“quality inn but poor quality wifi”

Travelodge Edmundston
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Edmundston
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for one night and thoroughly enjoyed the rooms! Big and roomy, clean and excellent water pressure in the shower. We were down the corridor on the third floor so could hardly get wifi. Even in the lobby it was temperamental. Managed to use the pool which was pleasant enough, though full of kids doing cannonballs. The hot tub was really nice though. We didnt have breakfast at the hotel, we had the subway 3 dollar breakfast which was 5 minutes away which wasgreat. Saw a few dogs around.wonder if they have a special section for pets in rooms.overall would definitely stay here again if I didnt need wifi or they improved the wifi.oh and they have a real coffee machine in the rooms. Great quality coffee!:)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed at this Quality Inn on 13th. May. We have been there many times, but this was the first time we have encountered a problem.

As always the staff members were friendly and we had no problem in only speaking a little French. We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed our meal. Although the breakfast is not included there are good choices at reasonable prices.

The hotel is very conveniently situated near the highway and although it appeared to be almost fully occupied, it was quiet and we would have got a good night's sleep except for the overwhelming smell of smoke in our supposedly non-smoking room.

When we first went into the room it didn't smell too bad, maybe just a little musty as some older hotel rooms sometimes do. But as the night went on the smell got stronger and stronger and was by then identifiable as cigarette smoke and it really disturbed our sleep. As the parking lot was full we saw no point in asking to be moved.

I did complain upon check-out and was told that someone would "check the room". I wanted to be clear that we were not the ones who had smoked there.

So, if you are a non-smoker, or, like me, have some serious issues with your lungs, avoid staying in room 211 at all costs. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room 211 - it smells of cigarette smoke!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The experience started with no wifi in our room. When I brought this to the staff's attention, the person I spoke to blamed the problem on my brand new iPad and my iPhone, even though I could get wifi up at the front desk. This didn't make a difference to the staff and I didn't even get a "sorry " for not getting a service they say was provided. Then, the next morning, there was no hot water. I don't mean that it was just tepid, it was cold, ice cold. I can put up with lots of little inconveniences, but no hot water was inexcusable. This is a hotel, not a frat house. (No offence to frat houses).
The staff never offered a discount or an apology when we checked out. Customer service is obviously not in their training program!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jo H
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is my third and last stay at this hotel. First time, WiFi didn't work in my room; I eventually got a connection in the lobby, don't remember if it ever worked in the room. Second time, noise from adjoining room. This time, WiFi problems again plus kids running up and down halls shouting, playing hockey, etc., throughout evening. Liked having a restaurant right in hotel but it's not worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have been to this hotel on every trip I have made from Ontario to New Brunswick (home). I've always had a great experience so continue to come back. We were here last week and the room was not great. It was really hot, no way to control the heat and we ate in the bar and the food was terrible. I had already pre-booked for tonight so we came back and tried to give it another chance. Again the room was so hot with no way to control the heat. There is a tournament in town so the hotel was booked solid and crowded with a whole bunch of kids that there is no control over (they are still running overhead and in the halls at 10:00). My partner and I were exhausted from travelling and tried to take a nap which didn't happen because of the noise. I will say though we tried the bar restaurant again and the food was great! We ended up leaving however because of the noise. Think it is time to try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We needed a room fast as we were passing through, so I called and talked to the desk clerk, who was very nice. She gave us a great corporate rate, and stated there was no need to reserve as they had lots of rooms available. We had a speedy check in, and all was great with our room. Clean, comfortable, though a little dated. The only real drawback for us was that they didn't offer free breakfast, however they do have a restaurant on site. Tim Horton's is also close by. We would stay here again, as it was a nice positive experience.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My family stopped at this hotel on our way out of New Brunswick. It is pet friendly and happily accommodated our mastiff, pug and cat for no additional pet fee.
The room was classically rather than modernly decorated and obviously up kept. They decided to forgo typical hotel art and go with Renoir prints instead, I thought it was a nice touch considering the room decor.
We stayed in a double queen room with our animals and there children (the baby sleeping in her play pen). We all had enough room to move about and the beds were comfy enough.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the pool area was beautiful.

Now for the not so good stuff.
The carpet in our room, although it looked clean enough, smelled slightly of cigarette smoke. The walls were a little thin the road noise from the highway was sufficient enough to keep me awake periodically through the night, although the rest of my family slept just fine. I would ask for a room on the lobby side of the building to avoid it.
There was not a continental breakfast, but the room was only $88 and the breakfast menu was not to pricey.

Over all I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling with pets. It can be difficult to find hotels that love animals rather than just tolerate them. This one is great especially given that we were travelling with a very well behaved albeit very large dog.

Stayed: January 2014