“Perhaps the BEST Best Western in N. America”

Best Western Plus Edmundston Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Edmundston
Huntington Beach, California
“Perhaps the BEST Best Western in N. America”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

As far as 3-star hotels go, this one is at the very top of the heap in my opinion, even if it's located in a city that most road warriors won't ever visit. The hotel had a lovely, inviting lobby and warmly lit guest corridors, and well appointed rooms that were as clean as could be (including the TV remote encased in a fabric sleeve printed with a note of having been sanitized - who's ever seen that before? not me, but I sure appreciated it!).

The ground floor rooms are entered through the interior guest corridors, as well as from the sliding french doors that directly access the parking lot. For travelers with pets, as I was, this made things very convenient when loading in as well as for taking the dog out for a walk. Additionally, there are two sliding doors with a sliding screen door between them, each locking from the inside for security. The double sliders was another thing I'd never seen before, and it gave me an extra sense of safety and security.

Other above-the-norm touches that were much appreciated included a deep and long bathtub that's inviting enough for a tall person to soak awhile; the usual mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee station, with a bonus pack of microwavable popcorn; and plenty of power outlets to recharge the assorted electronics we all travel with these days. The hotel's pool was small, but it included a twisty-turny water slide that looked great for kids, and a separate jacuzzi where the adults could relax while the kids played within sight.

Lastly, the front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and efficient. If I'm ever back in this area I will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a dog ask for a ground floor pet room. They also have pet rooms on the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Marc M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edmundston Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I love this hotel. We stay here on our travels frequently. Staff are always very friendly and try to accommodate all our needs. They upgraded our room in order to give us some peace and quite as they had a number of young hockey players in town that night. It ended up being very quiet on our floor that night. Due to the number of guests, we did not avail ourselves of breakfast the next morning due to lineups. But this was definitely our choice to see breakfast elsewhere. They do have a great breakfast though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It is always greatly rewarding to read such nice comments; thank you for taking the time to share them! I must say I love my no carpets also, beautiful and clean room. What I am most proud of, is certainly our wonderful dedicated team, with who I will share your kind words
LONDON, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is just one of those comfortable hotels that has a comfortable feel to it. A nice electric fire place adds to the charm of the rooms. The breakfast service is better than we have ever experience in a hotel. A nice dining room is also a treat. kRoom service is available.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Thank Brian F. G
Marc M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edmundston Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for writing a review on your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Edmundston. We were pleased to read about your experience at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. We are so please that your little children enjoy the pool, thanks.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Located just off a ramp from the Trans Canada Highway in Edmundston, New Brunswick this hotel is very convenient for the traveller who may be just passing through or for the vacation traveller who may be staying for a few days in the area. A very well stocked hot/cold breakfast is included in the room price and offers quite a large variety of foods. The lobby is interestingly furnished with real or reproduction antiques which give it a warm welcoming and homey feel. The rooms are non-smoking and large penalties are collected if the non-smoking rules are breached. Room was well appointed, comfortable, with 2 Queen sized beds. The room service staff do an excellent job of cleaning and keeping everything stocked. All staff encountered were friendly and bilingual (English/French). Very quiet for sleeping. Located just across the street from an Emergency Hospital. Very good security locks on the ground floor room access doors with parking available for your vehicle just outside your room. Restaurants, shopping, and tourist attractions available close by, by car. Botanical Gardens nearby in Summer and Ski Slopes and Snow Mobile trails in winter. We originally booked for one night as pass through travellers, a small medical condition kept us in the room for a second night which was accommodated for us by the front desk staff although they actually had another booking for that specific room and are pretty full most nights. Price toward higher value for the area. Stayed April 21 and 22, 2014

Room Tip: All rooms are well located.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Marc M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edmundston Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My two adult children and I stayed at the Best Western Plus in Edmundston on our way back from Dalhousie to Ontario.

After a long car ride it was such a great pleasure and relief to be greeted by the friendly and experienced staff at the Best Western. We all appreciated the modern and up to date hotel with clean rooms and no carpeting. Very comfortable and even though the hotel was near capacity with a swim meet nearby, we found the room very quite.

The breakfast was also good, hot and plentiful.

We managed to leave one item behind and when I called from our home the next day, the staff happily couriered our missing items to our home address.

Terrific hotel and terrific staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Marc M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edmundston Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will share your comments with our employees because they are the reason of our success.
Positive comments like yours give us energy to continue our mission, which is to offer our customers a service that exceeds its own expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again
greenwood, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Love the non-carpeted floors!!! Beautiful property, caring and friendly staff, great value. Breakfast was very good. Bed was slightly uncomfortable for myself but my partner was very happy with it. Pool and fitness room appeared very nice, though we did not use them.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marc M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edmundston Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Belleville, ON, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Nice little pool, good breakfast, lovely quite decor. We stopped here with two small children. They enjoyed the pool, and found that it was just the right size for them. We were tremendously pleased with our time here and would be thrilled to stay again sometime.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marc M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edmundston Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014