“Nice folks”

The Fernie Hotel & Pub
Ranked #19 of 62 Restaurants in Fernie
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Description: Fernie Hotel & Pub: Description Welcome to the historic Fernie Hotel & Pub. Nestled in the heart of downtown Fernie, this pub has been a fixture since it was rebuilt after the great fire of 1908. Of the 11 hotels rebuilt after the great fire it is the only one that has been run as a hotel for that entire time. True to its history, "The Fernie" still boasts clean rooms, cold beer and great home cooking! "The Fernie" features two large rooms with original brickwork and large windows showcasing stunning mountain views, a pool table, T.V.'s and a stage for entertainment. Known for its classic Beer Battered Fish & Chips, the kitchen is open daily for lunch, dinner and appies. Catering to working class folk and tourists alike, walk in the front door and you'll be greeted with a friendly hello, relax with a cold Fernie beer and top shelf gourmet pub fare prepared with rustic home-style quality.
Reviewed March 11, 2019

You have to love a local hotel and watering hole. A nice vibe here, great staff, local beers, tasty food and they also have specials on, so check first.

Date of visit: March 2019
LuckyHowseWife, Manager at The Fernie Hotel & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Thanks Jordan, that's a nice review - exactly who we are. Neighbourhood pub, where we want everyone to feel welcome. Hope to see you this summer!

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

The pub atmosphere was very welcoming and relaxing. I love that my son could come in with us and have a game of pool.

Our waitress was very friendly and efficient.
We had the $3 tacos, a steak sandwich and poutine. The steak was better than I expected for a pub. The Canadian poutine was delicious!

We would absolutely return the next time we are in town.

Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Old rustic pub, great views of the mountains while having a few cold pops. Food was good and the staff were great!

Reviewed February 8, 2019

I ate at the Fernie Hotel this evening. When I went in, I did not have high expectations because it was pub food, but I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the lamb shank. It was tender, tasty, plentiful, and it fell off of the bone. The vegetables were also just right- neither over or under cooked. I had it with a nice cold beer and could not have been happier with my choice. The service was also good. I will be returning!
Cheers

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed the nightly special, steak pie and a few beers while watching the football game. Good food and service! Really good stop while in Fernie!

Date of visit: January 2019