La Praga Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 13, 2008

We had specifically booked a non-smoking room, and what we got was a room that smelled like tons of cigarettes smoked in there. Officially, all rooms are non-smoking, but even the second room I got after my complaint, smelled the same. Only the third room smelled clean. Receptionist explained that people would smoke without permission. Apparently that is tolerated. Good: I got a 2 double bedroom w/o problem although I had paid only for a 1 queen bedroom. Parking is available next to the building and the Edmundston Tourist Office, but it might be full on a Saturday night with restaurant visitors. The view from the window is unspectacular, but this is due to the uninspiring surroundings in a mainly industrial (timber, paper) town.
The reception is part of the not-so-cheap Chinese restaurant on ground level, friendly but always in a rush and not in a mood for talking. On a nice day you can walk to the lake, where there's a little park with a bridge leading to the falls into St. John's River. A walking/biking/skating trails also winds its way to the NB Botanical Gardens (several km away). And last, the US are just over the bridge, if you want to use their cheaper postal office or get gas or groceries.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nordkap