“Nothing special”

Best Western Plus Edmundston Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Edmundston
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Not sure where the amazing reviews on this place come from. We have stayed in many different hotels/motels in Edmundston in the last 20 something years, on our drive to Nova Scotia.

The hotel is quite new yet decidedly grandmotherly/country decor. The lobby is a mixture of old antique furniture, Elvis busts, statue of a knight in armor, and a piano with a big sign taped to it saying "DO NOT TOUCH". This to me is not a welcoming sign when I enter a place. Why have the piano there in the first place? Not that I had any desire to touch the piano.

The room was spacious and very clean. There is no carpeting anywhere in the hotel which I really like. I know it's not as cozy but it is cleaner without the carpet. The rooms were decked out in country decor.

The problem was that we were on the second floor and there was a party going on directly beneath us on a few of the ground floor rooms. They had set up shop outside on their patios. They were extremely loud and even with the windows shut we could hear them like they were in our room. We had had a long drive from Toronto and needed to sleep before our early departure the next day.

I called the front desk and told the young woman who answered of the problem. She told me that their policy was that guests could make as much noise as they liked until 11:00 pm. I hung up and we tried to go to sleep. The noise was unbearable so I called back and spoke to another young woman. She had a serious attitude with me and told me that it was "only 9:00 pm" and the people below were allowed to party for another 2 hours. I asked to speak to a manager and was informed that there was no manager on site and wouldn't be until Tuesday. This was Saturday. Anyway, she was absolutely rude to me. I finally hung up, furious.

This will be my last time at this Best Western. By the way, what is with the Best Western "PLUS"? Far from a "Plus".

4  Thank LSmithTO

Reviewed September 1, 2011

As I drive to Atlantic Canada, my first stop is in Edmundston. I've stayed at many hotels in Edmundston, and Riviere-du-Loup, and this is by far the best of the bunch. The lobby is nice, although I am not a fan of the decor. It resembles the decor at the Days Inn in Edmundston. I believe it is owned by the same person / family. The room was big and clean, with a nice sized bathroom. I really like the fact that you can open the windows to get some fresh air. All the modern amenities are available in your room. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices. It is located right across from the hospital. Edmundston is not a pretty town, but I was very pleased with this new hotel !

Room Tip: You can ask for a room on the ground floor and park your car right in front of your door.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank canuck64
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stay at this hotel with my family, nice rooms, very clean and confortable. A nice swimmingpool with a big slide that the kids really enjoy, but the hot tub, discusting, it seems they don't clean it, it has black marks in the border, really not apealing. Also the breakfast room too small, sometimes youhave to wait for a table to eat yr breakfast, or eat it in the livingroom. Anyhow, the front desk people very nice. good but not perfect

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed here on our way to the Maritimes. The hotel is very recent, and only a minute away from the highway and a host of restaurants. Very clean, modern, spacious, pleasant decor and greeeeeeeeat free breakfast.
The staff was professional and we even had a sliding door in our room to access our car in the parking. Very handy, ask for it.
Definetely a recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DouceVie
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Although it was a bit expensive the hotel is very clean and comfortable. It was a perfect stopover on our trip through from Nova Scotia. It has a decent pool and slide to occupy the kids and, although it does not have a restaurant, the hotel offers a full breakfast buffet. I would recommend this location to anyone travelling through Edmundston, NB.

2  Thank Steelcity7
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The hotel was fine - our room was clean but dusty and we got a 'special' dog room that had no carpet. The pool was freezing but the kids loved it anyway. The staff were not super friendly but for a quick overnight stay it was also fine. Breakfast was great - lots of food to choose from.

1  Thank momee3021
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The hotel is new and with a very nicely decorated hotel lobby and small pool. The Hotel features an on-site laundry facility which was wonderful. The beds were comfortable and featured a fair-sized bathroom and large old style closet. There was no carpet in the room and the floor tended to get a little cold on the feet some nights. The continental breakfast was nice but there was not enough room for us to eat so we were forced to eat in our room.

1  Thank 3marketeers