“Good value - Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Stiles Motel

Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Barrhead, Alberta, Canada
“Good value - Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Stiles motel for several nights in July this year and will stay there again. Though the motel is older the rooms are comfortable and very clean. The owners, C.J. and his wife were very friendly and accommodating. The location right on Main Street is very convenient. Price was reasonable and because on our final night we had to leave in the wee hours to get to the airport we were given a discount for that night.
The best part was the Indian food. They offer both Canadian and Indian but we had the Indian food every night. Fresh, homemade and delicious! We were happy to support this family business and would encourage the locals to get on board & check out the great Indian food.
It was very hot while we were there so the air conditioning in the room was great but the restaurant was too warm. Perhaps air conditioning there could have been on but they did bring is fans which helped. A coffeemaker in the room would have been nice also.
They do offer both smoking and non-smoking rooms and have pet friendly rooms as well.

All in all, a very pleasant stay. Oh ya, free wifi too.

Thanks to you both for looking after us. See you next year!

Barb (Alberta)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wasaga Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed for 7 days & I agree that we should help this small business family. Room was clean, bed was comfortable & sheets were regularly changed. C.J. and family were very pleasant to talk to & we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I also agree that it would be nice to have small coffee makers in the rooms or if they could serve coffee in the front office area. Thank you C.J.Padda and family for your kindness.
Ross and Gloria of Wasaga Beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had a nice stay here. The owners were very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and a great size, good size for families. The food was very good in their restaurant. Good parking lot and free wifi. It is in a good location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

if you belive helping the small business man this the place. the owners try make a go of this motel theyare not support by a big chain. the rooms are clean but could use a coffee marker but tim horton is just down the street and that is good to meet people. for the price less then 80.00. a night it is good buy john from boston

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank john c
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

My mother and our pet dog were on our way to PEI during the holidays and passed through Woodstock, NB. We were not sure where to stay so we stopped at a gas station to ask where a good, clean, and decently-priced accommodation would be. This lead us to Stiles Motel where the best part of our evening was the service! The gentleman at the front desk was so polite and welcoming, that we instantly felt comfortable with the place. The first thing I noticed about the room was how thoroughly clean it was (and it was a pet-friendly room). Finally, in the evening, we had a nice meal at the restaurant on-site. They offer both Canadian and Indian cuisine. My mother and I tried their Indian platter and it was fantastic! Home-made and delicious.
Finally, the location of the motel was in a peaceful area, yet only about 3 min from the highway. Needless to say, we slept well!
I highly recommend this motel for its service, cleanliness, and the great food they have. Thanks Stiles!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Vanessa S
Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

Recently stayed a night at this motel and found it a depressing experience. The room is not worth the price. The price actually charged is (much) higher than what they advertise. The motel looks ok-ish from the outside but the rooms have an old and depressing feel. For about 100 Canadia dollars I have stayed at much nicer motels in the area. The motel has no ice machine accessible to the guests, vending machine is not in working order, the room is very plain, no fridge, no coffee maker and -worst of all- the door did not lock well and non of the windows could be securely locked. All in all it gave a bit of an unpleasant/unsafe feel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bonairetraveller
stilesmotel, General Manager at Stiles Motel, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Bonaire Traveler, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize about the vending machine being out of order. In actuality, we were sold out the night before your arrival by a hockey team and the vendor of the vending machine had not come by to refill the unit. With respect to the ice machine, it is located in the main office. Alternatively, you could have called the switchboard from your room and requested some to be brought to your room. With respect to the fridge, not all of our rooms are equipped with a fridge. If you require a fridge, you could have asked the front desk upon arrival or even when you discovered the need for a fridge and we would have moved you to a room that has one. I am very sorry you had a bad experience with us and I would like the chance to rectify the situation. It is our goal to provide our very best to each and every guest.

Respectfully,
Roger P

Travelers are raving about these Woodstock hotels

Moncton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

I took a room here because it was supposed to be the best price in the region. I took contact with the management by email and they lowered the rates 'just for us', when I called he seemed like a nice buy and then we got there. It was very dingy and not inviting at all, I had to remind the guy at the desk for the fourth time who I was and that I had made a reservation, he was very moody and unwelcoming. My credit card did not work on the first try so I, of course, wanted to try a second time (and I know this card works) he didn't want to let me try again because as he said it cost him every time we tried to make a transaction so my boyfriend who I had invited to stay with me had to pay in the end. There was no way to make coffee or hot water in the room, that was basically empty and not in the greatest condition. in the morning when we wanted to leave to continue our route, he came back with my boyfriend who had gone to return the key (he also yelled at my boyfriend because on the registering paper we had to fill out when we checked in we did not write that we had two cars) and went in the room to check it and told me just when I was about to leave 'if there is anything that has gone on in there that I didn't know about I will charge you for it'.
Plus for the price of the room there should have been a breakfast with it, nothing fancy but still
It was THE worst stay at a motel that I have ever experienced in my life, somewhere I hope never to go again in my life..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank melo_jp
Dear Melodie, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest at Stiles Motel Woodstock. We have taken appropriate actions to reprimand the employee in question as we investigate the matters that you have brought forth. We seldom receive any complaints about our rooms as they are both very clean & spacious as you noted. However, if you felt they did not meet or exceed your expectations we would have been glad to move you to a more suitable room.

I all fairness though, you were DECEPTIVE in that you LIED about having a pet. You 'forgot' to mention that when making the reservation and at check-in when we explicitly ask if you have a pet with you as we have designated rooms for pets and smoking. Additionally, you did not register your second vehicle with the front desk either. This is a concern for us as vehicles that are not registered with the front desk are considered suspicious and we are supposed to report them to the Police.

Respectfully,

Roger P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
BEST WESTERN PLUS Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre
The Peak Sunset B&B
The Peak Sunset B&B
#1 of 1 in Grafton
Bennett House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Stiles Motel? Share your experiences!