“Beware of fraud”

Club Vacances Toutes Saisons
Bolton, Canada
“Beware of fraud”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed at Club Vacances for a March break ski vacation with my family of five (2 adults and 3 teenagers).

After returning home, I received a call from the hotel indicating that I had been charged over $300 for allegedly damaging one of the two new red leather sofa chairs in the condo we stayed in. This was a totally false accusation as there was no damage caused whatsover to any furniture during our stay.

Shorly after our stay, the resort forwarded me a letter containing two photos of a damaged chair, and without a doubt I confirmed that this damage did not occur during my stay. When I viewed the photos, it appeared that there was significant damage to the chair - in fact there appeared to be six distinct occurrences of noticeable wear. This was not the condition of either of the two red leather chairs when we departed the condo.

Additionally, I was informed by the staff that the condo I stayed in was refurbished with new chairs about one month prior to my stay. When I observe the photo sent by Club Vacances it appeared that the damage to the chair in the photo was significant, likely as a result of long-term wear, not from a chair that is quite new. Without question, this was not the condition of either of the two red leather chairs when we departed the condo.

I sent a letter to the hotel manager explaining the error, however, I did not receive a reply, nor a refund.

This allegation of damage was both frustrating and disturbing, and I wanted to share this with others who may be thinking of staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Brian W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

We booked a 3 BR suite and ended up getting a Chalet (house). We hated it as it was poorly maintained and decorated like a dorm room. We complained about the problems light bulbs out, grease screen hanging off, all bedroom bed frames loose, shower doors about to fall off, rusty bolts exposed in the bathroom, furniture worn beyond its useful life. We were offered a renovated condo with only one bedroom. Our family was not going to make it due to weather so we accepted the down grade and the management was not willing to refund our money and even charged us a cleaning fee for both units. The renovated condo was much better than the chalets but overall we were disappointed by the management's decisions which is why I am writing this review.

Room Tip: Make sure the rooms have been recently renovated. Stay away from chalets.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank fuelman

Travelers are raving about these Beaupre hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We drove to Quebec City in August 2013 from Massachusetts for a week through an RCI exchange. We traveled with our adult daughter and her boyfriend. We had a three bedroom chalet with a kitchen, dining room, and living room on two floors. Beaupre is 25 miles from Quebec City but it was the closest exchange we could find. We drove to the city every afternoon and stayed through the evening. The resort is a ski resort in a picturesque area. It was very quiet in the summer in Beaupre but Quebec City is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We have been to the area a dozen or more times over 30 years and love it every time. My daughter and her boyfriend speak French so it was easy to communicate through them. Most people spoke enough English to communicate easily without knowing French. Wi-Fi is not free. Food at the grocery store in Canada is much more costly than in the US. We brought food, including meat, some veggies and fruits, and canned goods to cook with.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joragwar
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We (2 adults and a child) used RCI points to book an extra 4 days of skiing here just after New Year (our home resort is Smuggler's Notch Vermont). The RCI points required for booking a 2 bedroom condo was relatively low and the unit itself was clean, comfortable with all the usual amenities important for skiing (i.e. washer/dryer). Internet/WIFI is NOT free ($45 for a week) and is NOT very fast when most people are connected (early evening... morning is fine). There was an additional site administrative fee charged as well as a separate fee to use the indoor pool of a neighbor resort (there is no indoor pool so ~1 km away and had to drive there), fees to rent DVDs, etc. etc. so it all adds up. That said, the resort is VERY conveniently situated to ski Mte St Anne (~ 2 km away) but does not have any of the 'extras' that our home resort has (e.g. no outdoor heated pools, no hot tubs, units do not have whirlpool tubs, no resort activities, etc.) so if you are just looking for a place to stay while skiing this is great, but if you are looking for a 'resort' this is not going to meet your expectations. Would I stay here again? - Absolutely as I can use RCI points to book it. Would I pay to stay here? - Don't think I would.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank ocall0
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was an RCI exchange. We had to take a bigger condo than we needed because of availability but it was worth it. We had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, washer and dryer, a fully equipped kitchen. It was very nice, clean and quiet, good bed, good TV. Only negative would be the pool which was a bit small and always overrun by children.

Room Tip: If you like to jog, a nearby neighborhood has jogging paths thru the woods and the homes are quite s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank estoril2
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

The condo unit was a one bedroom, very small but nice for two people. Furnishings were new and nice. Condo was very clean. Staff was very nice. I had two problems that I wanted to address. These condo's advertise free internet (look it up under other Club Vacances Toutes Saisons adds). You will see words like complimentary, free. I was charged $39.50 plus tax total $45.42 for internet for 7 day's. (Very good internet.) When asked about this I was told by the manager that because I did not pay for the condo like others, and I got it through RCI, that I had to pay. I did pay RCI for a cruise and a week. One of the reasons I picked this property was because of the internet.
The other thing that I thought was wrong is that I had paid RCI for this property, and at the end of the week I was charged an extra $29.50 plus tax total $33.92 for Administrative fee. That's a total of $79.34 that is just fattening their pockets. Just wanted you to know what to expect. They have hidden charges, over and beyond what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Emery S
Rochester, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We Exchanged in with a very high end trade from Hawaii. Anxious to explore. Had seen some of the negative reviews. Not expecting perfect,, just something comfortable. No stretch of the imagination could have prepared us for this dated, small, musty smelling unfriendly place. Everything about it is uncomfortable.. the furniture, the beds, the cramped space.... It sits just under high tension power lines, along side a very busy and noisy highway. We intended to spend the week. Made it one night,, less than 24 hours and left. As I said,,, don't even think about going there... serious!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank RGTravelIng
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaupre
Chateau Mont-Sainte-Anne
#3 of 4 in Beaupre
Au Domaine des Neiges
Au Domaine des Neiges
#7 of 7 in Beaupre

Been to Club Vacances Toutes Saisons? Share your experiences!