“Birthday Bite”
Review of The Bridge Bistro

The Bridge Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bridge Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Fernie
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Bridge Bistro. We are an independent, locally owned restaurant, located on the highway and along the Elk River, with the most amazing views overlooking the beautiful Lizard Range. We are open 7 days a week, Monday - Friday, 11 am until 10 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 10 pm, serving breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner, drinks and desserts. We just had major renovations done, and feel confident that you will appreciate the new atmosphere we have created. Our menu features the regular favorites, such as salads, pizzas, quesadillas and burgers, but we also take pride in preparing other daily specials, vegetarian meals and sharing platters. From 5 pm daily, you can have a taste of our in house prepared rotisserie chicken and ribs. We look forward serving you.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great Deck on the river - friendly staff and kids menu -
Good drinks menu and a fairly diverse menu that changes through the day with daily specials
Service is good along with the food

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Nice location next to the Elk River - with a lovely deck - but we sat inside because it looked like rain (and did!). Pleasant server and service. I enjoyed my Spana (veggie) quesadilla although it lacked seasoning and my wife had delicious fish and chips but substituted salad for fries - her salad was large, tasty, nicely dressed. Her fish was delicious haddock (so good I thought it was halibut!). Tasty Fernie craft beers. Not a bad price for lunch, but a bit more pricey than the Loaf!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Always one of the best view decks in summer.
Recommend the crab cake salad - light fresh dressing.
Friend had vege burger - says it was good.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Not a bad meal but nothing special. It is a tourist town and choices are slim so its not terrible. Food quality was good, quantity was fair and the price was just a tad high. Wouldn't make it a destination but I would go back.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stopped for lunch and although our food was good; we were dismayed to see a PST charge as well as the GST charge on our receipt. I have checked with other restaurants and they should not be charging PST on their lunches. As well, having the tip option starting at 18% feels a little over the top. As far as I can figure it - between tip and the erronous additional 7% being added - makes for a 25% tip? P.S. you may wish to put some fly strips in the inside seating area to avoid batting flies off of your food.

BB-CP-owner, Owner at The Bridge Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear visitor!

I have tried to connect with you over the phone, but unsuccessful. I also sent you a message but have not heard back. Just wanted to clarify the PST charge. Most likely did you have an alcoholic beverage with your meal, and therefor you where charged Liquor tax, which is paid together with any PST collected, and as the computer for some reason do not allow more than 6 letters for tax names, we called it PST, but have not changed it to liqtax. If you did not have any alcoholic beverage with your lunch, it is a programming mistake for most likely one item on the menu, I will go over our programming and make sure that will not be repeated if so.
Thanks for taking the time to bring this to my attention.
Wish you a great weekend.