problem and that I give them credit. However, the place is a dump.It is dark and dingy. The rooms were never vacuumed, the sand that I tracked in was under my feet the entire time I stayed. The walls are paper thin. Never mind that you could hear the occupents walking in the other rooms, there was a group staying in the room next to mine and when they got up at 6am, I was up too since the sound of their talking was as if they were in my room. I haven't even mentioned my favorite part and that was the mouse my mother discovered in the basket in the ice machine room.Needless to say I kept my soda in the trunk to keep cold and my belongings were kept zipped in my suitcase. I could go on about the bathroom mirror that must have been a hundred years old as the reflective material has been worn off and when they cut the rug to go around the door moldings, there was at least 2 inches of space between the rug and the wall. Did I mention that they never filled in the holes in the walls where the towel bars used to be? You must be asking what kept me here? The Best Western was completely booked and the Econo Lodge across the street is not any better.Oh, one last thing , the outlet behind the desk stopped working and I cleaned out the coffee pot myself. I have stayed in a variety of hotels and this is probably the all time worse but despirate times call for despirate measures.This place makes the Bates Motel look like a five star hotel.

• Stayed December 2005
1 Thank lmn2
Reviewed October 25, 2005

The Bed and shower are the most important items I consider when I am traveling. I stayed in a few hotels in the area and Howard Johnston in Woodstock rate up there. Rooms 100 to 105 have been upgraded and are non smoking. The adjecent restaurant has a new cook and their breakfast is outstanding. I do recommend them

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock
John Gyles Music Room & Inn

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB? Share your experiences!