“Much better than the reviews lead you to believe!”
Review of The Bridge Bistro

The Bridge Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bridge Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Fernie
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Bridge Bistro. We are an independent, locally owned restaurant, located on the highway and along the Elk River, with the most amazing views overlooking the beautiful Lizard Range. We are open 7 days a week, Monday - Friday, 11 am until 10 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 10 pm, serving breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner, drinks and desserts. We just had major renovations done, and feel confident that you will appreciate the new atmosphere we have created. Our menu features the regular favorites, such as salads, pizzas, quesadillas and burgers, but we also take pride in preparing other daily specials, vegetarian meals and sharing platters. From 5 pm daily, you can have a taste of our in house prepared rotisserie chicken and ribs. We look forward serving you.
Reviewed November 25, 2012

After reading the reviews on this place I was hesitant to visit, but thankfully I did. The food was far better than the reviews led me to believe. Yes, the prices where a bit high, but honestly, I would rather pay them then the franchised restaurants just disown the road. We went with a big group and the waitress was very accommodating, quick to respond, and everyone got their food all together, and quickly. I personally ate their fish and chips which were very good...a bit of a different twist in the norm and it worked. I will definitely go to this restaurant when I return to Fernie.

BB-CP-owner, Owner at The Bridge Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Mininggirl!
Thanks for your review. I am happy that you decided to come to our restaurant event thought you had your doubts. It is unfortunate that the reviews not always correspond with the reality we are trying to accomplish, as it is many times easier to write a bad review then to let us know in person, and if it is good, many do not take the time to write a positive review.
I am very thankful that you took the time. I appreciate your feedback and I have let your server and the kitchen know about your comments, it made them very happy.
I hope that we will see you back another day.
All the best

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We go here quite a bit! The menu here has a great variety for anyone you could be dining with from soups to pizzas!! They have local beer on tap which is a plus for me as it gets the community working together. They make a good pizza , but the Fish and Chips is my favorite. There are sesame seeds in the batter so it looks weird but the crispiness is amazing! The salads are also delicious as are the burgers , I have never had a bad experience in the 8 months we have been going here, it is well worth a visit if you are in town......in the summer definitely sit out on the patio!

1  Thank Avocet_9

Dear Avocet_9;
So happy to read your review. It is great to hear that you are visiting us frequently and that you are feeling that we have a wide variety on our menu, both for food and drinks.
The fish and chips are really good, home made with a light tempura batter and black sesame seeds they are different from what you regularly get elsewhere. Three out of four beers on tap is from the local Fernie Brewing Co, out of them three, one is changing weekly to be a different Fernie Beer on special. Appreciate you took the time to write your review.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

we had the nachos for an appitizer and peperoni piza for the main lots of toppings on both and like the fact that they use side bacon instead of back bacon on the pizza. good atmosphere and friendly waitress.

Dear Ryan P!
Thank you very much for letting others know about your experience. A positive rating means a lot, and we are very happy that you took the time to tell. I hope we have a chance to serve you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Underwhelming...just okay. Sitting outside was nice and they have heaters. Staff seemed alittle tired, but still friendly. Just an ok dinner.

HiMonicaH222!
I am sorry that you did feel that our staff was a bit tired, and that the food was just OK. I hope to serve you in the future and that your experience then will be above your expectations.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Bridge Bistro, previously Rip N' Richards, changed hands 18 months ago but didn't change menu until this year. While the menu retains some of the variety of the previous one, it is much more limited. Food was good and reasonably priced and service was good, but the primary reason to eat here is the outdoor patio on the banks of the Elk River. It is a wonderful place to spend a summer evening. Modestly priced.

Hi bmwTN66!
Thanks for giving us some nice comments on our restaurant. It is interesting that you feel that the menu is a bit more limited than the previous menu for "RipnRichards", as our menu have more items on it. Maybe we are presenting it in a different way, I will look into that. Again, I really appreciate the nice comments in your review, I hope that you will come and visit us again.

Have a nice day